✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the bestchrismandyalyssa thread

Christiana

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sam, i can take time off from work pretty much when i want... i am a nurse, but i don't work as a nurse. i run a clinical drug trial (collect data) - which i can do from away most of the time... i guess i just am looking for reasons not to have be separated from him :embarrased:

Christi, one reason I keep saying you should let him go is because no joke that has been my dream to have a kid like that or to be that kid. Obviously it's too late for me to be like that, but I'd like to learn to play an instrument :/ If he has a passion for it then he needs to chase that passion.

Overall when you're considering you should know it's possible it could mess up his life but it seems far more likely that it will have a huge positive effect. For example I can think of another musician who used to have talent at a pretty young age who you might know. The drummer for the Dave Matthews Band (Carter Beauford) is an AMAZING drummer. His dad used to take him to see another great drummer whose name I can't recall when he was young. Sorry for the vague reference.

that's ok. i guess i am just coming at this from a very maternal perspective (naturally). i am so close to my family and especially my mom. i can't imagine not having her constantly when i was little. i just come from a very close, very huggy family, so it makes this concept seem very foreign to me. and i do expose him to so many things - we have travelled all over, visiting museums, i play all kinds of music for him, we have tons of books and read everyday... so i feel like i am doing a good job. but i am not musical, at all. so i have to depend on others to help develop that talent even more. it is a strange thing to see a kid this little do something so amazing. i got a piano because i had a huge living room that needed furniture - who knew? :lol:

i know - i am going to get myself together and probably talk to him about it on friday. i think i will just try to take cues from him on what i should do next. it is a fine line between doing what is best for your child and messing them up for life. not easy.

if hes as smart as you say he is he'll figure it out for you lol

i know - i am going to get myself together and probably talk to him about it on friday. i think i will just try to take cues from him on what i should do next. it is a fine line between doing what is best for your child and messing them up for life. not easy.

if hes as smart as you say he is he'll figure it out for you lol

:lol: good point. She'll probably ask him and be like, "why didn't I think of that?"

whoa! that kinda scared me there... seeing my name on a thread and all... lol. kewl beans! :D

Anyways--how cool! You have a musical genius of a child! :)

...but I don't really have any advice. :( that's a bit of a dilema you've got there...

I think that it a fantastic oppurtunity, If my parents wanted to put me in a school like that, I would want them too.

I understand that it would be hard to seperate your self from him, but in the future, I think that it would work out.

It would look sooooo good on college applications when the time comes, he would be extremely talented, and maybe even be the next Chris Martin. :D

But then there are alot of negative points, but you should do what you think is best for your son. :)

Ack. My internet keeps cutting out.

Maybe it's because of the fires around here? 0_o

but uhm, yeah... lol...

anyways, I guess it depends if your kid reallly has a passion for it. I really *hated* my piano lessons, and I only had one half-hour lesson a week. It's not that I was really bad or anything, I just didn't care about it, and my teacher made me cry a lot. :/

but if you put me in an art class (I really want to take one...), I'm sure I'd love it! I spend hours and hours just drawing stuff... I've been trying to teach myself, but that really doesn't work out well. I've always loved art class in elementry--I couldn't wait for it. :D

I'm not sure how you can tell if he really loves it though--does he jump up and down every time he sees a piano? lol

And he could be good with other instruments to! Have you ever let him hold a junior guitar or violin, or set him in front of a drumset? :D

But either way; passionate or not, I think I'd still wouldn't want to miss out on such a great opportunity. I might be sitting in one of those long music lessons and hate my parents for sticking me here, but then again I might look back on it and be extremely thankful for not missing out on that opportunity... I kinda look back on piano and regret quitting. :(