✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Corum

My Fav childhood books, and i still LOVE them :D i watched old BBC series and though i liked it i admit a more funky version needs to be made...i just hope they maintain the spirit of the book (Disney production :confused: ) at least a NZ guy is directing.

i wonder if most people know, all the books were christian books.

they have christian issues within them but reading them as a kid that's not what i was thinking and i'm sure i wouldn't really care cause its a good story...i mean the bible is a good read too in terms of the story telling.

its funny though i haven't heard any opposition to this book like for the Harry Potter books :rolleyes: just because they have a god like figure in Aslan :rolleyes:

i wonder if most people know, all the books were christian books.

they have christian issues within them but reading them as a kid that's not what i was thinking and i'm sure i wouldn't really care cause its a good story...i mean the bible is a good read too in terms of the story telling.

its funny though i haven't heard any opposition to this book like for the Harry Potter books :rolleyes: just because they have a god like figure in Aslan :rolleyes:

yeah, when i was a kid it was a good story. but now im older i can see the christain message in it. the reason theres no opposition because its a christian book, thats why, it was written by a christian and has a strong christian message, so up tight christian parents wont have anything to complain about.

Sorry, mc_squared, but my screen is set to the dark background for the forum - I don't like the white one. That is why I write in green sometimes - looks nice on darker colours.

Also, these are not christian books. Yes they were written by a christian following gentleman and have a christian theme littered throughout them but it is not a true christian book.

C.S. Lewis did write Christian books - real religious books - and I have some of them, and he also wrote poetry and has some books of letters and wrote a trilogy of science fiction novels.

The 7 book Narnia series are for children - or the child in all of us. I still read them to this day and I am 28 years old. These books never get old or boring and are far better than any shitty Harry Potter book could ever be.

Look at what Mr. Lewis accomplished in a mere 200 pages or less per book - something JK Rowling could never do in her 5000 page dictionary's.

This is how to do it right. PERIOD.

My two cents anyway.

Still can't wait for the movie - so gonna kick Harry's ass I hope. Sure hope it does well so we can see the other six films. Am also glad they did not go with Nicole Kidman as the Queen. I don't like her either.

PS this is my away from home sig. :D