✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

War: The uselessness of anti-war protests

Reilly

I'm so sick of it, the amount of senseless people who see war as nothing more than killing kids. I know its a crises and we all wish it would end with good results but does the music industry have to jam it down our throats how wrong they think it is?

On MTV I just saw Shakira talking about how Madonna is spineless not to have shown her original music video. I didnt mind Shakira before but now she seems like an ignorant bitch, I mean, what a stupid thing to say. Shakira really thinks shes making a difference because on her tour puppets of Bush and Blair are projected onto giant screens and Id assume its to make them look like idiots, is that not the corniest thing ever? Does it make any difference at all to anything? I bet Bush and Blair dont even know about this former MTV star's puppeteering, its shameless self promotion.

Shameless self promotion and everyones doing it. Some people respectively state their views in somewhat of a constructive manner, like Placebo for example. But then you have your Madonna's and Shakira's.

Madonna's new video and song for that matter has the be the cheapest, tackiest attempt at being anti-war. The song has fucking nothing to do with the war shes just trying to remain contreversial, and 'out there' and its absolutely pathetic. Has she HEARD this song? Its terrible. I bet they wrote it in about 5 minutes because the war started and they had to make Madonna get out on the scene to soak up record sales from the angry anti-war street team around the world. "Do I have to change my name? Am I gonna be a star?" Thats how it starts off, some mumbling crap about American society failing to accept people for being themselves, and she goes on through the verses "I, tried to be the best, try to be a mess," yadda yadda, she tried (And failed) to be the anti-war godess spokeswoman. Now, what does the chorus have to do with the war? "American life, I live the American dream, you are the bes thing Ive seen, you are, not just a dream" (Great rhythmical skill there Madge) So it sorta turns into a love song? The whole thing has nothing to do with the war except for the fact that she throws on some tacky war uniform that looks like it should be worn by a stripper playing 'Colonel Crack' and then they throw in an even tackier, shit background of random flags. Random flags, with the song being about America, great way to jump on the anti-war bandwagon in the most insencere of ways.

And now System of a Down, their new song is absolutely horrible, just like Madonna, I bet it was written in about 5 seconds. The video is proof of the ignorant bastards Im talking about in the world, people like; "I just dont see why we should kill innocent children", its just so damn stupid that these people can go on anti-war walkouts and argue the same old tired point that War Kills when they obviously dont have a clue whats going on, or their brain rejects any logical reasoning behind a war.

I have too much to say on this. I'll continue later.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna's new video and song for that matter has the be the cheapest' date=' tackiest attempt at being anti-war. The song has fucking nothing to do with the war shes just trying to remain contreversial, and 'out there' and its absolutely pathetic. Has she HEARD this song? Its terrible. I bet they wrote it in about 5 minutes because the war started and they had to make Madonna get out on the scene to soak up record sales from the angry anti-war street team around the world.[/quote']

sad-smiley-024.gif Couldn't have put it better myself

And now System of a Down, their new song is absolutely horrible, just like Madonna, I bet it was written in about 5 seconds. The video is proof of the ignorant bastards Im talking about in the world, people like; "I just dont see why we should kill innocent children", its just so damn stupid that these people can go on anti-war walkouts and argue the same old tired point that War Kills when they obviously dont have a clue whats going on, or their brain rejects any logical reasoning behind a war.

I've never liked SOAD but after I saw that video it just made me realize how fucking stupid these guys are and what a useless pointless video they made.

And who the fuck cares what Madonna, Shakira or System of a Down feel about the fucking war. I could care less. What makes their position on the war better than anyone elses? I get so mad at these fucking celebrities making the war their business. Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn who the fuck cares that they are anti-war.

I am anti-war and I went to protests and the likes. Just because I think "Maybe it doesn't change anything but at least you did something with your time".

Well, in my opinion it's alright to express your opinions on war like this or in other ways. Sure, Madonna's new song/video is crap (haven't seen SOAD's yet) and it's not the best of anti-war propaganda.

But there are other celebrities like Dustin Hoffmann and Terry Jones who explained their point of views in a really good way.

Anyway, it always depends on how you do it :shrug:

I'm so sick of it' date=' the amount of senseless people who see war as nothing more than killing kids.[/quote']

whatever the reason for war, in the end killing people is what it comes down to. i dont think killing kids is justifiable. i dont think killing anyone is justifiable. given this, how can anyone believe that war is right?

we were against saddam killing his own people so we went and killed them for him.

this is the most sensible thing any one has sed in this thread so far, good god living up to his name lol. im sorry but this thread really really annoys me :x . Around 2000 iraqs have been killed in this so called 'war' which absoultly discracefull and if everyone of them had been american the world would be in absoulte uproar and the would be so much press covarage about EVERY single death, and no doubt george w bush (the w stands for wanker) would have sent his troops over to the 'folk' who did this and bomb the shite into them. so just for one minuite think about if one of those iraqys who died would have been your brother or sister or uncle or aunt, how would you feel, how would you feel? i think you wouldnt mind puttin a saturday afternoon aside to stop it by marching for a unnessesery and unjustified war. its not even like they have captured saddam (or bin laden) another us cock up and the iraqs DO NOT want some stupid american choosen government, they want freedom, true freedom.

SUMONE SUMWHER ONCE SED BOMBING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FUKING FOR VIRGINITY

I will talk later i have tea ready

I am anti-war and I went to protests and the likes. Just because I think "Maybe it doesn't change anything but at least you did something with your time".

Well, in my opinion it's alright to express your opinions on war like this or in other ways. Sure, Madonna's new song/video is crap (haven't seen SOAD's yet) and it's not the best of anti-war propaganda.

I agree entirely. Madonna's new song and video are crap. I agree with that. Sure, protesting against the war isn't going to make numb skulled Bush do anything, but atleast you expressed your opinions. Atleast he knows that the whole world doesn't agree with him.

I don't care whether celebrities talk about if they support the war or not. Frankly, all-American celebrities that make songs about supporting the war, our country, and Bush make me more sick than people who protest against the war in immature ways. But they have the right to do that, however stupid it is. There are celebrities who protest against the war in more intellegent ways, making good points, and they deserved to be heard. Atleast they're using their fame wisely.

well now I hear that Bush just spun his whell of who to attack ext and the arrow pointed to CUBA...now this is getting ridiculous...

I dont think anti-war protests are useles...I'm if someone wanted to rage on ur country you'll be protesting and shit...

But looking Madonna and other celebrities who come up w/ their war protesting..SILLY...dumb and senselesss..but I've been to spectate some protests and these ppl believe in something and are trying to get it across...as we all see now..no one's listening...so yes..they are sometimes uselesss

i second reilly and ian.

some ppl had to be killed in that war but now when the war`s ova saddam`s regim has been killed as well and if it wasn`t he`d still be killing ppl!

did any of anti-warriors see how happy iraqis were when they found out saddam has no control ova them anymore? did you see them?

to sum up, if saddam`s regim hadn`t been abolished there would still be ppl dying cuz of him. at this very moment ppl would be dying. and since the war started till this very moment he`d have killed (not by himself of course) way more ppl than died in the war.

this is what flea from the peppers wrote about protesting:

"Kurt Vonnegut said thqt when the entire sane population of the United States mobilized into protesting the Vietnam war in the 60's it had as much impact as a bannana cream pie falling off a 3 foot stepladder or something to that effect. People like to feel a common cause and to hold hands in a big circle in the street and feel meaningful. I understand, I wanna hold hands too but I don't know what it does. I don't know what to do about anything as inconceivable to me as mass violent murdering, I pray for peace for everyone of you."

open up your eyes ppl! learn more about the whole situation and then speak your mind.

hm.. i didn't see the iraqis being happy about saddam's regime had fell 'cause i wasn't there.. i hardly can always believe what is shown on tv, the more so as the media keeps telling that many pics and infos are faked.

i'm not annoyed by the regime being abolished, that was really necessary, i know! but by this whole thing, the way policy is ut into action.

well i won't expose my attitude here in detail, 'cause it would be too much, just wanna say i kinda agree with all of you :)

i don`t believe everything i see in telly either but this case is just way more important to be faked. i happened to see the action when usa troops entered central bagdad live. i`ve seen the whole thing and it wasn`t all bright and stuff: i saw happy ppl (well their happiness was showed in a rather calm way..they weren`t jumping all ova the place but instead they started destroying saddam`s monument) and some were pissed at the us troops (i especially remember this one young woman, prolly a student arguing with tha soldier..she pissed me off).

ppl that don`t know what`s going on and what`s the war all about argue and protest. they know very little and yet they think they`re right.

God, its hard but you have to think very harshly and bluntly about this (And its hard because its about peoples lives). I know that many lives have been lost, and it isnt right, but can the lives that have been lost in the past few months truly be weighed up with the amount of lives that have been lost in Saddam's decade+ reign of madness? And how many would be lost if he continued to run his country the way he has?

I can sympathise with those who feel the war should be stopped, because things have been going very badly (Although its begun to brighten up, little by little). But ignorant bastards who think that the war is horrible and completely ridiculous, that Bush is Hitler Devil Supreme, those people are just stupid and waste everyones time.

America are trying to do something good, can people not see that? Do you really think Bush would be allowed to do such things if his intentions werent good?

Its not just that Saddam killed people, its the way that these lives were wasted. $200 million worth of medicines and medical equipment has been stored in warehouses by Saddam, while a constant string of deaths carried on through Iraq, 1 in 8 children died before the age of 4.

Right now United States troops are running buck nakket through Iraq, helping people in conjunction with the international Red Cross. As much as can be done is being done, and they ARE doing a good job at it (Which even surprised me).

I can understand why some people would think that Bush is a Hitler, of course. Hes done a bad job in propaganda terms, one quote comes to mind; "Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists" I can sort of see where he is coming from but he certainly did not need to express it like that. In any war situation you have to go in confidently, but thats not confidence its pure arrogance.

All in all, war has at least proven society's bone structure, and how people are smarter than ever. Nobody thinks "Yes! Get those damn Iraqi's!" anymore, everyone is united in the concern for the Iraqi people, whether or not you are for or against the war. Its about weighing up what is worst for the Iraqi people, the continuing reign of Saddam over their heads, or the at first sting of the American's invasion but what later becomes aid and help to a struggling country.

In my opinion the war is a fraction of the true damage that Saddam has ensued on the country, and without question for me, the amount of casualties caused by the war is nothing compared with the torment Saddam would have caused.

Saddam was like heroin, a constant poison in Iraq's bloodstream.

America was like a vaccination needle, it stings at first and is certainly not something to look forward to, but in the end it will make things much better (Dont attack me, like I said, I hate to be blunt about it but this is how things work out. Some of you talked about what war is in the end, killing people, and I'll talk about what war is in the end as well, helping people).

America are trying to do something good, can people not see that? Do you really think Bush would be allowed to do such things if his intentions werent good?

this is a plain ridiculous thing to say. Have you heard of oil, oil and yet more oil? the whole point they went in was to stop saddam attcking america, not for the iraqs, not for the goo dof the world but for america. Freedom comes wit responsability, and freeing iraq came big responsabilities which america certanily did not comply with, did u not see the looting, and all the crime. and no america will put some awful puppet yank government. this war could have gone better, and should have

Oh no, another one that thinks the war was purely for oil...

Of course it was for America, it was to make America look good, but in doing so it has definately helped the Iraqi's. The intention is still good here, they are trying to change this world for the better, whatever their reasons are for doing so (To make it a better world, or to make America look better, whatever).

I dont see how America werent prepared for the response in trying to free Iraq. Of course there were minor bumps but America has, like I said, shocked me in its preparation for such things as the responsibility its held by freeing Iraq. How did America not comply with the responsibility it had to uphold? They've been doing nothing but help the Iraqi people since chemicals have been dropped.

What looting? What crime? If you mean the petty theft and mugging, go step outside, it happens a lot, and obviously it'll happen in times of crises. Its very, very insignificant.

A lot of your points have nothing behind them at all, nearly everything youve said has been plan ridiculous.

"and no america will put some awful puppet yank government."

Good boy.

"this war could have gone better, and should have"

I couldnt agree more, but, just to be a bitch about it, how do you think the war could've been better? What strategies (Or, in my opinion, lack of) do you think would have made a much better influence on how things could have been run?

So you still think it was all for the freedom of Iraki people?

As I see it, Bush is sick with fear, he is blind with fear. The only thing he wants is power, to feed himself, to keep strong. And at any cost. I remember the words of the Yoda 'Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering'. I sense much fear in Bush. I really do. So what does he do? He just goes and attacks those who can potentially put in danger the good health of his beloved 'America', commands a genocide (see the numbers, just see them, that is not a war!) , and, casually, gets millions, and billions, and countless dollars in oil, just to prove the world that he has THE largest, if you know what I mean, and that he can do whatever he wants. And there, just to justify it, makes people believe it's for a good cause.

'America' (I doubt the term, I am American too and I am certainly not from the U.S.) has always done that. I live it, I suffer it.

And this thread started with a critic to Shakira... well that little idealistic :roll: girl happens to be dating the son of my former President De la Rua. Like father like son, of course... and not quite a good father: his terrible government, which, like all in my country for years and years, followed the magic instructions of the I.M.F. and from our bosses in the North ('America' again), ended when a HUGE manifestation in the Government Square (with repression and deaths, it was terrible) forced him to leave the charge in a helicopter. Of course, there was a political strategy in the middle, I'm not that naive, but social protest here had some impact, believe it or not, I was here, I lived it.

People aren't aware about how powerful they are just because it's what we are taught, it's what THEY want us to believe. We are just important in the elections, and then we should shut our mouths... But I still believe in ourselves and in our right to say 'No, democracy doesn't give you the right to do this, you fucking bastard'.

well the situation in iraq was a lot worse.

poland is one of those countries that suffered the most in history of the world! my country was out of map for ova 130 years and if some ppl hadn`t sacrificed their lives for our freedom poland would still be divided into 3 (1/3 would belong to germany, 1/3 to russia and the last part to austria).

now when everyone`s talkin about the oil thing. do u think bush`d have guts to take control ova irap and it`s goods when so many eyes are turned on him?

and of course the us prezident wants to keep his country safe!! isn`t it one of his jobs? especially after what happened on sept 11th