✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Things on X&Y that remind you of other songs/albums

gentleparachute

What other music does X&Y remind you of?

Here's my list: :D

- Square One Will’s snare at 2:30 – Radiohead’s Hail To The Thief. Song “There, There”. Last 2 snare-rolling motifs

- Square One The guys singing “O-o-oh, Who-O-o-h…” at 2:20 – Kasabian’s singing style on title album e.g. “Club Foot” / “Reason Is Treason” / “Processed Beats”.

- X&Y baseline, especially around 3:00 - Karma Police (Radiohead, OK Computer). "I lost myself..." part baseline starting from about 2:45

- The Hardest Part "I could feel it go down..." - Wild Honey (U2, All That You Can't Leave Behind) "You could go there if you please... Wild honey"

- Twisted Logic Opening melody "Some light..." - Hunchback of Notre Dame theme song "Someday..."

- How You See The World the 3-chord "la ti do" guitar progression just before "It's how you see the world..." in the 2nd half of the choruses - A Beatles song: Imagine? (somebody help me... :P )

^ Does anyone here actually have the song (Computer Love) or has listened to it? Is it anything like Talk?

You guys, keep posting :angry:

I can't believe X&Y doesn't remind you of anything... I still have like another half-page list. Or maybe you guys think its :rolleyes: and :snore:

:embarrased:

Aww, come on. I know you can do better :D

the White Shadows part where he sings, "Maybe you'll get what you wanted..." always reminds me of that Prince song... I'm not sure of the title but he sings something like, "maybe you're just like my father.."

I dunno, anyone else know what I'm talking about?

- Twisted Logic Opening melody "Some light..." - Hunchback of Notre Dame theme song "Someday..."

-

YES!!that's it, thank you,I was going crazy.

Haha... I know. That was the first thing that struck me when I heard that song. But I rather think the similarity was unintended though coz I can't imagine them trying to imitate a Disney song :lol:

*Sunlight opened my eyes ...Rivers will run...(.then the bass comes in )reminding me of the "Beatles" in parts throughout the whole song.

*When something is broken...Trying to repair it anyway I can. Ooh ooh...oohooh ooh, ooh. Makes me think of "The Beach Boys" with that vocal style.

THANK YOU for thinking of Karma Police when you heard X&Y

Haha... the thing is, I only got OK Computer AFTER I bought X&Y. I was nicely settling down to it (OK Computer) and then all these things on X&Y started popping up... that baseline is unmistakeable :lol:

I love the similarities between these two albums- they're so different yet so alike :D

"White shadows" reminds me of "Politik" because of the energy, the effects, the strings and, above all, the last part of the two songs: they have the same harmony in a different key; they are soft and very deep.

There's another thing about Coldplay and Radiohead: their first albums(Parachutes - Pablo Honey) were followed by much better ones! (A rush of blood... , X&Y - The Bends, OK Computer)