✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

War: The uselessness of anti-war protests

Reilly

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i actually didn't mean the situation but how ppl think about it..but tnx anyways.

if i'd cry about world's situation..well i'm very pessimistic about it. so as you said: it's just the reality.

oh, and I AM very thankful about being able to live a peaceful life without any serious probs..

..Reilly, if it were your life at stake, your country being bombed, would you still be asking me to think bluntly and harshly about your life? :?

i can see that the war will in the long-term help the iraqi people and i do genuinely believe that bush has good intentions but this long term good doesnt justify the loss of life, homes destroyed, families ripped apart.. murder is murder, whether i do it, you do it, the iraqi goverment or the american gov do it, it all boils down to the same.

..Reilly, if it were your life at stake, your country being bombed, would you still be asking me to think bluntly and harshly about your life? :?

i can see that the war will in the long-term help the iraqi people and i do genuinely believe that bush has good intentions but this long term good doesnt justify the loss of life, homes destroyed, families ripped apart.. murder is murder, whether i do it, you do it, the iraqi goverment or the american gov do it, it all boils down to the same.

let me quote reilly here:

"God, its hard but you have to think very harshly and bluntly about this (And its hard because its about peoples lives). I know that many lives have been lost, and it isnt right, but can the lives that have been lost in the past few months truly be weighed up with the amount of lives that have been lost in Saddam's decade+ reign of madness? And how many would be lost if he continued to run his country the way he has?"

and let me quote myself:

"if saddam`s regim hadn`t been abolished there would still be ppl dying cuz of him. at this very moment ppl would be dying. and since the war started till this very moment he`d have killed (not by himself of course) way more ppl than died in the war. "

Riely i think they should give you a prize for being the most gullable person EVER. if you think for one moment that that 'war' went well you must have something wrong with you. America are the kind of government that shoot first and ask questions later. And you seem to think they went in there and the iraqy people boww down at their feet, this is not true. If you saw the famous statue come down (which may i felt pleases about) then did you surly not see the looting- it appears u didnt, nor did you see the protest AGAINST yank land to get the hell out their country. of course you didnt, or did you just 'forget' to mention it

God, I love you. You said exactly what I've wanted to say. I have participated in anti-war protests...I took a bus from St. Paul, Minnesota to Washington D.C to protest for 8 hours and march in the cold. We spent about 20 hours on that bus, but it was so worth it. It was amazing. And I have done a lot here where I live, St. Paul...and I know it hasn't made much of a difference, but its getting together with people who agree with you and standing up for what you believe in. Theres nothing wrong with that. And as God said, it all comes down to killing, its not all children either. This subject makes me really angry. Peace.

OK lemme get it all together...

Sunset Scientist: Nice, I wouldnt mind being a history teacher if I was highly, highly ridiculously paid (Which wouldnt happen, so I'll hold out for the clown job instead).

La Maga: I understand where you're coming from and in no way do I totally agree with everything Bush/America does, Democracy does not give them the right to march into countries that are economically suceeding and change everything. But, Iraq were not doing well economically and something had to be done, by somebody, nomatter what the intentions, for Bush to keep himself powerful, to make America look good, whatever, it still equals a much better governing than whats been going on before. It was like fucking Nazi Germany, actually it WAS Nazi Germany, some people fail to see that.

Athy: I hated talking about people's lives as if they were mere peanuts, but sometimes it needs to be viewed like this, to see what is better for people. And whats better, a continuous run of deaths or a larger number of deaths and THEN a better country?

God: "Reilly, if it were your life at stake, your country being bombed, would you still be asking me to think bluntly and harshly about your life?"

To be honest, Id sure as hell like to take the chance of war on my country to remove the dictating bastard from power and actually give us all a chance of living a better quality of life. Im sure if I lived in Iraq Id know many people with many stories of how they've been jipped by the government.

"i can see that the war will in the long-term help the iraqi people and i do genuinely believe that bush has good intentions but this long term good doesnt justify the loss of life, homes destroyed, families ripped apart.. murder is murder, whether i do it, you do it, the iraqi goverment or the american gov do it, it all boils down to the same."

Dont see why Im replying because you've already said that, but a more interesting point... Technically, you still want Saddam Hussein, a man who kills people just as much as Bush is killing, you still want him to stay in power, and continue to kill people? What exactly do you want? It doesnt sound like you're anti-war to me, it sounds like you're anti-everything.

Athy: I didnt mean Bush's intentions were personally to help people, of course I believe that theres much more to it (Eg: looking powerful, looking good, etc).

Mburn AKA Fucking Idiot:

"Riely i think they should give you a prize for being the most gullable person EVER. if you think for one moment that that 'war' went well you must have something wrong with you. America are the kind of government that shoot first and ask questions later. And you seem to think they went in there and the iraqy people boww down at their feet, this is not true. If you saw the famous statue come down (which may i felt pleases about) then did you surly not see the looting- it appears u didnt, nor did you see the protest AGAINST yank land to get the hell out their country. of course you didnt, or did you just 'forget' to mention it"

Does this even merit a response? Jesus...

Read over what I wrote before, carefully, thoughtfully, perhaps with an aid to help you UNDER-STAND, -WHAT-, I, AM... SAY-ING. Quote me on all the stuff I said there, do it, go back, find out where I said such things as "War is going super duper! Chemical weapons taste like cherry pops!" and quote me, because I said none of that shit and you will get a nasty surprise.

The other stuff, like I said before (JEESUS) the looting is totally insignificant, I saw the looting, who the fuck cares? You make it sound like the fucking Holocaust... Of course there were people who marched against the USA, and by the way many of these people WERE rallied by Saddam's understudy's (And the Americans didnt even acknowledge this so it WASNT propaganda) but some people were of the opinion that having Saddam is better than war. Understandably. Get over it.

OK, thats all, thanks for interesting me, and Mburn I swear if you talk any more crap Im just going to stop acknowledging youre alive.

Good day.

Sorry Kenna, I didnt realise it was directed in my direction.

Well, I dont really have much to say, like I said, its useless to such things and you admitted that so, I dont really have anything to say. And the reason Im being harsh on mburn is because he likes to jump in here, call me a gullable idiot, and basically re-write what I already counter-pointed him on, hes a fucking clown.

Weedy, I luff you for using the word luff, how sexy.

God, yeah dont worry about it. You're not like mburn or anything.

Ta-ta.

ooooooo i sence some rivalry coming on. im sorry if i have been jumping in and being rude but this is really a subject which i feel pasionatly about and i like to 'jump on my high horse'

lets agree to disagree and move on from this

La Maga: I understand where you're coming from and in no way do I totally agree with everything Bush/America does, Democracy does not give them the right to march into countries that are economically suceeding and change everything. But, Iraq were not doing well economically and something had to be done, by somebody, nomatter what the intentions, for Bush to keep himself powerful, to make America look good, whatever, it still equals a much better governing than whats been going on before. It was like fucking Nazi Germany, actually it WAS Nazi Germany, some people fail to see that.

uuuh. O.K. I understand your point. But still don't buy the 'by any means necessary' thing, which U.S. Governments seem to believe as a Bible...

Anyway, I find the Nazi example a bit sour... just go deeper into History. U.S. was a bit responsible for Hitler; I don't see them as the saviors of anything and never will.

uuuh. O.K. I understand your point. But still don't buy the 'by any means necessary' thing, which U.S. Governments seem to believe as a Bible...

Anyway, I find the Nazi example a bit sour... just go deeper into History. U.S. was a bit responsible for Hitler; I don't see them as the saviors of anything and never will.

short but sweet

I AM SO ENTIRELY SICK OF ARGUING WITH PPL OVA THA WAR THING. it makes me mad that ppl see only that war is bad and that`s what they stick to like they have it written before their faces 'WAR IS BAD' and that`s all they see. they can`t see that saddam`s regim was A SHITLOAD FAR MORE bad that this fucking war.

Caaalm down Weedy, still try to understand that people (Mainly, gullable people) feel that more patience could have been taken by the US in approaching this war, that the UN could have dug around for longer. And then there are those who are Anti Everything :P

Mburn would you produce your own points instead of adding to others, pretending like you know something? But you can continue if you want, I get my giggles out of it...

La Manga. More early Nazi Germany me thinking, before Hitler used Article 48 in the Weimer Consituition to totally screw Germany up with propaganda and what not, but was still pretty damn evil and got away with a lot of hell because he had support from a blind Chancellor. THAT was what Saddam was like.

America havent done ANYTHING right? In the Truman years (Yes, I am a bit of a Truman mark, a president to respect, I saw) Marshall Aid was basically what kept Europe going economically, as well as parts of Asia. Without the US many countries would have literally collapsed completely to become land masses of space, probably to be taken over by Communists to just be used for, well whatever the hell they mighta wanted to use it for because it would have been impossible for a population to live and breed on such a place. And where would all the refugees have gone? Thank America we dont have to worry about that question.

That truly is the difference America have made, in just one situation.