✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radio 1 - "hardest part is the next single"

sparky17

im a bit disappointed, i wanted low or square one ir white shadows to be their next single. i found out about this couple of hours ago when i heard it on the radio.... i was pretty amazed to hear it.... hearing the first few notes i was like "this sounds familiar! R.E.M.! no wait - it's the hardest part, WTF???"

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no apparently it is...someone said on the coldplay.com forum that his dad's company is going to shoot the video for it...i dont know if he's tellin the truth but if he is then its def the next single...noooooooo!

why are they choosing one of their worst songs on the album for the next single...it makes no sense! alot of their single choices have been odd...arobtth should have def been a single.

I keep getting angry and happy then angry then happy then angry then happy. I'm angry right now.

I don't think they'd be shooting the video quite yet. In the past we've gotten a confirmation ab the single before news on the video. Happened with every X&Y single so far. I can't remember past that...but I'm sure it happened with AROBTTH singles. I dunno. I'm seriously thinking about complaining to somebody if it is. I still say a good compromise would be a AA-single. Coldplay can release what they want, and we'll get what we want and we'll all be happy!

I HOPE these are all rumors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Oh' date=' shit. This thing is like a rollercoaster :([/quote']

i think it def is though...they are even playing it in the encore now...they never would do that unless they wanted to promote it.

That is true, but they haven't played it at all the US shows so far. Only 2/3. You'd think that if they wanted it to be a single, it'd be at everything. Once Talk got into the set, it never left and that ended up being a single. Fix You and SOS were always in the set, too...and they were singles. The only other tracks that have a firm position in the tour set are White Shadows, Square One, and Til Kingdom Come. TKC is the bonus track and S1 is the album opener. So logically, White Shadows should be the next single. But then again, this is the "Twisted Logic" tour! It's a really stupid mistake to release it.

Dave

i think it def is though...they are even playing it in the encore now...they never would do that unless they wanted to promote it.

That is true, but they haven't played it at all the US shows so far. Only 2/3. You'd think that if they wanted it to be a single, it'd be at everything. Once Talk got into the set, it never left and that ended up being a single. Fix You and SOS were always in the set, too...and they were singles. The only other tracks that have a firm position in the tour set are White Shadows, Square One, and Til Kingdom Come. TKC is the bonus track and S1 is the album opener. So logically, White Shadows should be the next single. But then again, this is the "Twisted Logic" tour! It's a really stupid mistake to release it.

Dave

they have had 3 shows so far on the new leg of the tour and they have played it at every show in the encore. they never played it on the first leg and now that they are playing it, in the encore no less, is a very sound indication that it is going to be the next single.

Dave

they have had 3 shows so far on the new leg of the tour and they have played it at every show in the encore. they never played it on the first leg and now that they are playing it, in the encore no less, is a very sound indication that it is going to be the next single.

Actually, you are wrong. They did not play it the 2nd night...they played Swallowed In The Sea in it's place. At least according to the setlists I've seen. AND they HAVE played it prior to this...but it was only for like the first 3-5 shows on their 1st North American tour. I saw it live in Camden, NJ...and they messed up. Plus, a song being in the encore doesn't really make it a single. Both Swallowed In The Sea and What If started off the encore before The Hardest Part got into the equation.

Yet, White Shadows has been done at EVERY show...which is my biggest beef. If you're going to release a song...please perform it on tour!!! THP has been at TOPS 8 shows...and White Shadows has been at ALL of em...yet the rumor is THP! Doesn't make sense, does it?!

Dave

Hey, I just remembered something. Didn't they decide to include The Hardest Part after they initially decided on their tracklisting? And for that matter, didn't the same thing happen to GPASOYF, the fourth single on AROBTTH? Weird.....

^ I think that was Clocks, actually

Dave

Which part, the including after announcing as a single or being the 4th single? Clocks was 3rd from AROBTTH.

I believe (99% sure) that Clocks was the LAST track added to the album, and almost didn't make it, in fact (according to Storytellers) no one thought it would even be a hit!

I know Clocks was the 3rd single, but I think that GPAS was always on the tracklist. I could be wrong though!

Dave

No, GPASOYF was supposed to be a b-side.....they decided to add it to the tracklist towards the end.

Clocks was not supposed to be on because they wanted to save it for album 3, but everyone told Chris to master and add the song for AROBTTH.

At any rate, Clocks has IT'S OWN twin, which is......Talk!!! :D

No, GPASOYF was supposed to be a b-side.....they decided to add it to the tracklist towards the end.

Clocks was not supposed to be on because they wanted to save it for album 3, but everyone told Chris to master and add the song for AROBTTH.

At any rate, Clocks has IT'S OWN X&Y counterpart, which is......Talk!!! :D

It's a good choice for the next single, in my opinion. It's a sweet catchy little anthem, and I think it will do good on radio. But please, not another performance video! Much rather something.. I dunno, sunny or bright, to fit with the song.