✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post a pic which makes you think "wtf?"!

Ondes Martenot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Fucked up art :|

0022.jpg

0082.jpg

068.png

http://1313.mx/obra/cadere-innocens/

That girl really likes dead children and gore lol

:stunned::stunned:

This woman is a good artist; she really knows how to draw.

I really do not like her subjects. As I wanted to KNOW; I came across a statement:

It helps a little bit to understand this art, but I am still confused....:embarrassed:

The exposed work is based, mainly, in the study of abjection.

Most specifically in the corpse, wich alludes to illness, dirt and waste. It threatens the integrity and stability of the viewer, attracted by the drawings developed from traditional techniques and obsessively intricate in detail, which results in an evocative imaginary, thus being stimulating and pleasant when contemplating, but when assimilated, provokes rejection due to the moral barrier of our social context.

This is done almost exclusively in order to violate the moral basis of the viewer, leading him to dissolve the inconvenience of morality and turning him into an accomplice of the enjoyableness of death.

“At the center of artist Kikyz1313′s paintings are young children, their pale skin enveloped in tangled cocoons of feathers, bone, cloth and other natural elements. The startlingly detailed works reveal macabre elements as their bodies and faces are bisected to reveal their organs. These melancholy explorations of mortality and the cyclical nature of life are paired with a stunning mastery of technique and color balance…”

5859805 views so far

:facepalm:

It is a plague upon our internets. Remove it at once and cleanse the spot it occupied with fire.

Jesus christ the Taylor Swift goat video was better made and less disjointed and that has less views in six months than this thing has in three days. Dance music and ridiculous noises does not automatically a viral video make! Sigh.

:stunned::stunned:

This woman is a good artist; she really knows how to draw.

I really do not like her subjects. As I wanted to KNOW; I came across a statement:

It helps a little bit to understand this art, but I am still confused....:embarrassed:

The exposed work is based, mainly, in the study of abjection.

Most specifically in the corpse, wich alludes to illness, dirt and waste. It threatens the integrity and stability of the viewer, attracted by the drawings developed from traditional techniques and obsessively intricate in detail, which results in an evocative imaginary, thus being stimulating and pleasant when contemplating, but when assimilated, provokes rejection due to the moral barrier of our social context.

This is done almost exclusively in order to violate the moral basis of the viewer, leading him to dissolve the inconvenience of morality and turning him into an accomplice of the enjoyableness of death.

“At the center of artist Kikyz1313′s paintings are young children, their pale skin enveloped in tangled cocoons of feathers, bone, cloth and other natural elements. The startlingly detailed works reveal macabre elements as their bodies and faces are bisected to reveal their organs. These melancholy explorations of mortality and the cyclical nature of life are paired with a stunning mastery of technique and color balance…”

Yes she does indeed! Her artworks are really detailed and drawn in a style that I like.

I read that as well, and didn't understand all of it. For myself I believe she tries to bring the subject of death and decay closer to the viewer but without the feeling of disgust one usually gets when seeing photograph of corpses and such. And she tries to show the beauty of death and takes away the abhorrence one is feeling by placing the children in her drawings in natural environments and other dead creatures to show us we're all the same.

Yeah it's hard to "art-talk" in another language but that's what her pictures make me feel.

^ you explained well Batman :-)

Especially the part 'we are all the same'. And that IS.

By placing these broken children, and in the same time surrounding them by flowers, animals, teddybears and lovely blankets, it gives me the feel that at least ONE person (the one who is drawing them so carefully and detailed) did care for them.

^ you explained well Batman :-)

Especially the part 'we are all the same'. And that IS.

By placing these broken children, and in the same time surrounding them by flowers, animals, teddybears and lovely blankets, it gives me the feel that at least ONE person (the one who is drawing them so carefully and detailed) did care for them.

Thank you :)

And YES that was my exact same thought as well! Also by taking so much of her time to create these artworks, not only she, but also us viewers may remember the children so their death won't be forgotten.