✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parachutes Globe

ifeellowohno

Anybody have any idea where I can get a globe that looks similar to the one on the Parachutes album cover? I think it would be awesome to have one in my room and listen to coldplay at night in the dark with it rotating around the only light around. If not anyone have any ideas how i could light up a regular globe to look like it? Thanks a lot.

Don't quote me on this but I think I remember an interview or gig where Chris said they got it from "WHsmith" or other? Anyone sure?

Probably located in England, so I hope your church of Chris Martin is located somewhere around there. :wink:

Don't quote me on this but I think I remember an interview or gig where Chris said they got it from "WHsmith" or other? Anyone sure?

BAHaha, I quoted you. :D

Anyway, yup you're right, Vic. Here's a except from wikipedia (which of course we can all trust with our lives) :P :

The album cover for Parachutes contains a photograph of a globe personally taken by the band' date=' with a disposable Kodak camera. The globe had been purchased from W H Smith for £10; it was featured in the "Shiver" and "Don't Panic" music videos, and also accompanied the band on their tours.[/quote']

I do remember reading/hearing this in an interview somewhere, though I can't recall which one it was.

Graham - yeah he did say that, I remember it too. He said they had a whole bunch of them.

I remember seeing them yeeeears ago in WHSmiths, but they dont do them anymore (that style anyway, just colour ones) as far as I know.

Searching the internet is probably the best bet.

round about the bridge part you see that they're actually in the centre of the earth, not on the surface. it closes up and spins and then sparks come flying out...

sort of symbolic of the globe.

duh. im an idiot.:embarassed: thanks. i just was looking for the globe, like the actual globe. i was looking when they were in the house.:stunned:

^ I think it just looks like there's no writing on it because it's going round, you know.. Look at the album cover, the globe has just been "pushed" (damn, don't know how to express myself in English), that's why you can't see the writing.. Believe me, there MUST be a writing on it, a globe without anything on it wouldn't make any sense, haha

Weirdest thing ever happened on the way home. good but weird:wideeyed:.

We were driving thru Monroe and I spotted the Globe in someone's window! It was all lit up and pretty. I gasped! A Coldplay fan! then we passed this old factory, and there was a big white flag draped across with the words " Don't Panic!" spray painted on it!:inquisitive:

• 13 years later...

I realise I'm reviving a reaaally old thread but has anyone had any luck finding something similar since? I suddenly find myself with the urge to get one for my college room -- would be a really cool reference for those who get it, do the job of providing unobtrusive lighting, and not be generic like fairy lights. Would really appreciate any leads.

I easily bought one light globe by the Idena company few years ago and it's glowing every night in my room since then.

The stand is made of plastic, not wood as the original Parachutes globe though. But I'm very happy with it.

Idena_Leuchtglobus_Antik_Kiramodo_KM18576_01_600x600@2x.jpg71BoH1D7hlL._SY450_.jpg

The original light bulb broke pretty quickly after a month or so.

Then I swapped it with a bulb meant for fridges(!), luckily the lifespan of it is quite long.

• Like 3