✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Politik: Live or Album version?

gentleparachute

I've been listening to the recent live versions of Politik since X&Y was released e.g. Glastonbury 2005, Much Music 2005, VH1 etc., and I've to say the live performances of this song really stands out! In particular, the Much Music performance comes to mind.

I've never quite taken to the album version of the track from AROTTH but their new takes on the song have really made me fall for it... I think it's miles better now. Anybody agree with me? :D

It's Coldplay's best song. If they play it live or not... it's their masterpiece.

For sure, it's a masterpiece. But I wouldn't say, that it i the best song 'cause they have too many masterpieces xD

And to the topic:

Yes, Politik is one of Coldplay's best live tracks. It sounds better within a live performance, thats fact! :)

I love the piano bit he did at the end on the AROBTTH tour

I love the part at the end when he sang "Everytime I close my eyes, lies.. lies..." during the MuchMusic exclusive. It made the song so much more poignant

was that the one in australia?

I love the part at the end when he sang "Everytime I close my eyes, lies.. lies..." during the MuchMusic exclusive. It made the song so much more poignant

No, it was at the Toronto buzz gig.

I've onyl heard the version from the Live 2003 DVD, and based on that one, I feel the studio version is superior. It just doesn't feel so flawless and swelling on the DVD; it feels like it derails.

"A Rush of Blood to the Head", however, is vastly superior in concert. A dangerous, almost folksy vibe emanates from that one...

(That last sentence reads as though 'folksy' is a sinister or ominous word...)

No, it was at the Toronto buzz gig.

Yep, live at Much Music this year... The gig's posted on the "Coldplay Live In Canada Much Music Concert (video request)" thread. http://forum.coldplaying.com/viewtopic.php?t=19666&highlight=toronto+music

Victaniac (super her) kindly recorded and posted it... http://www.savefile.com/projects/891037 It's in the 1st file if I'm not mistaken. The whole thing's quite good actually :D

Politik in there was just amazing...