✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Hardest Part

Ivanneth

Well....this may be a little bit old....or not.

But I was reading this article from the coldplay.com site - the Sun article where the band is talking about the X&Y tracks and their views on the songs. And they were talking about the song "The hardest part" and they said:

"Chris: The most pop and the most un-forward thinking song we've ever done. I'm sure we'll take a lot of flak for that song.

Guy: For some reason it didn't quite fit with the rest of the songs, just from a stylistic point of view.

SFTW: Sorry, this is the only track to really disappoint."

:(

I really like The Hardest Part! I don't really think that it's all that disappointing!

Anyone else disagree with this?

I only skip talk.

Thats because it pisses me off that they didnt use the other one. :sneaky:

Likewise, but the new Talk has grown on me ever since I saw them play it live.

As for The Hardest Part, I liked it at first, but recently, I've noticed that it just doesn't stack up against the others... :\

its truly disappointing to see that the band doesnt like one of my fav songs(perhaps my favorite). i know that i doenst fit with the theme with the album as well as the sound, but that doesnt necesarily mean is a bad song. i have to admitt, it wasnt my favorite since the begining but i have gotten the habit of listening to it, and know it has turned into an old time favorite. i think the main reason why people as well as the band say is bad, is simply because it is in the middle of songs that are very unlikely(low and Swallowed in the sea) if this song would have been part of another album im sure that it would have been a song that would have pleased everyone.

the song instead of being bad, is truly refreshing, sort of a break of the "x&y" sound of the album....its a like a little gift.... :D

but a whisper had the emotion of AROBTTH...though i kinda hated it at the begining, 2 years later i became a total fan of that song.

And The hardest part is one of my faves since i listened to the album for the first time :dozey: And i do think it kins of fits after all...the album is about opposites, right? they also said that on another interview.......whatever, if they put it on their album there is no chance that they dont like it!!! c'mon! :cool:

but a whisper had the emotion of AROBTTH...though i kinda hated it at the begining, 2 years later i became a total fan of that song.

And The hardest part is one of my faves since i listened to the album for the first time :dozey: And i do think it kins of fits after all...the album is about opposites, right? they also said that on another interview.......whatever, if they put it on their album there is no chance that they dont like it!!! c'mon! :cool:

I felt the exact same way about A Whisper, though the reason I like it now is that it reminds me of the place I was when I first heard it.

ie, one of my favorite places in the world, New Hampshire! ^_^