✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female bands/singers..which one's should I listen to?

Sweet One

Hey guys! I'm really bored today..so i'm thinking about downloading some music...can anyone suggest FEMALE bands or singers that i should be listening to? How about songs?

I already have PJ Harvey and Tori Amos? Anyone else worth listening to??

Thanks guys! :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Dido! I am looking forward to her new album which comes out in spring 2003.

And Laura, check out Lisa Miskovsky, a great Swedish singer, and Emiliana Torrini who sounds like a lighter version of Björk!

Also Natalie Imbruglia and Portishead are great! And Alanis Morissette sometimes (your fellow Canadian musician...).

Garbage is also worth listening to. :wink:

i was just about to type pj harvey over and over again but you've beaten me to it. :lol: do you recommend tori amos then? i don't know any of her stuff :oops: i've just started listening to bjork as well. 8)

I do recommend listening to Tori Amos. If you wanna hear some great songs, download:

1) Spark (a very good song)

2) Playboy Mommy (one of my faves!)

3) Northern Lad (a great piano song)

For those of you who know Tori, you probably know that these all come from "the choirgirl hotel", which is an absolute fave of mine!!

:wink:

All you want, it's a good song.

And Laura don't forget Sarah Slean, what about Sarah Harmer (do you like her? i don't know her stuff).

Sarah Slean? Of course I remembered her!! Her song is the inspiration behind my SN....yay!!

Sarah Harmer is okay..i used to love her but I don't listen to her as much anymore...

And i have the Dido album already...i've played it waaaaay too much!!

i was just about to type pj harvey over and over again but you've beaten me to it. :lol: do you recommend tori amos then? i don't know any of her stuff :oops: i've just started listening to bjork as well. 8)

I do recommend listening to Tori Amos. If you wanna hear some great songs, download:

For those of you who know Tori, you probably know that these all come from "the choirgirl hotel", which is an absolute fave of mine!!

Laura, are you going to the Tori Amos concert on the 22nd of Nov? I am going because a friend of mine loves her, I am not so familiar with her stuff. I will go download those.

i have no idea why but im not all that into female singers

i used to be into tori amos.......and now i've been listening to a lot of bjork...i used to then i kind of got over her now i'm back...haha

try kittie....haha i bet you heard of them...theyre canadian....i only like the song charlotte though all the others are kinda uh i dont know

can't find any of them at the moment - but i'm in the process of downloading a few other ones. - butterfly (with bjork), silent all these years, and time. but i'll keep looking out for the other 3 :shock:

Laura, are you going to the Tori Amos concert on the 22nd of Nov? I am going because a friend of mine loves her, I am not so familiar with her stuff. I will go download those.

I am not going to the Tori Amos concert...I'm really sad though, I really wanted to see her live, but I'll be away that day!! Oh my luck!!

:cry:

Sweet

AIMEE MANN!!! :shock:

I loove Aimee Mann!!! :D have you listened to the "Magnolia" soundtrack??? She did a majority of the songs, and they're some of my fave!!!!

I think she was in T.O like last night or something, but i didn't go...i had no idea that she was even coming..i'm sad now :cry:

Sweet

try kittie....haha i bet you heard of them...theyre canadian....i only like the song charlotte though all the others are kinda uh i dont know

I saw them in a restaurant once. It was very strange because it was a nice restaurant, and these four girls come in with bright hair and crazy clothes. Everyone was looking at them. And then I saw them on tv the next day. I don't really like them.

That's it.

Well. I suppose I am a newbie to this sort of music!!! :shock: I have Dido's album and I like what Tori Amos I have heard. I like Radiohead but don't have any albums, yet!!! 8)

I recently bought Norah Jones album, Come Away With Me", and I am probably going to get slated for this but I think she has a beautiful voice and I don't really care if she is country or jazz....I just think she's brill!!!:wink:

I second that. I think Norah Jones has an amazing voice. As for Radiohead: You have to get The bends and O.k computer. Those are really amazing albums!! In my opinion the best they recorded so far. And Thom's voice in The tourist....Ah, I'm turning into jelly!

Well. I suppose I am a newbie to this sort of music!!! :shock: I have Dido's album and I like what Tori Amos I have heard. I like Radiohead but don't have any albums, yet!!! 8)

I recently bought Norah Jones album, Come Away With Me", and I am probably going to get slated for this but I think she has a beautiful voice and I don't really care if she is country or jazz....I just think she's brill!!!:wink:

Oh yeah!! Norah Jones..I already downloaded some of her songs, but i agree with you..she's got an amazing voice!!! :)

:shock: You agree with me. That's it I love you all! I was ready for a battering then. I was dreading coming in this thread but I should have known you would all be lovely! :D

I agree with jane it is very Sundayish. I sort of daydream when I listen and imagine my life like in films where there is music in the background and it has like a montage of good and bad things in my life. :wink: God, that sounds cheesy!!!