Hello, Mc Squared is my best friend

Albie

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

So.. Nein is Doh in German.. How come Mark didn't know that? Aren't you German also Mark? :huh: :stunned: :huh:

I'm not German, I only live in Germany.

I don't watch German TV.

If "Doh" has indeed been translated as "Nein" on German TV, then it's pathetic!!

That's one of the reasons I'm so anti-dubbing - they never get it right.

"Doh" has become an international buzzword for The Simpsons.

That kind of thing should never be "translated". It would have worked just the same in German, as it isn't a word, just a noise!! :angry:

Guest LiquidSky

I don't watch German TV.

If "Doh" has indeed been translated as "Nein" on German TV, then it's pathetic!!

That kind of thing should never be "translated". It would have worked just the same in German, as it isn't a word, just a noise!! :angry:

I thought you said you were in England? :huh: So...you are not German, but you live in Germany.. got it.. so I'm guessing you are English?

I don't see why they would want to change it..but that's not a reason to be upset about.. :stunned:

I don't watch German TV.

I thought you said you were in England? :huh: So...you are not German, but you live in Germany.. got it.. so I'm guessing you are English?

I don't see why they would want to change it..but that's not a reason to be upset about.. :stunned:

It's a pet hate of mine. The meanings of film titles have been completely changed by such translations. It's unnecessary.

They even tried to translate Shakespeare. You can't - it's far too complex.

Rhyming couplets cannot be translated without ruining the whole "feeling/sense" of them.

It will never be the same.

Translating a groan or grunt is ludicrous and laughable, and insults the intelligence of the viewing public!