✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay outright CANCELS Birmingham - No make up date

DavidW

FUCK YOU SOUP ... If Chris' voice were in danger, they'd lay off a hell of a lot more than TWO FUCKING SHOWS. If you believe their excuse, common sense must run low in the hills of Virginia.

Seems to me the boys wanted a break, screwed a couple of small venues (10,000+ seasts), and enjoyed a week off.

Voice damage my fucking ass ... Two nights off and he's miraculously cured? Hardly. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... HILLS OF VIRGINIA???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

dude.. i get your "fuck you soup" (means you're a bitch right? american one from the way you're typing.. cause if you're from england you really disappoint).

but hills of virginia?

hahahahahahahahhaha... yeah aiite. i'm sure some of virginia is quite hilly.. but northern virginia... HAHAHAHHA.. i live in the city.

..hills..hHAhahahahah...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to see they pulled thru at Tonight's show after resting thru Tampa and Birmingham.I wonder now if they will play a few more dates and then skip a couple of other venue's so Chris can rest. I wonder.... how can so many other Artist's and Bands get it done without cancelling out shows.Im not talking just U2,The Stones and other bands,but MANY other Artist's seem to get it together and get the job done.A Singer's voice should be the most precious thing to TAKE CARE OF,not forget about till it gets so shot. Whatever Miraculous thing that Doc gave him in West Palm,he shouldve taken extra for Tampa and Birmingham.Sorry,but I dont understand.Coldplay is getting a BAD reputation for cancelling shows,they have done it before,is doing it now and seemingly WILL keep doing it.My hopes were dashed that night and I honestly dont think I can ever be that excited on seeing them again after what happened.Does it make me not as "True" a fan? Maybe in your eyes.I am just so very dissappointed that even hearing their songs makes me so sad.And how should I feel when I come on here and see threads about the concert tonight and the one's in the future where people say WOW! Great show! Its like salt in this wound. 2 years of waiting to see them Live......I havent loved a band this much in years so yeah, I'm devastated.Call me crazy but I think Tampa and Birmingham should be added at the end of the American tour,or do whatever they have to to make it up to the fans SOMETHING better than "See ya next year!".Am I asking for too much?,not at all.These cities will end up being the forgotten ones and thats a damn shame.Before this when I mentioned going to this concert that never happened,most people said "Coldplay? Who's that?,never heard of them".I think soon enough I will be saying the same,that is after I sell my Coldplay Cd's and DVD's on Ebay for a Dollar.I'm done.

* Note from Me*

Dear Coldplay,I am so sorry your voice was tired out from playing so many venue's in America that you felt you needed a break at the expense of 20+ thousand fans.I'm very happy these few days of rest got you through tonight's show without a hitch.Perhaps you need a better Tour promoter or start taking better care of your instrument,maybe? I hope you lost a great deal of money from these missed venues,but you will make it up,I'm sure-unlike the rest of us.All we got to show for being your fans was a flyer handed to us by the workers blocking the entrance or an announcement on the radio,THANK YOU SO MUCH COLDPLAY.You skipping out on these 2 cities is and will be a major set back for you.Mark my words,I highly doubt the attendance will be as high next year or whenever you decide to come back.'See you in Spring 2006'? Nah,I think I will cancel out on that one.

Love, Ex Coldplay fan

You all are a bunch of whiney' date=' selfish, idiotic bastards.[/quote']

seriously. couldnt have said it better myself.

if this was the begining of the tour, maybe youd have an argument, but theyve been touring for over a month straight now, with stops all over the country. yes it does suck, but im sorry for you that chris isnt immune to diseases. there were plans of a spring 2006 US tour before these cancelled shows, so they will definitly be coming back to your area. relax.

^Thank you. :)

It's not like it'd be any fucking different with another band. If you get sick, you get sick.

YOU CAN'T BLAME COLDPLAY YOU FUCKING DUMBASSES.

"If Chris' voice were in danger, they'd lay off a hell of a lot more than TWO FUCKING SHOWS."

Oh, so now you're a doctor? How the hell would you know how much recovery time his specific illness needed? You don't even know what the fuck he had!

And Chris is a healthy guy... I wouldn't be surprised if his immune system could fight off an infection in a snap...

I hardly ever quote myself... but i think this bears repeating since no one bothers to READ these days... :rolleyes:

CHRIS HAD A RESPIRATORY INFECTION, NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS VOICE DIRECTLY... DUE TO THE VIRUS THAT INFECTED HIS BODY... IT HAD AFFECTED HIS VOCALS.. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRONCHITIS? OR A SEVERLY CONGESTED CHEST? DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS CONSTRICTS YOUR LUNGS.. NEEDED TO BREATHE, ERGO HIS SINGING??? IT WAS BEST SUGGESTED BY HIS PHYSICIANS NOT TO STRAIN HIS VOCALS BECAUSE HE COULD'VE DONE PERMANENT DAMAGE!!!!

I hardly ever quote myself... but i think this bears repeating since no one bothers to READ these days... :rolleyes:

CHRIS HAD A RESPIRATORY INFECTION, NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS VOICE DIRECTLY... DUE TO THE VIRUS THAT INFECTED HIS BODY... IT HAD AFFECTED HIS VOCALS.. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRONCHITIS? OR A SEVERLY CONGESTED CHEST? DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS CONSTRICTS YOUR LUNGS.. NEEDED TO BREATHE, ERGO HIS SINGING??? IT WAS BEST SUGGESTED BY HIS PHYSICIANS NOT TO STRAIN HIS VOCALS BECAUSE HE COULD'VE DONE PERMANENT DAMAGE!!!!

hahahah.. extra points for using "ergo". hahah.. haven't heard that since the matrix. i gotta start using it.

Ok, ok wait. Maybe I didn't fully articulate myself well enough. I should clarify.

Fuck. You.

Seriously, I'm so damn sick of people complaining about musical artists and things they do. Since when do they have little dog collars around their necks that millions of people can drag them around by? Would you like that? If I never saw Coldplay in concert I wouldn't hate them. I waited FOUR YEARS of pining after them. Do you think I hated them when X&Y kept getting pushed back? No.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

But hey, what Coldplay stuff are you selling, Keldog or whatever I don't feel like looking back at your username. Can I have it? :kiss: :dozey:

my goodness. i missed the Birmingham concert, and yeah i'm upset, but i'm not going to go sell my coldplay stuff on ebay!

i think it would be much better if you started getting excited about spring 2006 rather than spending all your time on this board bitching about it.

what do you think coldplay would think if they read this? yeah they probably wouldn't want to come back and play for people who are so ungrateful.

there is nothing you can do about it, so stop being so childish and get happy!

there are some people who have NEVER seen coldplay or will NEVER get to see them. at least they said they were coming back.

Guest LiquidSky

there are some people who have NEVER seen coldplay

Yeah.. I've never seen Coldplay.. Can you believe that?! :shocked: But anyways, I'm still here and I'm gonna go see them soon, who-hoo!! :guitarist:

Ummmm ... they probably WON'T come back. I wouldn't hold my breath

Well if they don't come back. You can always save a little money and go see them where they are going to be perfoming.. :idea2: :wink:

And to whoever was selling their stuff on Coldplay..give the link! I want to see what Coldplay stuff you are selling :thumbsup: :D

:P

Danielle is right(an_cat) ! i just got off the phone with ticketmaster and they said that tomorrow the new dates will be anounced, for BOTH shows.... gosh! for whoever is complaining here should just GROW up! okay, and that form a 17 year old girl... :angry:

i waited like a true fan, they did said that they were going to postpone the shows, seriously, some people here need to chill. okay, yes, we all made sacrifieces and spent lots of money in order to go, but they are coming back,

GEEZ! :stunned:

^yes...i think(note, i think) that your show will be somewhere at the end of this week...or... at mid october...all that this lady that i talked to said was that tomorrow the band will officially announce the make up dates...that's all. you should be able to get an automated message or perhaps an email.... :cool:

that's all i know so far... i'll keep you posted :D