✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

1. Lay Me Down (5:06)
  2. What Happens When The Heart Just Stops (5:12)
  3. Rent Day Blues (7:27)
  4. Fitzcarraldo (9:40)
  5. Giving Me Wings (3:23)
  6. Ohio Riverboat Song (6:06)
  7. Santa Maria (8:55)
  8. Mighty Sword (5:43)
  9. Red Chord (9:34)
  10. New Partner (5:33)

Bonus tracks:

11. Look Back Now (4:15)12. Star, Star (4:09)

It's a much smaller crowd than Set List, more intimate performance. But it's got more rare tracks than Set List (Mighty Sword, Giving Me Wings), Ohio Riverboat Song is a hidden gem, and this contains the best-ever live performance of Fitzcarraldo. It makes the Set List version seem just dumb. Same with Red Chord (Glen does this whole "brave on" part, you have to hear it). And the two studio bonus tracks are just great, Marketa and her sister sang on the Star Star re-recording.

Go buy/find it now!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't find it in town. It was briefly released in Ireland and the Czech Republic, you'd have to special order it from Europe even if you could find it. Just take a torrent like I did.

Yeah and it's the best live Red Chord I've heard them do...well...I don't know..they did some really great cuts at Witness...it's debatable..

The Cost tour? Or the Burn The Maps one?

The Cost tour was pretty good, but in all honesty I think it was a bit forced and uninspired by that point. The Frames were kind of fading imo, not like they were live in the early 2000's.

I strongly believe that being away from the rock show for a few years and in The Swell Season has helped Glen find a new appreciation for his band, and that had Marketa never come along, The Frames might not have lasted much longer.

Many people consider Mar to be the Yoko of The Frames, but in reality I think she provided Glen with an outlet he needed, and now he can be ready to return to the rock band setting. I believe she saved the band in the long run.

It'd be pretty awesome. Course...most people hate the opening acts. I mean, they are just the ones that make you wait another 40 minutes the see the band when you've already been in your seat for 2 hours and you just want the show to start but no you gotta have some other music you've never heard of forced down your throat while you wait anxiously to see the band or artist you've been dying to see for so long.

:blank:

haha. I love support acts.

When I saw Them Crooked Vultures, to be honest, I was more impressed with the support act than TCV...

They were just 2 people, and they sounded huge in that arena...

I'm a big fan of support acts though, they set the mood for the night. They have to be good though....

Well I got turned off by the horrid wretched bitch whore lady who opened for Coldplay when I saw them. she was rapping and hip hopping and blowing chunks of crap into the mic for like 7 songs...I wanted to shoot her then myself.

the guy before the swellies was really good...soft piano..he did a medley cover of the footloose soundtrack....and he drank wine at mar's piana :mellow:

No one opened for them, it was a part of the arts festival...I don't think any of the artists had support acts

oh lucky

Who're the biggest (most famous) support act you've seen?

Umm, ME. when I opened for this local band. seriously I think more people have heard of me than the slut before Coldplay or the drunken footloose guy before swellies.