✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was actually outside a small cafe where they played the first show to kick off the Breadcrumb Trail Tour. Right after the releae of For The Birds they played this small place because they loved the atmosphere. When there was some technical difficulties Glen took to the streets and busked to keep the folks interested until they resolved the problem. What a class act.

Haha.

Oh, that song is stuck in my head, so weird that you mentioned it. I'm learning it on guitar.

Ah, wouldnt that be amazing? If you do play with him some day, dont forget me, I'll be at that show :P! You should busk sometime before their shows, sometimes he notice people and let them play at the gig!

Yeah, you should, one lucky day they'll see you :nice:! One day we can busk Frames songs together, and we'll both play with them! (ok, dreaming a little too much now.)

Hahaha, those cartoons :P!

Btw, a few days ago I found out the they had a concert in Norway in 2008, a year before I knew about them, that really pissed me off :(.

Hey it could happen. :awesome:

That kinda sucks. It's how I feel about all The Frames gigs I've missed over the years. :sad:

Oh well, we know about them now.

I was just thinking, the next Swell Season concert I can go to I'll wear the mask from the Breadcrumb Trail Tour

fr_frameswitnnessmask1.jpg

since no one else at the SS gigs wears those. Bet that'll catch Glen's attention.

So for a while I was trying to figure out what key harmonica Glen plays this intro in:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKF_wGmuoSY]YouTube- the frames live at witness 2001 2/8 - rent day blues[/ame]

And since I'm such a newb I wasn't able to figure it out. Until last night when I thought "wait a minute...what if my PC went faster?"...no lol I thought, "isn't this song in G? which would mean I would use the C to play cross-harp blues?" and sure enough my C harp was the one...am trying to learn this now but Glen's all over the place and it's tough for such a newb, plus I think he does a couple bends which I still suck at. the point is, Glen is great at harmonica too...and I need lots more practice.