✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10 things I don't like about Coldplay

busybeeburns

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't you just post that you don't listen to them anymore?

Well.....first of all it is my problem how much coldplay songs I listen to per day.....and in the last weeks I didn't...just listen sometimes to brothers and sisters......but that doesn't mean I hate them or dislike them.....or am I forced to listen to them when i like them?

didn't you just post that you don't listen to them anymore?

That doesnt mean she doesnt like them.. i havent listened to coldplay in 4 months now but i'm still a fan, just not obsessed.. didnt know there was a fan rule that u have to listen coldplay 24/7 to have an opinion about it

Now people, show love :heart:

oh, and if this keeps up I am defenitly not staying..

Not that that many ppl care.. just felt like saying it..

*shows luff* :heart:

Hope you dont go though, all this just turned into a childish argument which will stop soon i hope.

Now people, show love :heart:

oh, and if this keeps up I am defenitly not staying..

Not that that many ppl care.. just felt like saying it..

no ! dont go haha u make this place realy fun :D

but i agreed this coldplay sucks but im in here its getign on my nervs !!!

Back onto subject.

I think he does have some fair points.

Chris Martin is the centerpiece of the band but that's also by design, he's too energetic not too be. For U2 The Edge and Bono are the main focus points of the band, neither Adam nor Larry seem particularly bothered by it, they speak in public and all that, just aren't where the cameras are most of the time, same as Bono.

I don't really agree with his second point, nor do I understand it. He says that Martin knows a good hook while nearly half of Coldplay songs now are defined by guitar parts, which are of course developed by Buckland. Along with this, I think it's quite harsh to say the songs go nowhere.

The lyrics remind me of Robert Frost. Not to say that Martin is near as good as the great poet, but the idea of getting bigger meanings across in simple ways. Martin has said though that he wants to improve on the lyrics. It's kind of hard to listen to Coldplay and really admire the lyrics after hearing lines by other bands (like Arctic Monkeys or the sort) who are playing appealing music but are also putting real heart and meaning into the words.

I'd say the Apple comment is just a joke. It's been said so many times before. I'd rather any child be named Apple over Dweezil.

Coldplay have never really acted like hardasses so it's fine that he acts somewhat vulnerable, although that particular quote is quite cheesy.

Late night shows have had a good time with Coldplay, same as they do now with James Blunt, but it's all in good humor, same as people making fun of Yorke's way of muttering lyrics and spazzing out live and Bono wearing ridiculous glasses.

I can agree that Coldplay is not alternative, they are mainstream music and should be presented as such.

Oasis are full of shit. They say funny things, they say dumb things, they say one thing then go back on it. They said the Arctic Monkeys would go nowhere with their name. And ate shit for it. So who really gives a fuck? It's Oasis. They're two steps from death and have actually regressed with every album since Definitely Maybe, never taking the next step.

X&Y was overproduced, but obviously had amazing potential, has brought some great songs to the world, and has layed the roots for a super live show needed to truly hit the top of the musical world.

Also, agreed on the needing to put more heart into their songs. For all of their working for causes, such melancholy in songs is a near betrayal of those they're helping, it doesn't work to try to help those in other countries with kind speech and signer-uppers at live shows when you just sing about everything being alright.

Just my two cents on his two cents. :)