December 10, 200619 yr Wednesday I visited London to meet one of my best friends Kaz, who has been at uni in Portsmouth....it was so good to meet her, and cool to meet 2 of her new friends.... On Thursday I went to London again, with a small group of people from my course, we were carrying out a project brief which, if we're successful in, could get a trip to Milan.... we had to get random strangers to learn a new handshake, it was hard!! and embarrassing but fun as well. I attempted to buy Christmas presents but didnt get any...oh dear. My dad is always going for really long bike rides....heh. I miss my bike a bit! Is it flat or hilly where you live?
December 10, 200619 yr This time last year, I was in the millennium stadium watching Noise and Confusion. What a difference a year makes.
December 10, 200619 yr Wow, that thing with the handshake sounds funny but weird as well. How did people react? Oh, it would be so great if you could have a chance to visit Milan. It's a really nice city! :) I will buy all presents a few days before Christmas Eve. By the way, did you get any presents on December 6th in UK? I got a lot of chocolate and a lot of euro notes. :D Not, it isn't very hilly here, because I'm living near the North Sea. The dike is the highest "hill" here... :D On my way back to the airport I was surprised again, that London is very hilly.
December 10, 200619 yr Most of the people we talked to were tourists, and found us kind of annoying, lol. but we managed to get about 20 people to do it, and we videoed it front of famous landmarks. It was funny. Nope we didnt get any presents on the 6th...a normal day, lol! Lucky for you! :nice: Yup, London is very hilly in places... I couldnt believe it when me and Steph went to Alexandra Palace in the North for Keane, we could see across the entire city!! :o Hello Magda!
December 10, 200619 yr Hehe, that sounds so good. I guess you really had a lot of fun with this project. :nice: Did you also find some tourists who did the same handshake? ;) Yeah, especially the North of London is very hilly. You could see the wing of the Wembley stadium from miles away. I've made a short clip of the tour from Marble Arch to the beginning of the M1 when I was sitting in the bus, but it's too boring. :D Hey Magda! :) How are you?
December 10, 200619 yr oooooh you're going to Brighton! You'll have an awesome time! :D The handshake was very complicated...it included 10 different things, that incorporated the word ten. Like 'tension', 'potential', 'tenacious'..... its kind of complicated to explain lol!!!
December 10, 200619 yr hi lars! fine' date=' and you? hey! you're going to a killers gig! ...[/quote'] I'm fine, too! Yeah, the best thing is that this concert will take place in Berlin. So, my mates and I will spend a weekend in Berlin. I so adore this city. :nice: Maybe I will look for some flates or areas then, because I can imagine to live there in 2 years. Why are you going back to England? I would really like to see some parts of Southern England, like Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton someday. :nice: Haha, Kara! That is really complicated I guess. Who would ever get the idea of making these handshakes?! :D
December 10, 200619 yr I'm fine, too! Yeah, the best thing is that this concert will take place in Berlin. So, my mates and I will spend a weekend in Berlin. I so adore this city. :nice: Maybe I will look for some flates or areas then, because I can imagine to live there in 2 years. Why are you going back to England? I would really like to see some parts of Southern England, like Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton someday. :nice: Haha, Kara! That is really complicated I guess. Who would ever get the idea of making these handshakes?! :D you know, northern england and wales are also very nice parts! just for a trip... again, and i'm going there exyctly after a year...
December 10, 200619 yr you know' date=' northern england and wales are also very nice parts! just for a trip... again, and i'm going there exyctly after a year...[/quote'] Very good! Hope you'll have a great trip. :) Next year I would like to do trips to Dublin, Stockholm, Prague or Wellington. Well not to all cities, just because it would be too expensive. :D
December 10, 200619 yr Very good! Hope you'll have a great trip. :) Next year I would like to do trips to Dublin' date=' Stockholm, Prague or Wellington. Well not to all cities, just because it would be too expensive. :D[/quote'] prague won't be as expensive as wellington :lol: so at first i'd go to prague... ;)
December 10, 200619 yr No one really did get the idea of the handshakes, that was what so silly and funny hahaha!!!!! Oh well.....we made films of it, and I think some people thought they'd be on tv or something. ha!!!! :lol:
December 10, 200619 yr The problem is that I can't speak Czech. Do people understand English or German in Prague? :D All people who went to Prague said that it's an unbelievable city and that's the reason why I would like to spend some days there. Hehe Kara! I would like to see the weird faces of these people. :D By the way you have to add your Muse concert to your signature. ;)
December 10, 200619 yr Added! What countries do you both want to visit? Random question I know, but Ive been having an urge to visit somewhere like Iceland...lol
December 10, 200619 yr The problem is that I can't speak Czech. Do people understand English or German in Prague? :D All people who went to Prague said that it's an unbelievable city and that's the reason why I would like to spend some days there. Hehe Kara! I would like to see the weird faces of these people. :D By the way you have to add your Muse concert to your signature. ;) of course they do! (at least i think so) :lol: or i can be your "translator" :lol:
December 10, 200619 yr Added! What countries do you both want to visit? Random question I know, but Ive been having an urge to visit somewhere like Iceland...lol hmm... new zealand, south africa, canada, sweden...
December 10, 200619 yr Magda, I heard more people in Prague do speak German than English. Do you learn both languages at school in the Czech Republic? Ah, what a list! 4 gigs for next year! ;) Hm, in Europe I would like to visit Ireland and Sweden! But I guess Iceland is very nice as well. Last June my work-mate went to Iceland with his girlfriend for 3 weeks and the pictures he took were fabulous. :) Why do you have an urge to visit Iceland?
December 10, 200619 yr Magda, I heard more people in Prague do speak German than English. Do you learn both languages at school in the Czech Republic? Ah, what a list! 4 gigs for next year! ;) Hm, in Europe I would like to visit Ireland and Sweden! But I guess Iceland is very nice as well. Last June my work-mate went to Iceland with his girlfriend for 3 weeks and the pictures he took were fabulous. :) Why do you have an urge to visit Iceland? well, german is spread here pretty much. cause we were occupated by germans :P so everyone had to speak german.. and - at basic school you have to take either german or english, but at high school you must have 2 languages, and it's your decision whether you choose german or not ;) but a lot of people here speak german..
December 10, 200619 yr Ah, what a list! 4 gigs for next year! ;) Why do you have an urge to visit Iceland? Yep! And my bank balance has been battered, lol. Its worth it, theyre all my favourite bands! :dance: I dont know why I have the urge, but whenever I've been on a trans-atlantic flight, I always look at the little map on the tv screens and see Iceland. It's quite close to the UK, but noone ever talks about it...plus I had a teacher who visited and said it was good. lol!
December 10, 200619 yr Hehe, that sounds so good. I guess you really had a lot of fun with this project. :nice: Did you also find some tourists who did the same handshake? ;) Reminds me of a song: "The handshake seals the contract..........................":rolleyes:
December 10, 200619 yr Yep! And my bank balance has been battered, lol. Its worth it, theyre all my favourite bands! :dance: I dont know why I have the urge, but whenever I've been on a trans-atlantic flight, I always look at the little map on the tv screens and see Iceland. It's quite close to the UK, but noone ever talks about it...plus I had a teacher who visited and said it was good. lol! Icelanders are officially the happiest people in Europe!!:D
December 10, 200619 yr well' date=' german is spread here pretty much. cause we were occupated by germans :P so everyone had to speak german.. and - at basic school you have to take either german or english, but at high school you must have 2 languages, and it's your decision whether you choose german or not ;) but a lot of people here speak german..[/quote'] True, that's why asked about the languages. I'm still ashamed of the past of my country, you can't believe it. Hope this will never happen again somewhere on this planet. Do you speak German? I only know one Czech word but I don't mention it here. :P It begins with a k and ends with an a! :P Ah, nice story Kara! But that's what I like of these countries. No one often mention Iceland, Sweden etc, but they're very beautiful and not overcrowded.
December 10, 200619 yr you know' date=' northern england and wales are also very nice parts! just for a trip... again, and i'm going there exyctly after a year...[/quote'] true, dont forget liverpool and chester's lovely too. :nice:
Create an account or sign in to comment