ross_c21

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've heard some of their stuff and I thought it was ok, but not great.

They supported Green Day (Incredibly weird isn't it?) and they were pretty good there surprisingly.

Oh yeah, A friend of mine (well ex-friend) is cousins with the lead singer

^ :lol: Ok, if im an 'american minded' girl then you are Father Xmas. You dont know me. What a bunch of crap. And if you think this board is 'so shite', dont come here. :rolleyes:

I like them coz they're a nice bunch of guys, singing about what they know about and not pretending to be something they are not. Its good, happy music and i enjoy it, so whatever.

missberryman, my fave songs are Hard to Beat, Living for the Weekend, Stars of CCTV, Cash Machine and Better Do Better. :) You?

Middle Eastern Holiday and Gotta Reason are good too.

i seen em this year and theyre shite

the reason this board is so shite is that its full of 10 year old american minded girls

spot on, exactly the same band as every other one that the NME gets its way with

i was expecting another slating for having an opinion.

on the same day i saw the kaiser cheifs for the second time and it sunk in that theyre shite also.

the nme is a fuckin sin if you like music

i seen em this year and theyre shite

spot on, exactly the same band as every other one that the NME gets its way with

apologies steph, i was agreeing with the 'shite' part, didn't mean to quote the second bit. I'm afraid that I stand by the first point though, they are exactly the same as the other bands around that the NME labels as 'original'. If people could say "yes they're nothing original but they are more of a genre i like" (or something phrased better than that) then i'd understand, but after hearing their album and reading reviews such as http://www.nme.com/reviews/hard-fi/7683 and smaller publications' similar gushing its just very hard to see what gives a band like this such mass appeal.

They're just another here-today-gone-tomorrow band that the 2000s will hopefully not be remembered for and by the time the record company has gotten its fill from them, they will have introduced something 'new' all over again.

missberryman, my fave songs are Hard to Beat, Living for the Weekend, Stars of CCTV, Cash Machine and Better Do Better. :) You?

Middle Eastern Holiday and Gotta Reason are good too.

my faves are...Better do better, Feltham is singing out, Hard to beat and Cash Machine(of course :D ), Stars of CCTV is also great, Move on now :) (I love it, sooo romantic) :lol:

I hope they will come to switzerland this year, then I can go to a concert :D

apologies steph, i was agreeing with the 'shite' part, didn't mean to quote the second bit. I'm afraid that I stand by the first point though, they are exactly the same as the other bands around that the NME labels as 'original'. If people could say "yes they're nothing original but they are more of a genre i like" (or something phrased better than that) then i'd understand, but after hearing their album and reading reviews such as http://www.nme.com/reviews/hard-fi/7683 and smaller publications' similar gushing its just very hard to see what gives a band like this such mass appeal.

They're just another here-today-gone-tomorrow band that the 2000s will hopefully not be remembered for and by the time the record company has gotten its fill from them, they will have introduced something 'new' all over again.

No worries. :)

I sorta agree with you actually, as much as I like them, im not sure how much staying power they have. I dont think their sound is strong enough for them to be around for a long long time. But while they are here, even if they are just a hyped up fad, im enjoying them. :)

Also I dont think they are taken very seriously - i mean, even I who likes them doesn't see their music as seriously amazing or anything, i just think they've made a good bunch of tunes that i personally like listening to.

missberryman I hope you get to see them!

I missed out on getting tickets to see them :( , which im sill kicking myself about. But im sure i'll get another opportunity sometime, and i'll definatley go then. :)