✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nirvana

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt Cobain Monument Causes Stir

A granite marker honouring the memory of Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain is stirring controversy in the singer's home town of Aberdeen.

The monument at the unofficial Kurt Cobain riverfront park contains a number of quotes from the singer, including "holding my baby is the best drug in the world."

But the quote that's stirring controversy among the community is about drugs: "Drugs are bad for you. They will fuck you up."

Aberdeen City councilman Jerry Mills said the expletive on the monument is not OK.

Mills said the land is a city right of way and the city gave citizens permission and some help to build the park area, but he did not know profanity would be included on a monument donated to the project.

• 2 weeks later...

Nirvana’s “Bleach” Returns as 20th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Nirvana’s Bleach, Sub Pop Records will reissue the band’s 1989 debut album with as an expanded CD/double vinyl collection on November 3rd. Additionally, the reissued Bleach will feature an unreleased bonus live album called Live at Pine Street Theatre, recorded at the Portland, Oregon venue on February 9th, 1990. Both Bleach and the Pine Street show have been digitally remastered from the original tapes by Jack Endino, who produced Nirvana’s debut LP.

Pre-orders will soon be available at the Sub Pop, the home of Nirvana before the band made the major label jump to DGC for the legendary Nevermind. Bleach remains one of Sub Pop’s few platinum albums. Like the original run of Bleach on vinyl, the first-run of the reissued double-LPs will be printed on white vinyl. Also, the songs “Big Cheese” and “Downer” will feature on vinyl for the first time after being excised from the original LP release. Both the CD and the LP will be accompanied with a booklet looking back at the classic debut along with never-before-seen photographs of Kurdt Kobain and Chris Novoselic, as they called themselves in the album’s liner notes, along with pre-Grohl drummer Chad Channing.

As for Pine Street concert, half of Bleach is represented, along with Incesticide’s “Dive,” “Molly’s Lips” and “Been A Son,” a performance of “Spank Thru” from the Sub Pop 200 comp and a early live version of “Sappy,” or “Verve Chorus Verse” as it was called when it appeared as a secret song on 1993’s No Alternative benefit disc. Get the track list for the Bleach: Deluxe Edition below:

Bleach: Deluxe Edition

1. Blew

2. Floyd the Barber

3. About a Girl

4. School

5. Love Buzz

6. Paper Cuts

7. Negative Creep

8. Scoff

9. Swap Meet

10. Mr. Moustache

11. Sifting

12. Big Cheese

13. Downer

Live at Pine Street Theatre

1. Intro

2. School

3. Floyd the Barber

4. Dive

5. Love Buzz

6. Spank Thru

7. Molly’s Lips

8. Sappy

9. Scoff

10. About a Girl

11. Been a Son

12. Blew

I`m so happy!!!!!! :D

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/08/14/nirvanas-bleach-returns-as-20th-anniversary-deluxe-reissue/

Nirvana's final UK gig for CD, DVD release

Nirvana's final British concert at the 1992 Reading festival will reportedly be released on CD and DVD.

The grunge trio's headlining slot at the event has become one of the English festival's most famous performances, and was voted among the '100 Gigs That Shook The World' by Kerrang!.

Frontman Kurt Cobain stunned fans when he was pushed on stage in a wheelchair, wearing a hospital gown in a comedic reference to pre-gig rumours that he had been committed to a psychiatric hospital. He and bandmates Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic then played a set including a clutch of hits such as 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Lithium', 'Come As You Are', 'About A Girl', 'Polly' and 'All Apologies'.

The show has also since gone on to become one of the most bootlegged concerts in rock 'n' roll history. Nirvana Live At Reading will be issued on DVD, vinyl and CD in November, Contactmusic reports.

As previously reported, Nirvana's 1989 debut album Bleach will be re-released for its 20th anniversary.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a174872/nirvanas-final-uk-gig-for-cd-dvd-release.html

:D

• 3 weeks later...

to Kuss : never I hope to play !! :) I love Guitar Hero :guitarist:

Otherwise, the dvd of the Reading Festival show will be released (in France/Europe) in the middle of November ;) Hope we'll have more news soon ! But I ask at my music store this day and they just can say that ... Wait & See !

Yo! Rock on Nirvana :cool4: !!

to Kuss : never I hope to play !! :) I love Guitar Hero :guitarist:

Otherwise, the dvd of the Reading Festival show will be released (in France/Europe) in the middle of November ;) Hope we'll have more news soon ! But I ask at my music store this day and they just can say that ... Wait & See !

Yo! Rock on Nirvana :cool4: !!

hi Gui-Home42, me neither, but i saw someguy use kurt plays bon jovi!?:thinking:

and thanks ;) i cant wait either!! :D nirvana live kicks ass!!!:lol:

Hey!! i found this article some days ago:

Battle for Seattle fundraiser 9/30; Presidents reappearance

Attendees at the “Battle For Seattle” fundraiser at Seattle’s Crocodile Café on September 30, got a nice surprise at the end of the night — a reunion of the original lineup of the Presidents of the United States of America.

The event was a joint fundraiser for the campaigns of Mike McGinn (for mayor), Dow Constantine (for King County Executive), and Pete Holmes (for City Attorney). Each candidate spoke forcefully about their desire to help Seattle prosper as a music city, Constantine pointing out that aspiring musicians all yearn to play here.

The Maldives were the first to take the stage, playing ‘70s-style rawk that had them headbanging with abandon (there was a banjo player, but he couldn’t be heard). Their new album is appropriately titled Listen To The Thunder.

After a short break, the Presidents appeared, lead singer/basitarist Chris Ballew leaping around the stage as is his wont. Then former Krist Novoselic was welcomed to the stage, a Hello Kitty guitar at the ready, and he shredded his way through the Dick Dale classic “Miserlou.” The group then tackled the Ventures’ “Walk Don’t Run.” And the good time Presidents briefly morphed into a surf punk band.

The show was expectedly filled with some of the Presidents’ best known songs; “Kitty,” “Peaches,” and their take on “Video Killed The Radio Star.” During the second set, the lights went out and then came back on to reveal original guitbassist Dave Dederer on stage, and the band stormed into “Lump” (with current guitbassist Andrew McKeag on stage throughout). Further hilarity ensured, with the Presidents leaving their audience happy and exhausted

And some pics!! :laugh3:

kristpusa1.jpg

kristpusa2.jpg