✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Their Next Single...

masterofmulletz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think it'll be what if. Or Low...sorry guys! :/ Square one, white shadows, swallowed in the sea or a message i reckon. I don't know what I'd like it to be. Probably Swallowed in the Sea cos I 'HEART' it :lol: . But if they're looking for a good chart song. Probably Square one or a message........hmmmmmmm it's a toughy!

Ode to Dehoderant. Just to confuse the shit out of all of us who obsess over singles.

well that'd definitely solve a lot of our problems, wouldn't it...

all those poor people who read all the posts on that thread in the multimedia section :cry:

Hee hee... I read them... it's funny. :jester: Humor and a bit of faint hope- what more could you ask for? (besides the actual song, of course :dozey: ).

I'm hoping it'll be White Shadows. I don't think it would be Square One unless they could go back and release it as the first single - they think too much about stuff like that. I'd love for it to be Swallowed in the Sea, but if it's going to be something slower, probably A Message is the most radio friendly of the two. So I'm guessing it's one of those two... White Shadows or A Message.

The Hardest Part is pretty much a no. Didn't Will say on the radio 6 tour diaries that they probably wouldn't even play it live again?

i would definitely choose a message, just because it would have a kick-ass video...however, a lot of controversy will come out of it, you know, chris wrote it naked, plus the tabloids would say crap about chris and gwen...not good.

i love S1, but after talk, it wouldnt be so big. white shadows its almost a perfect single, but it should have been released before talk.

swallowed in the sea sounds pretty cool, but its still a little weak, unless they modify it and make it more acoustic...

low is very good....and what if could make a pretty solid sinlge as wel... :dozey:

White Shadows all the way....

It has to be. The Hardest Part and Swallowed in the Sea are too... I dunno they just don't represent the sound Coldplay did with the new album in my opinion. Speed of Sound, Fix You, and Talk all have more... Ah I don't know how to explain it :lol:

I'll just stick with "White Shadows all the way...."

I'm not sure if there's gonna be a next single, but since Coldplay will be touring until may/june (at least) I think they might release a fourth after all.

WHITE SHADOWS gets my vote. It's perfect single material.

Second favourite for a single is SQUARE ONE, because it's kind of an anthem.

WHAT IF might get a shot as well.

I don't think X&Y (same beaudot code as album artwork), SWALLOWED IN THE SEA (too long beaudot code), THE HARDEST PART (rarely played live), TWISTED LOGIC (rarely played live) nor TIL KINGDOM COME (hidden tracks are never singles, except maybe 'Big Yellow Taxi' by Counting Crows) will become singles.

Personally I'd love A MESSAGE to be a single, but somehow I don't think they'll pick that one...

I reckon Square One shouldn't get put out for the same reason as Politik didn't, in my opinion. I like to think of Politik and Square One as the opening tracks. They sound so good together as openers and I don't wanna spoil that with having one of them on single. Singles should be for the middle / end of concerts, not opening tracks. Opening tracks need a special kind of "boomph" and Square One has that. :D

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be White Shadows. It's the only track they've done throughtout the entire tour! Well, other than Square One...but it's just an "opening" track...like Politik. A Message hasn't (I believe) apeared on tour yet, What If and Low are very in and out of the tour, Swallowed In The Sea hasn't even apeared at all shows. I'm PRETTY sure it'll be WS. It's extremely radio friendly, for one, but also it's gotten alot of publicity. It's been played on the radio all over the world. I know at least for the Austin City Limits show, they included it, and every other song they showed was a single (other than TKC, but that's sort of a special track cos of the whole Johnny Cash thing). PLUS, it's my absolute favorite song EEEEVVVVEEERRR out of every band I've ever listened to.

Seriously, they wouldn't release a single that they don't perform on tour alot. It's built in publicity for it. Releasing something like The Hardest Part would be SUICIDE, especially since they can't even play it live right.

It's really between White Shadows, Square One, and Swallowed In The Sea...and WS will PROBABLY be it!

Dave

^i agree...they cannot release another "fast song"...its either swallowed in the sea, or a message...

although i would prefer What if and The hardest part...no one ever hears it, no one evr talks about it...it would make an awsome suprise!! :D