✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Coldplay say they could have their next album by New Year'?

mburn

I was watching CDUk this morning and the woman on it as in introduction for coldplay said 'and here's a band who think their new album could be ready as early as new year, here's coldplay with Fix You'

Has anybody else heard any other rumors/ confirmation on this? I cant quite believe they'd produce a new album that quickly unless its very kinda acousticy and raw- unlike X&Y.

Personally, i think what they mean is that they will release a live 2005 cd/dvd...there is no way coldplay will throw out another album with new material as soon as next year. Chris Martin said it himself after AROBTTH, he needed to take a year off to rest/and get the band out of the public eye so people wouldnt get sick of them.

Lets hope for another live album instead

Personally, i think what they mean is that they will release a live 2005 cd/dvd...there is no way coldplay will throw out another album with new material as soon as next year. Chris Martin said it himself after AROBTTH, he needed to take a year off to rest/and get the band out of the public eye so people wouldnt get sick of them.

Lets hope for another live album instead

Usually for very good musicians its not the writing that takes the time (coldplay probably have enough material lying around for at least two albums) its just the recording and producuing which takes ages which is why X&Y sounds so polished compared to parachutes