✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Geldof wins Nobel Prize!!

Nettie

Bob Geldof has been named the 2005 Nobel Man Of Peace, after years of pioneering work for the world's underprivileged.

The announcement of the honour was made at last night's DVD launch party for Live 8, which was organised by Geldof this summer, 25 years after he instigated Live Aid.

Geldof saus he is "overwhelmed" by the prize, which will be presented by the former leader of the Soviet Union, Mikael Gorbachev in Rome next month.

A statement said Geldof had been chosen "for his unflagging work and powerful voice on behalf of the poor of Africa over the last 20 years and in particular the last 12 months."

"He has harnessed world opinion to make political leaders act immediately, improving the lives of millions."

Geldof himself commented: "I am overwhelmed and deeply proud to receive this award from such an esteemed and exceptional collection of individuals."

"It reaffirms the progress made by Live 8 and the Make Poverty History campaign and underlines the unwavering support for its aims internationally."

The Live 8 DVD, featuring performances from the likes of U2, Robbie Williams, Sir Paul McCartney and Coldplay, is released on November 7.

CONGRATULATIONS BOB!!

*starts a petition* Actually, there probably already is one. That I've probably already signed. :lol: :lol:

If he got the Nobel Peace Prize I would have just shit my pants.

Someday, the rock stars will inherit the earth!

Hey, and maybe Chris could get a similiar nod someday soon! With all his good work for MTF, etc. :kiss:

that would be the coolest!!!!

a psychic moment brought you by coca cola:

bono, a nobel prize winner!! yay!!!

as for next year chris is the nominee...and he will win!!

:lol: :lol:

:stunned: what if it happens?

I would be very, VERY happy. :heart:

And I really bet someday it will. Or it should. *crosses fingers!*

Hey, if Bob Geldof can, Bono and Chris can. I mean, Bono put together Live 8 this year WITH him, he even CONVINCED Bob himself to do it, since he didn't want to initially.

Oh well. Soon. Sooooon...

:o :lol:

Bob Geldof has been named the 2005 Nobel Man Of Peace, after years of pioneering work for the world's underprivileged.

The announcement of the honour was made at last night's DVD launch party for Live 8, which was organised by Geldof this summer, 25 years after he instigated Live Aid.

Geldof saus he is "overwhelmed" by the prize, which will be presented by the former leader of the Soviet Union, Mikael Gorbachev in Rome next month.

A statement said Geldof had been chosen "for his unflagging work and powerful voice on behalf of the poor of Africa over the last 20 years and in particular the last 12 months."

"He has harnessed world opinion to make political leaders act immediately, improving the lives of millions."

Geldof himself commented: "I am overwhelmed and deeply proud to receive this award from such an esteemed and exceptional collection of individuals."

"It reaffirms the progress made by Live 8 and the Make Poverty History campaign and underlines the unwavering support for its aims internationally."

The Live 8 DVD, featuring performances from the likes of U2, Robbie Williams, Sir Paul McCartney and Coldplay, is released on November 7.

CONGRATULATIONS BOB!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In fact.I didn't know where you listen or see that

Bob Geldof didn't get Noble Peace Prize 2005

But Mohammed El-Brady and IAEA won it indeed

I'm sure sir Bob Geldof will won this prize sooner or later

Because he is unique man :smug:

Yeah, hang on a second. I just realised how this was worded. Bob Geldof in no way got THE Nobel Peace Prize. I thought that this was talking about him getting a facet of that prize, like a minor honor? Huh. But I haven't heard anything since so maybe not. Go figure. :huh:

Bono still should have got it. :smug: :rolleyes:

:P