✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nirvana

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to Nevermind right now...

come as you are and lithium sound so similar to me (musically speaking), and i'm not saying i don't like them, but ... *hides* i get confused when i listen one or the other because those two sound so similar to me. :confused:

come as you are and lithium don't sound like each other at all. the rifs in each song are different and very easy to distinguish.

"Aha. A cover versions soundcheck. So far we have had Blur (I think) and a blast of Nirvana. R#42

1:09 PM May 17th from Tweetie"

From TWITTER, soundcheck though, still cool though.

:shocked2: I didn`t know it!

ok ok i was beign honest, i don't really know why at some point my mind mixes those two songs :uhoh: i should try to make a mix of that and so you'll understand what i mean,

anyways as i've said it doesn't mean i don't like them.

Your mind is a mistery :laugh3: :thumbsup:

I found this article in a magazine :)

I have no doubt in my mind every famous musician who committed suicide either knew it was going to happen, or planned it well ahead of time. in the book by Christopher sandford, who almost dedicated his life to dig into Cobain's brain and see what he was thinking, he says this. "His greatest talent may have been good timing." Had the band made that CD two years earlier, not shit would have happened. I believe Cobain understood this, and may have thought that Nirvana wasn't really talented. The very next paragraph of this biography, the author then says "By the time Jimi Hendrix was 27, the age Cobain died, self-indulgence in drugs, groupies, and sheer boredom led him to a demoralizing crisis...This would have likely happened to Cobain,". This is my preview now here i go into detail.

Load up on guns

bring your friends- the song happiness is a warm gun by the beatles goes "And I feel my finger on your trigger,I know no one can do me no harm,Because happiness is a warm gun." This is a reference to shooting heroin which lead Kurt to suicide, it made him feel happy because he had stomach pains and heroin relieved it. so basically the song by the beatles is about shooting your friend up, and so is this line.

It's fun to lose and to pretend- your losing the war against heroin, but when your on it you feel great (reference to how it makes you feel good but it's really bad.)as we all know rockstars just get into drugs.

She's over bored and self assured

Oh no, I know a dirty word- This line is about a groupie. She's bored and cocky and he take's advantage of her. and if you don't get it, the dirty word is FUCK.

Hello, hello, hello, how low?

Hello, hello, hello - This is showing how immoral it is that he has sexual relations with a girl who just met him just because he plays good music.

With the lights out, it's less dangerous

Here we are now, entertain us - again showing how immoral it is to just sleep with a random girl because you have musical talent. Rockstar's typically turn the lights out while having sex with the groupie to avoid any feeling of love or attachment. Here we are now entertain us is flat out telling the girl to fuck him. hes saying how immoral the rockers life is.

A mulatto, an albino

A mosquito, my libido - a mulatto is a mixed person. albino is a white person obviously, and a mosquito is an animal obviously lol. Libido means sexual desire so this line is pretty much saying idc what you are as long as you fuck me bc of who i am. again showing how immoral a rockers life is and the lights out line comes back again.

I'm worse at what I do best

And for this gift I feel blessed- Like the psychologist i mentioned in this preview, Cobain's best talent was actually good timing. He's saying even though his good timing made him famous, his could also be the death of him so he's terrible at it. And for this gift i feel blessed is him being serious about it, yet not at the same time in the point he loves it yet hates it.

Our little group has always been

And always will until the end- him being negative and positive at the same time. As you know, all groups get all and forgotten he was saying that now he knew that his group would be famous because of their good timing, but they wont be forever and and always will until the end his just him saying how ignorance is bliss.

And I forget just why I taste

Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile- Talks about how even though a rockstar's life has perks, it also has downfalls. everything become's routine and life is just a run through.

I found it hard, it was to find

Oh well, whatever, nevermind - Even though no one who has my theory understand's the last line, i can interprept it clearly. He's saying how his talent was just luck "hard to find" and the last non-chorus word in this song is the CD that actually makes them famous...Nevermind...The CD that actually provide's him this kind of life.

song recap- as he ends the song he repeats in denial several times...He's saying that all this is great right now, but he knows how the future will end. Like all the other rockstar's... But it didn't end that way for Kurt, because he wouldn't let it. He killed himself at the age of 27, and joined the controversial club. They are considered the most popular band of the 90's and there music is still extrermely popular because at the time of Kurt's death the band was in it's prime...and will forever remain that way. This song is about how the rockstar fate always end's the same. Your only loved for your music then when that's gone there's nothing there to keep you spirit alive in someones eyes. Your known for your music but that's not who YOU are. and despite the rumors and how he claimed he didn't know what teen spirit was until after the song was out, that's a lie. he dated the girl and lived with her, he would have had to have seen the deodarant laying around somewhere. It was a cover up just like how pantera have been quoted saying cowboys from hell was there first CD...Muscians cover everything up to keep there status...just like teen spirit deodorant does... covers up the nastiness. He explains how every rocker gets old in this song and there music dies. his didn't and that's why he killed himself. He's now in the book with other famous musicians and not because of his greatest talent getting lucky timing, but making good music

^ well, the line here we are now, entertain us...is not about fuckin a girl, it was a line kurt used to say when he walked into parties. also i have seen many documentaries that said that a girl kurt hung out with wrote kurt smells like teen spirit on the wall and that he didn't actually know it was a deotorant. This article is probably some guy just making shit up off the top of his head.

^ well, the line here we are now, entertain us...is not about fuckin a girl, it was a line kurt used to say when he walked into parties. also i have seen many documentaries that said that a girl kurt hung out with wrote kurt smells like teen spirit on the wall and that he didn't actually know it was a deotorant. This article is probably some guy just making shit up off the top of his head.

:confused: I don´t know . . . I will try to get more info.

But maybe you´re right about this article.

Has anybody seen the new SPIN magazine with Green Day on the cover? It has a lot of info on Nirvana from an "inside" source.

Anyways, on the cover, it advertises that it has RARE and UNSEEN photographs, which most actually happen to be in the book, Cobain Unseen (i have this book) :D

I don´t have the magazine but maybe you have it . . . :)