✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radio 1 - "hardest part is the next single"

sparky17

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arg...I'm still not really over this. It just gets me angry! I was REALLY pulling for White Shadows! I love Coldplay and all...but they are just IDIOTS if they release The Hardest Part over it! C'mon! White Shadows has gotten alot of airtime on both TV and radio (for a non-single) and The Hardest Part has gotten NONE. ZERO. Completely nothing! They can't even play it right live! I guess they could add it back into the set for the new NA tour, but that would be just stupid because throughout all of the European tour they NEVER played it. What's the point of adding it now, after all the promotion for the album in the UK/EU is done?

They know that White Shadows is a popular track amongst both fans AND the public. They know it would be a radio hit. It would DEFINATLEY chart/sell well! It would even be a US hit. If The Hardest Part IS released...it will (probably) barely scratch the top-20. Can you imagine if you were a non-CP fan and heard it on the radio? I'd laugh! I know I'm taking this wwaaayy too seriously, but I can't help it. I hate to see them leave my favorite song of all time on the album! Maybe they'll get the hint??? I mean, the number of people who dislike the idea definately outweighs the people who do like it being a single. I know they won't regret NOT releasing The Hardest Part...but they would definately regret not releasing White Shadows! I mean, c'mon! It's the most popular album track, maybe next to Square One, but it's the album opener, and was never going to be a single anyway. Swallowd In The Sea is also really popular. But at least that's a logical choice for a single! Man, the song Twisted Logic has taken on an entirely new meaning to me now!

RELEASE WHITE SHADOWS! But more importantly, DON'T RELEASE THE HARDEST PART!!!!

Dave

It's funny. I don't think Coldplay would have ever thought that releasing this single would get some peolple into bedlam :lol:

I hope it'll turn out soon, because it's like the Loch Ness monster or Roswell or something like that :lol:

Easyyyy there musicman1990! it turns out Radio 1 was incorrect afterall :wink:

How do you know radio 1 was wrong?

Bohs Man.

Debs said she has heard nothing about The Hardest Part being the next single. I'm pretty sure she knows which song will be next, but of course she can't say until it's officially posted in the news section.

The whole Debs thing is confusing. On one hand, if The Hardest Part is indeed single #4, it's not ready for an official announcement yet, so she couldn't say anything. But on the other hand, she didn't have to answer the question. If it was indeed the truth and she couldn't say anything, she probably would have not answered it. Also, it's fishy because she said she's not heard anything. Meaning, not yes or no. The key is really where Radio 1 got their info, because they might have been misinformed. Anything could have happened.

Coldplay just aren't that stupid...that's the thing that's making me really confused. There are alot of things pointing to this being the truth, but also alot of flaws in it. I'm sure Coldplay wouldn't release the single in April...that's way too large of a gap. I see something coming in early to mid March. Logically, that's how it should be. They'd do better not releasing anything at all then releasing it almost a full year since the album project started!

Dave

ye but if that is the case she would hardly say "yes it is the hardest part" if they are realeasing it of course she would play dumb just like you said because no official word has been released.' date='but I hope I'm wrong and you are right :)[/quote']

No I don't think so, she wouldn't straight out lie like that. It'll only reflect badly on her when the single is released. If the single was indeed THP, she probably wouldn't answer the question at all.

lol, its on the news section now! thanks @ the webowner people for putting my username down ;)

it was actually luck that i listened to it, i turned it off at first cos robbie was on and was turning it on again to change the station to kerrang when i heard hardest part on radio 1. its the proudest thing i have ever done online! :D

anyway... its not certian but radio 1 wouldnt be lying. months ago, i heard the hardest part on a local radio station (brmb) and the play 'popular music' (the play speed of sound a lot) and they played it so it must be pretty popular! :)

if they add it into tonights set, things'l sure be pointing to it being single #4! i just still don't understand how they'd release it over White Shadows, which is a clear classic. if they release The Hardest Part...fine, but they better release a 5th single!!!! The song will flop so terrribly, they'll be laughed it. Anyone who owns the album (which alot of people) are surely NOT expecting it to be a single...so why? that's all i wanna know is why!

Dave

OMG!!! im so happy for this!!! its one one of the most understimated and underrated songs ever!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D i realy hope this song becomes the next single, its an excellent choice for a single, contrary to the popular opinion. i do hope this is true...not just another joke... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

it is good news!!! c'mon people' date=' am i the only one??? :huh:[/quote']

no, you're not the ONLY one...but a few. i mean, i love The Hardest Part, but in no way do I think it should be a single over WHITE SHADOWS!!!!

i'm just mind-boggled...it makes to logical sense. i'm hoping for a AA-side or a 5th single. what a waste of a classic song!

Dave