✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the bestchrismandyalyssa thread

Christiana

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is odd that i like coldplay so much, but something about them is retro to me - reminds me a lot of the pink floyd vibe. i like classic rock and heavier music. favorites of all time are led zep, the doors, floyd, aerosmith, metallica, g n' r, hendrix, etc. i listen to a lot of new stuff, but i just don't like it as much :/

it is odd that i like coldplay so much' date=' but something about them is retro to me - reminds me a lot of the pink floyd vibe. i like classic rock and heavier music. favorites of all time are led zep, the doors, floyd, aerosmith, metallica, g n' r, hendrix, etc. i listen to a lot of new stuff, but i just don't like it as much :/[/quote']

coldplay is an amazing band. they are a musical band that recognizes a song as music rather than their own selfish ambition. Pink Floyd is very much like that. They didn't want to fit into any pop-bubble (nice use of an oxymoron) so that they could become famous, they just wanted to make real music. That's what I consider radiohead to be. They don't care what other bands are doing, they're making music and chasing art rather than chasing fame.

I love a lot of those bands you like. The problem with the new stuff is that everyone wants to fit their music on the radio which in general is playing crap.

^^Same here!

Well, I don't like the same bands as you, but the other music I listen to is completely different from Coldplay, heh.

^*opens up limewire* ;)

a lot of people like paranoid android... As for the user-friendly songs I personally like black star... a lot...

you summed up my theory on modern music very well eric... i just can't stand so much of it and go running back to my led box set. i always get concerned when i hear all this crap about coldplay (particularly chris...) wanting to go in some wacky direction with some highly commercial production. :rolleyes:

it is odd that i like coldplay so much' date=' but something about them is retro to me - reminds me a lot of the pink floyd vibe. i like classic rock and heavier music. favorites of all time are led zep, the doors, floyd, aerosmith, metallica, g n' r, hendrix, etc. i listen to a lot of new stuff, but i just don't like it as much :/[/quote']

coldplay is an amazing band. they are a musical band that recognizes a song as music rather than their own selfish ambition. Pink Floyd is very much like that. They didn't want to fit into any pop-bubble (nice use of an oxymoron) so that they could become famous, they just wanted to make real music. That's what I consider radiohead to be. They don't care what other bands are doing, they're making music and chasing art rather than chasing fame.

I love a lot of those bands you like. The problem with the new stuff is that everyone wants to fit their music on the radio which in general is playing crap.

I completely agree with you. :D

and the radio is poison... except when they play Coldplay and System of a Down. :)

(particularly chris...) wanting to go in some wacky direction with some highly commercial production. :rolleyes:

hmm, I kind of heard the opposite that they sort of wanted to be like radiohead for X&Y then they had to change their minds because they realized that they are Coldplay, not Radiohead. They made an album that is clearly a Coldplay album and did an awesome job. This year X&Y was the one CD that really reached up to my expectations. I was pretty dissapointed when the DMB pretty much did the opposite.

well the latest is that chris became infatuated with timbaland and wanted to explore a heavier direction and new production on the next one. who knows? he seems to have periodic identity crises about wanting everyone to love them vs. doing what they do so well.