✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I need support, need to lose 10 pounds (...to start)!

Bere

Alright, so maybe this is reeeeeeally pathetic, but the thing is: I bought some AMAZING trousers today, but they don't quite fit...So I need to lose weight, like 10 pounds at least, in a month or so.

This kind of bugs me, 'cause I've had weight problems since I was about 10 (I am 25 now...Some ppl say I don't look that bad, or they even go as far as to say I'm pretty, but you know how self conscious a woman can be...), so it's not an easy thing to do, I feel like I'm 'putting myself out there', see...I know that most ppl here just chill out, and talk about Coldplay, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but who better to turn to for support than to my fellow Coldplay fans?

If any of you would like to share stories about weight issues, or just cheer me up...That would help...Also to constantly bug me about how much weight I have lost would work, 'cause I'm soooo bloody lazy and am such a wimp when it comes to dieting and working out...

Cheers, B.

Hi Bere!

I think that losing weight is seriously one of the hardest things to do. One of my good friends from school lost 65 pounds last year and she had to kick her butt to do it. It's not only motivating to move and eat better, but it's motivation to completely alter the way you live your life and for anyone that can be really tough. Just remember to stay focused and to remember why you're doing this. It shouldn't be for anyone else, but yourself. Once you realize that, it'll be easier to stick with it.

Good luck! You'll do fine!

I am right there with you in the struggle... *hugs*

I am trying to lose weight by christmas.. :embarrased: 30lbs... so we'll see. I think Laura has given great advice.... determination and keeping in focus your goal usually helps alot. I have lost about 25 lbs so far... and thankfully I haven't gained any of that weight back.. even though I haven't been as strict on what I eat... but I do try to get in the exercise..... thats key.

good luck.. and stay focused! ;)

THANK YOU ALL for your support. You've given me much needed pep talk...I hope I can make it this time. Laura, berrywoman - SO grateful for your encouraging stories.

I'll keep ya' posted on this, I promise!

B.

there is a advert here that talks about eating 3 servings of dairy (small glass of milk, small container of yogurt, etc.) helps your body's metabolism, thus burning fat. i tried this for the past month and lost the 10 pounds i wanted to, without changing a thing. give it a try :D .

i'll give you my advice on how you can eat normally and eat whatever you want and still stay in shape--or even lose weight

Throw up after you eat anything-------trust me, it really works :smug:

just kidding :P (i'm still working on losing the extra 10 pounds) I'll struggle with you

hey there just wanted to say good luck. :)

everyone thus far has given you great advice, it also good to have someone else who wants to lose weight and that way you can support each other.

M y whole family decided to change our lifestyle, we eat healthier and are more active. I would fall apart if i was eating healthy while someone was muncing down on pizza right in front of me :bigcry:

all the best

like kekita said, it's good to know someone who wants to lose some weight...that's the best support system.

also, clean out your refrigerator---throw out all microwavable foods, frozen vegetables, canned fruits, any food high in saturated fats, cholesterol, etc. buy fresh fruits and vegetables instead, eat lots of lean meats.

Eat small portions 6 times a day (no three big meals). Start off your exercise by stretching and powerwalking for 30 minutes every day and build up from there when you have more energy. Yoga also helps with your breathing and endurance.

all the best bere!

Drink loads of water. It flushes out your system, gets rid of toxins, helps your skin look better. And if you're suffering from water retention, it helps to clear that too, as your body stores water when it doesn't think its getting enough. Plus, sometimes when you're hungry, you're actually thirsty so having a glass of water first helps.

also, clean out your refrigerator---throw out all microwavable foods, frozen vegetables, canned fruits, any food high in saturated fats, cholesterol, etc. buy fresh fruits and vegetables instead, eat lots of lean meats.

actually frozen vegetables aren't that bad. Just as long as you consume veggies, you're good to go. And you're right about canned fruit, that stuff is loaded with excess sugar.

Plus, sometimes when you're hungry, you're actually thirsty so having a glass of water first helps.

I've read that if you drink a glass of water before you eat, it'll prevent you from overeating b/c you'll feel satisfied quicker.

Oh, and remember to eat slowly and not scarf down your food. Your body needs time to adjust to the food being taken in and if you scarf it down too fast, you'll be overly full.

Eat small portions 6 times a day (no three big meals).

This is also true. It helps with metabolism.

Guest LiquidSky

In the mornings I usually drink milk. By the afternoon I eat a normal meal and by night I drink another glass of milk, that really keeps me from gaining weight and also exercise. You don't need to exercise like crazy, just walk or run for an hour or 30 minutes everyday. Good luck with it! :thumbsup:

Guest LiquidSky

Exactly.. and it's good for her too, you know.. 'cause she is just starting so doing a big big change she won't probably stick with it..but if you are doing bits and bits, you'll probably lose the weight slower but you'll stick with it :wink:

Bere i am right there with you! I have always been struggling with my weight. I have always been really athletic but i have a super slow metabolism. I have never been good at the whole losing weight thing. i loose it and then it comes right back plus i have to starve myself almost and work out like mad. Its really annoying to say the least.

Oh guys, you are SO supportive. You've been giving me all these amazing tips, thanks SO much to ALL of you! It's easier this way, you know, with people motivating you and believing in you...

I've taken note of what you've said...I plan to start officially next monday. This week was just bad timing because my mother got really sick, and I have a problem with emotional eating you know...Besides there was really no time to worry about my diet when my mum felt so bad.

So, sunday I'm going shopping for food...I'll do it according to your advice! I am actuallly really excited.

I'll keep you posted :)

B.

damn weight. yeah i'm also trying to lose weight, especially because my cousin's bat mitzvah is coming up in a month, and me and my twin sister are hosting it :stunned:

but i can't make a lot of my own meals. its just whatever's in the house, or what my mom makes. i'm pretty athletic when i want to be. since there's not much to do, i'm going to go to boys volleyball practices..and maybe do some running a few times a week.

i'm going to cut back on sweets.thats my weekness :lol:

damn weight. yeah i'm also trying to lose weight' date=' especially because my cousin's bat mitzvah is coming up in a month[/quote']

A "bat" mitzvah?? Is that some kind of vampire ceremony?? :P

haha no! it's a jewish thing. have you ever heard of a bar mitzvah? that's for boys, and a bat mitzvah is the female version of it. they celebrate a boy or girl becoming a man or a woman in the jewish religion.

hah.vampire ceremony. :P