✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Promo Singles

y2k1996

And it was with all of them that they did this:

I got sent (finally) my Fix you single (FYI the cover will be green and will say FIX YOU in baudot code) And I was dissapointed once again that it was a 2track cd with Fix You, then the Edit.

The question is, why do they make an edited version? At the radio station I work with we always use the full song when we play coldplay, do other radio stations like them shorter for some reason?

:( I just don't get it (like a lot of stuff)

Yeah, my local station plays full songs, too(unless it's the Cure's "Pictures of You" or Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence", mind you; those are a bit much, even for a laid-back station), but many do not. It just works to their advantage to pare down the length and make it more concise -- more songs can be crammed into X amount of time. I'm curious as to how edited "Fix You" is, though; I'm sure they cut out some of the crescendo, but trimming any amount of the organ intro could only be a good thing...

I hate that too, I was listening to Cool FM (Something I haven't done in a while, because lately, they've been playing crap songs) and Coldplay came on, I forget what song it was, but I was singing, and it got to the part where there's no singing, but it was cut, and I got MAJORLY pissed off. :angry:

In France most of the radios cut the songs when they are too long. I hate that. It gives no meaning to the songs ! And they especially cut english songs because they think that most French people won't see the difference just because they don't understand the language. That's so stupid... and boring.

But on the radio I listen the most, when it is not cut, they play Speed Of Sound entirely. But for Clocks it wasn't the entire version. I don't know why.

y2k1996,

this isn't to do with the edited versions.. not sure what's up with that, because I think we get the full versions here in Canada..

but in your first post, you were listening to the third version of talk?

what's that about? I've heard the first leaked one and the one on the album.. is there another?

thanks