✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

who's your favorite beatle?

putainfromage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John

Across The Universe, I Am The Walrus, Revolution, Strawberry Fields Forever, Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said, I'm Only Sleeping, Nowhere Man, Norwegian Wood, Don't Let Me Down, Come Together, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Dear Prudence, Glass Onion, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Good Morning Good Morning, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey, Yer Blues, Sexy Sadie, All You Need Is Love...

need I go on?

All good points made by Skinned Alive, but thats exactly what John (And Paul) wrote songs for, a repetoire or CV. George just wrote what he felt.

And John was an arrogant dickhead, he was from the start of his teenage years (When he was a brick throwing hooligan who mocked handicapped people) and up to and past his Beatles years when he regarded Paul's story telling songs as "Boring songs about boring people-pointless".

Paul and George were also arrogant bastards, Paul still is today (And shields it from the media).

Basically every Beatle was a dick except for Ringo. But I just like George.

All good points made by Skinned Alive' date=' but thats exactly what John (And Paul) wrote songs for, a repetoire or CV. George just wrote what he felt.[/quote']

True. It seemed like John and Paul wrote songs because they had to, like it was their job, whereas George wrote when he actually felt like it and his songs have a bit more of an emotional edge.

But my point was that I can think of plenty of songs by Paul McCartney that I can't stand (e.g. Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Honey Pie, She's Leaving Home, Get Back) and a few by George Harrison (Piggies is the one that immediately springs to mind).

But off the top of my head, I really struggle to think of songs by John that I don't like. Perhaps 'Revolution 9', but even then I find it kind of thought-provoking and wonderfully surreal. There probably are some songs I really don't like, but I'm having trouble thinking of one off the top of my head.

george-written beatle songs are always my favorites. while my guitar gently weeps, taxman, i me mine, piggies, savoy truffle, within you without you, here comes the sun, something, old brown shoe, for you blue, it's all too much, long long long... they just seem like the most perfect songs i've ever heard. in a good way. and he has the best solo beatle stuff, in my opinion.