✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Any Bell X1 fans in here?

Lamposts

Any fans here? Check them out at:

www.myspace.com/bellx1

Bell X1 arose from the remains of a band called Juniper. The latter formed in Kildare, Ireland, in 1994 as a quintet and evolved into the four-man Bell X1 in 1999. Members are lead vocalist Paul Noonan, keyboardist Brian Crosby, guitarist and vocalist Dave Geraghty, and bassist Dominic Philips. In 1997 Polygram inked a contract with Juniper, and within a year the band drew some attention with the singles "The World Is Dead" and "Weathermen."

The band was scheduled to work on a full-length follow-up early in 1999 under the guidance of producer Mike Hedges, who had worked with Manic Street Preachers. Seagram International's acquisition of Polygram and the subsequent creation of The Universal Music Group, however, created upheaval and havoc for the group.

When Juniper lead vocalist Damien Rice, aka Dodi Ma, left the group because of recording delays, it reformed in 1999 as Bell X1 and put out Neither Am I, its first album. Singles from the debut include "Man on Mir" and "Pinball Machine." Recorded in Wales with follow-up mixing performed in London, the debut features Nick Seymour, ex-Crowded House bassist, as producer and as a contributing musician.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I absolutely love them!!! I just got flock and I love it so much, although I still think music in mouth is their best album :)

I really like flame, it's totally not their sound but it works :lol:

Hey marko1892 get Flock when its out early next year!, it's easily the best album I've heard in the last two years! I'll upload Flame which is der next single roysh! They are doing a kinda small tour at the moment, they will be releasing flock next january followed by a huge tour! Bell X1 make a brief tour to the UK:

Sat 10 Dec, Glasgow - King Tuts

Mon 12 Dec, Manchester - Night & Day

Tue 13 Dec, London - Cargo

Wed 14 Dec, Birmingham - Academy3

This is called flame from the new album Flock!

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MRK3RBTAARIR3S1AUYPDS929U

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Flame is one of the best tunes I've heard in ages. Tipped off to it by Fanning's Fab fifty. I'll be shot for this but I'm not to keen on Eve... Sounds like Radiohead singing You'll Learb by Longface Morrissette. The rest of that album is superb though.

Flock not out until March though which is an arse. Somehow the brother got a copy in Ireland and he swears by it. He's off to see them at the RDS, having not bothered to go early to their Groove Armada support slot. Hoping to see them in Glasgow.

What was the first album called?

Have looked it up... Turns out that Flock is officially released back on the ould sod too, so I've bought them both. They have great reviews. Has anyone got the promo remixes of Flame? Not buying them, don't have a record player...

Who is Tubridy?!! He looks mad!

• 4 weeks later...