🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Tour de France

Space Cadet

Just out of curiosity, does anyone on here follow the tour?

I do somewhat- my dad used to race many years ago, so he's still really into cycling.

It's turning out to be a strange year. Lance Armstrong has retired and his biggest rivals including Jan Ulrich have been dropped over a drug scandal, so it's anyone's race, really.

Even my favorite rider Stewart O'Grady doesn't have much of a chance at the green jersey after he had an accident a few days ago and fractured a vertebrae- ouch!- although he's still riding.

yeah, i follow it very closely because Tom Boonen is belgian and i want him to win the green jersey. I also like the days in the Alps because its always impressive to see how they really 'die' on those mountains.

And i think its a good thing that they didn't let Ullrich, Basso, Mancebo etc. start because this way they really show that they are intolerant considering the drugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Landis won the Yellow Jersey .. I'm quite happy for him cause I think its amazing what he did on the last Alps

McEwen won the Green Jersey .. don't like that too much because I wanted Tom Boonen to win but he quit so it doesn't matter

Rasmusses won the Polka-Dot Jersey .. I'm very happy for him, what he did at the second alps was amazing, offensive for 130 km and 60 km all alone ... that's amazing

I don't mind too much about the White Jersey (i think Cunego won that one) because it doesn' t mean anything important i think ...

and finally: Thor Hushovd won on the Champs-Elysées. Quite amazing how he passed Robbie McEwen i think.

I'm so happy Landis won. He blew my mind the whole tour, riding with a dead arthritic hip just ignoring the pain the whole way. And then to blow the whole field away on the last day of the alps like that... just wow. :cool:

I don't mind too much about the White Jersey (i think Cunego won that one) because it doesn' t mean anything important i think ...

The white jersey is for the best young rider. It's like the yellow jersey for the under 25 crowd, because most cyclists who win the yellow are in their thirties.

They will show it here anyway. The belgian people will always be crazy about the Tour and I still think its nice to see how these sportsmen can really 'die' on the alps. Its just sick that they use drugs to be better than they actually are.

I also think Armstrong used them. Nobody can win the Tour 7 times in a row with a normal human body.

hehe.....well especially here in my area people are more interested about it than before sicne the team gerolsteiner takes part in it...because Gerolstein is a town in my area....

but this year...I don't know how crazy people in germany were about it.....first because of the world cup...and second because of this drug scandal with Jan Ullrich...

and i think you are right about Armstrong...

haha......after landis had won the tour a reporter aksed him "Why do always the americans win?"

yeah...now we know why...:rolleyes:

:laugh4: indeed we know now.

yeah, you still have Jan Ullrich as a good german rider. We only have Tom Boonen and he quit .. just like last year. This year even without winning once.

Of course we also have Axel Merckx but all he got to do is help Landis win the Tour and now that Landis used drugs he won't be a hero here either.

ahh where is the time that Eddy Merckx won everything. He won sprints, he won in the mountains .. once he won the green, polka-dot and yellow jersey all at once...

hwehe...this year we also had Andreas Klöden....just strange that just some days before the end of the tour some thought Klöden will win it...and then very sudden Mr Landis had good times again.....:thinking:

yup, this tour is messed up because the winner used drugs ... i think they should make these laws more strict. if someone used drugs he should never be allowed to ride again. These drugs are just screwing the beautiful sport.