✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay outright CANCELS Birmingham - No make up date

DavidW

:lol: :lol:

uh, he had a respiratory infection.. a VIRUS!!!! which usually incubates in your body for about 3-4 days.... so, I'd say he's given his voice as well as his LUNGS a much needed break as the doctor has specified. Apparently you aren't 'informed' as to how long it takes to rest one's vocal cords. (usually about 2 days of not speaking at ALL does the trick) In Chris' case.. he had an infection which affected his ability to sing. I am sure you have all had bronchitis or some sort of chest congestion to understand what it feels like to have to breathe, thus affecting his vocals. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey yall i'm new here.

i live in birmingham and i for sure know everything yall are going through.

yesterday i was so upset i vowed to boycott coldplay. (impossible i listened to them this morning) and i realized being bitter isn't the way to be.

this is probably one of the few times i've been majorly and emotionaly dissapointed in somthing, but i *really* think they're trying to work this out.

we got a phone call today from ticketmaster telling us to hang on to our tickets until further notice and that info is coming asap. i know i'm not giving up my tickets until i know everything.

So stay positive. It's only been two days, you never know what could happen within the next few weeks.

We do know what will happen though ...

Tampa and Birmingham are CANCELLED and will supposedly be rescheduled in Spring 2006. In the new few weeks, they will be in England and won't be thinking about coming to the states for months.

they are in fact returning to to England in December!! :rolleyes: As for them coming back to the states.. they are coming back in February... how many times do I have to say it!!! :confused:

Cancelled yes.. but they ARE rescheduling!!!!! :rolleyes: Did you read Will's note... and I thought you gave up on the band anyways.... :dozey: :rolleyes:

Jinkies.. support the band... and don't be so bitter.

Let's just all wish him a speedy recovery, so he can come back and give the quality performance you deserve to hear.

Exactly. Do you really want to see them and have Chris sounding like shit? Yeah, that would be stellar, wouldn't it?

I love all the positivity coming from folks who actually saw / will see the band! Easy to stay positive when you don't have to wait another 6-8 freakin' months.

I'm being positive. I didn't see them on this tour. I just have sympathy for someone when they're sick, but hey, that's just me. :rolleyes:

dont be so negative, DavidW, they will reschedule... i was bummed this whole week, i have even cried for hours... but on the sunny side, chris's voice was hurt. this might have jeopardized the whole tour and perhaps future albums. trust me i sing, i know about this, if you are sick, even with the slilghtest virus, if you sing and strain your voice, you can lose your voice for months... they will reschedule, please be undertstanding and hold on to your ticket. i know i have waited for years(since parachutes) to see them, but im sure it would be great when i finally see them, you should feel the same way too.

I <heart> Bea Arthur ... But I'm still disappointed.

DavidW, i'm glad your heart lies with Bea Arthur. She's silly good. But don't be disappointed, it's been rescheduled and you will get to see them eventually. The wait will be longer, but in the end it'll be worthwhile.

too irritated to look back and see who said that people were acting really really childish over these shows.. and yeah they were right. and whoever that was up there that mentioned U2.. good god.. so Bono wouldn't ever not do a show or two if an ENTIRE tour was in jeopardy? his voice even? Edge gets his fucking hand mangled and he just goes on like a good soldier right? oh kiss my ass.

and to those bringing up the fact that the rest of us have shows to look forward to while they don't.. oh fuck off. seriously. fuck off. you come on these boards as fans yet when things go downhill you jump ship? you think the ones that still have these shows to look forward to don't have a thing to worry about? what if chris' voice happens to just give out after this St.Louis show? what then? you think we'd rather have a half-assed show than a healthy and able Chris Martin(and Guy too since he wasn't feeling well either)?

the guy is sick. the rest of the band/crew are more than likely feeling a bit "low" as well. have any of you let down an entire city? how do you think they fucking feel about that? so in return some of you consider a "boycott".. punish the bastards?

no fuck you selfish assholes.

and i apologize about the language but seriously.. fuck you people that call yourselves fans yet can't seem to show some true compassion for a band(one man with a fantastic voice even) that puts forth the effort to create such monumental shows.

Chris, feel better, we'll "see you soon", and hopefully those that have stuck with Coldplay will really enjoy the new dates you'll be setting up for them.

amen brotha!! i joined this board because i love coldplay and i don't even have a show to look forward to (i live in the central part of NOWHERE :confused: ). i just hate to see people getting bashed over things they can't control. if i had plans to go to a concert and i was sick, i wouldn't go - works both ways. hell chris is a human, not a wind up toy :(

FUCK YOU SOUP ... If Chris' voice were in danger, they'd lay off a hell of a lot more than TWO FUCKING SHOWS. If you believe their excuse, common sense must run low in the hills of Virginia.

Seems to me the boys wanted a break, screwed a couple of small venues (10,000+ seasts), and enjoyed a week off.

Voice damage my fucking ass ... Two nights off and he's miraculously cured? Hardly. :rolleyes:

it really doesn't matter what "seems" to you, because you are just a bitter lonely cockbag. You must really be a huge supportive fan if you joined the board just bitch. YOU don't get any sympathy from me at all, mainly because of the temper tantrum you've thrown.

FUCK YOU SOUP ... If Chris' voice were in danger, they'd lay off a hell of a lot more than TWO FUCKING SHOWS. If you believe their excuse, common sense must run low in the hills of Virginia.

Seems to me the boys wanted a break, screwed a couple of small venues (10,000+ seasts), and enjoyed a week off.

Voice damage my fucking ass ... Two nights off and he's miraculously cured? Hardly. :rolleyes:

okay you are seriously getting very irritating.i've seen your posts on coldplay.com and then you come on here.we get it, you're angry at the band and you think they are lying about why they canceled two shows if you really think that then just quit listening to their music,you obviously aren't a real fan anyways.in case you haven't read..they are rescheduling BOTH the shows they canceled granted it won't be until next year but they are still rescheduling them,they obviously hated even canceling them but chris couldn't even sing.we get it that you're mad because you post about it constantly,but you aren't the only fan disapointed by the canceled shows although you seem to think you are.

it really doesn't matter what "seems" to you' date=' because you are just a bitter lonely cockbag. You must really be a huge supportive fan if you joined the board just bitch. YOU don't get any sympathy from me at all, mainly because of the temper tantrum you've thrown.[/quote']

:cry: :cry: :cry:

No sympathy from you?

OH NO! Becasue that's exactly what I wanted!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

you must be like 5 yrs old right?? Because you obviously don't know how to read properly.

CHRIS HAD A RESPIRATORY INFECTION, NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS VOICE DIRECTLY... DUE TO THE VIRUS THAT INFECTED HIS BODY... IT HAD AFFECTED HIS VOCALS.. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRONCHITIS? OR A SEVERLY CONGESTED CHEST? DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS CONSTRICTS YOUR LUNGS.. NEEDED TO BREATHE, ERGO HIS SINGING??? IT WAS BEST SUGGESTED BY HIS PHYSICIANS NOT TO STRAIN HIS VOCALS BECAUSE HE COULD'VE DONE PERMANENT DAMAGE!!!!

:rolleyes: plonker..