✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How much influence Coldplay has on you?

chlorofit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really love threads like these, mainly cause it makes me dig deeper into myself and discover how much impact this amazing has done in life. without them lmy life would be a void, a hole, an abyss...like a white canvas with no color or imagination. throughout my life i've have experienced the extreme ups and downs, and as as exaggerated as it may sound, coldplay has made my extreme downs a little easier to get through. there are times in which i want to escape from my life, and express myself so i dont consume myself in depression. but what happens when im not even the least inspired to create?? that's when coldplay comes in. they are the air that keeps me breathing, i really dont know why i would have done without them...

they are much more than a band, they are the creators of hope, hope of what they sing in their lyrics "of a beautiful world", songs like Fix you, In my place, Warning sign, The hardest part and so many others are the songs that inspire me to keep on going on, cause there's so much farther ahead.

Coldplay have a MASSIVE influence on me. My health isn't good and I have to stay at home a lot - it gets incredibly depressing and wearisomely boring. But somehow when I put on one of my Coldplay CDs or DVDs, I feel better. To me, Chris somehow gets the message across that he's in 'it' (ie whatever we're going through) with us. The message that life sucks a lot of the time BUT 'we live in a beautiful world' is to me what Coldplay are about.

The only negative is that I think I am in danger of becoming obsessed with the band! I used to think I loved Travis, and when I saw them live three years ago, felt I was in heaven. But Coldplay are for some reason I can't put my finger on, simply ADDICTIVE. I literally can't get enough of them, and whenever I'm particularly down, I HAVE to get my fix of a couple of songs at least.:\

Well, there are worse addictions I suppose! And so long as they stop me from chucking myself off a bridge, I'll keep with them!!:)

I posted my message in reply to the question before realising that the majority of posts were about something totally unrelated to it. I'm not against people chatting at all, but think they should go into the chat forum and keep this one for answers relating to the thread.

JMHO!

^Sorry...the board was pretty dead lastnight and we got chatting...apologies ;)

And btw, what you wrote was really moving...it's great that they have had such a huge, and positive impact on your life.

And yes, there are MUCH worse addictions! We definatley have the best addiction there is! :D