Thanks a ton guys!

http://www.wrax.com/misc13852.asp

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Faisel Durrani

Clear Channel Music Group

Michele Clarke

Brainerd Communicators, Inc.

Coldplay's Chris Martin Cleared by Doctors to Sing Saturday

Los Angeles - September 15, 2005 - Singer Chris Martin of Coldplay was cleared today to perform again beginning on Saturday, September 17th. Martin was felled by a virus yesterday that forced the cancellation of shows in Tampa, Florida and Birmingham, Alabama.

Coldplay will resume its sold-out U.S. tour in St. Louis on Saturday. After St. Louis, the group will perform in Nashville; Minneapolis; Kansas City, Missouri; Dallas; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Virginia Beach, Virginia and Bristow, Virginia.

Ticket holders for the Birmingham performance should return tickets to the point of purchase for a refund. Tickets purchased via internet and phone will be automatically refunded.

Source: Clear Channel Music Group

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course Martin gets cured for the big Miami show and is

again ready to sing for the St.Louis show...I know Tampa was a sold out show...they need to do the right thing and add these 2 shows on the end of the tour..if they don't then they move way down on my priority list..at least I get to see McCartney tomorrow night..to be honest to you..I am still pretty bitter about all of this

at what point did they do a show in Miami after Tampa???

They will be back guys... I know you are upset.. but in order for them to fullfill the rest of their tour commitment... they need to stay on schedule. You can see for yourselves that they do a show almost everynight. I think it stinks too.. but, just try and understand their positons....

I am sure they will return.

No...Martin himself was "cured" in Miami the night before the Tampa show bysome doctor..they wouldn't cancel a Miami show..so the next two got cut..I am not asking them to stop now and fit us in..but come back for two nights in the beginning of October before heading home..if they don't they won't return for three years..that is what sucks..when we too have been waiting a long time and TPA and Bham have to take one for the team..

If they do come back, just make sure we get tickets to Madison Square Garden so the band will make the show! ;)

The official site is just being a tease. Leading fans on making them think the date will actually be made up is worse than just telling us what we already know - there won't be a make-up date.

no way...they won't be back for a long time..it is just frustrating

tour dates are already being scheduled... they will be back in North America by February....

as for picking on NY'ers... thats just not fair. The official site hasn't been updated if at that. But keep in mind... its their management that makes these decisions, not the band. AND it wasn't that Chris was miraculously cured for Miami.... they hadn't cancelled/postponed a show until Tampa.. (after the Miami show) and he was already starting to feel the effects of the virus that night. His voice was coarse for that show.. anyone that went the gig can tell you that.

Sad to see how bitter fans can become when it comes to a band members health. Just be patient... I am sure they will rectify the matter.

I just think ticket holders for these two shows feel like they're being lead on ... Why would the venue say REFUNDS ARE COMING and the band say WE'RE TRYING TO RESCHEDULE?

I feel like we're just being played for fools. I'd rather the band say, "Sorry, we can't reschedule", rather than make us think shows in two mid-markets - Tampa and Birmingham - are going to actually be rescheduled.

And the official site seems a day late with news that folks have found out from other sources.

the admin of the site is in the UK.. the band in currently in the US.. perhaps there is a lapse in communication.....

give the guys a break, will ya.. I feel for you I really do.. but I honestly believe the dates will be rescheduled. The venue just wants to get their money back.

it is easy to say be patient when your show didn't get chopped..

i bought tickets back in June to see them in Sept. Feb. is a pretty long

time to wait..they just need to come out and say what they are doing..so we can get our money back...i understand about people getting sick..but they have plenty of days before they head home in Oct. to add two shows that are pretty close to each other

They have officially cancelled now according to the official site.

THANKS FOR F'ING OVER BIRMINGHAM GUYS! Good luck with the rest of the tour.

Here's what separates Coldplay from U2 and The Stones. Neither of those bands would've screwed fans over by not rescheduling.

Make trade fair my butt ... How about treating the fans fair first?!?

This is what I just received from the Ford Amptheather in Tampa about the latest...enjoy

Jay,

I sympathize with your frustration. This was an anticipated show by all. Unfortunately, I have no further information at this time other than they are working to reschedule.

As for our website, as soon as there is something to announce, I will make sure to have it posted immediately. What is on our website is what is on Coldplay's. They are asking to please hold onto your tickets. For further information I would suggest going to Coldplay's website and check out their Latest News section. Actually, Alabama is postponed as well, not cancelled. There also is an update from his Dr. on there as well.

Let's just all wish him a speedy recovery, so he can come back and give the quality performance you deserve to hear.

Traci

my god people, give the guys a break! i sympathize with all of you who hoped to go to tampa and birmingham, but you guys are being childish about this.

and sometimes, venues cannot accomodate another date so soon...i'm sure they will come back to those two cities next year. in 2001, when they cancelled a new york show, they did reschedule...so stay positive!

I was at the West Palm Beach (Miami) show on tuesday and yes his voice began to suffer towards the end of the concert a little bit. He explained to the crowd how he woke up with no voice that morning but was able to get better through the help of a doctor. It sucks that they cancelled your show, Id be pretty upset too if they cancelled mine. However...as stated previously and from what Ive read they are planning on coming in the spring of 06. Im sure theyll put on one hell of a show for those two cities due to what has happened.

Cheers!

This is what I just received from the Ford Amptheather in Tampa about the latest...enjoy

Jay,

I sympathize with your frustration. This was an anticipated show by all. Unfortunately, I have no further information at this time other than they are working to reschedule.

As for our website, as soon as there is something to announce, I will make sure to have it posted immediately. What is on our website is what is on Coldplay's. They are asking to please hold onto your tickets. For further information I would suggest going to Coldplay's website and check out their Latest News section. Actually, Alabama is postponed as well, not cancelled. There also is an update from his Dr. on there as well.

Let's just all wish him a speedy recovery, so he can come back and give the quality performance you deserve to hear.

Traci

see.. now what all the fuss about. Some die hard fans you are. According to this note.. it says the show has been postponed not cancelled. Yeah.. its kinda hard for me to really sympathasize with you mainly because you guys are being such *fill in the blank* about it.. If it were the NYC show this had happened to.. I would be bummed.. but I would understand. Its Chris' voice we're talking about here for chrissakes... if he fucks up his vocal cords... there's no more Coldplay people... can yiu at least sympathasize with that???

Telling them they should perform for 3 hours is a bit childish if you as me. You're lucky you get at least 2 solid hours of Coldplay let alone anything at all.. oh wait.. yeah.. you're shows have been postponed. :rolleyes:

Sorry for being a bit harsh.. but you two *DavidW and tampacoldplayer* are being very unreasonable and chilish.

As I said before... contact Coldplay's official site.. and as always, check http://www.coldplay.com for the latest...

edit: oh I just read Will's note.. how's this for childish.. :P I told you so!!

How about reading the post where it CONFIRMS cancellation of the B'ham show?

And Will can say what he wants, next Spring doesn't mean I can make it then. Will's post also said the Tampa show was CANCELLED and would come next Spring as well.

So much for the band giving a crap about the fans.

Screw 'em.

read the note again...

it clearly states both shows will be rescheduled.. and this board does care about the fans.. its a fansite.. so don't regard everything I say as 'official' but we do try to uphold its integrity. I won't allow you to dog the band out.. clearly when its something out of their control. Rant all you like... if you can't make it then, too bad. But don't go about slagging off the band and expect to get away with it.

So much for the 'true fans' :rolleyes:

How about reading the post where it CONFIRMS cancellation of the B'ham show?

And Will can say what he wants, next Spring doesn't mean I can make it then. Will's post also said the Tampa show was CANCELLED and would come next Spring as well.

So much for the band giving a crap about the fans.

Screw 'em.

Whoa. But obviously if the Tampa show will come next spring, then it's not cancelled is it? It's postponed. I wasn't going to any of those cancelled shows and I'm lucky they played in Miami, but you should try to understand the circumstances. Chris sounded great at the Miami show, I couldn't tell he was sick - but if he was singing while strained he should rest now, as the whole tour could end up in jeopardy. You're being selfish and unreasonable. If it were me, I could care a little more about the band's overall well-being, and not my postponed show. You can be completely crushed, I would be too - but that "screw 'em" type of attitude is very shocking considering this the seriousness of the matter.

Geezus.

Here's the prblem I have with it ...

If he was told not to sing or risk severe damage to his chords, 4 days rest ain't gonna cut it. They would be cancelling a couple of weeks worth of shows, not TWO. It sounds horrible to say, but I have serious doubts as to whether there's THAT much damage to Martin's vocal chords. If that were the case, they'd be taking a much longer break IMO.

Anyway, I'm sick of the whole thing and seriously wonder if I'll go if/when they do come back.

I'm still a fan of their music and there's no doubt the boys are very talented. But I'd be lying if I didn't say I think we are getting a screw job on this deal.

I'm done.

The rest of you enjoy talking about what a great show you saw / will see ... Us folks in Tamps and B'ham will continue to stew.

Thanks for listening.