✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female bands/singers..which one's should I listen to?

Sweet One

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some awesome female artists:

Sarah McLachlan

Chantal Kreviazuk (Wow, you guys like her too? Awesome!)

Dido

Jewel

Fiona Apple

Sarah Slean (Again - so glad to meet other Coldplayers who like her)

Tori Amos

Nina Gordon

Danielle Spencer

Tara MacLean

Melanie Doane

It's quite a long list, lol.

Bryana

Sarah McLachlan

Dido

Jewel

Fiona Apple

Tori Amos

Nina Gordon

Danielle Spencer

Tara MacLean

Melanie Doane

Bryana

I looove Sarah Slean...I'm named after her song "Sweet Ones" .lol..

my sister loves dido (but then i think she loves shania twain too :shock: ) i really like the song "all i want" (i think that's what it's called) :)

she was really popular to start with, at least her album was, but i think she's gone a bit too quiet now and people have forgotten about her.

my sister loves dido (but then i think she loves shania twain too :shock: ) i really like the song "all i want" (i think that's what it's called) :)

she was really popular to start with, at least her album was, but i think she's gone a bit too quiet now and people have forgotten about her.

yeah i agree i never really notice her get big i guess thats because i never listened to her....the last time i actually heard from here was when they played that eminem song with her in it all the time.

Sarah McLachlan

Dido

Jewel

Fiona Apple

Tori Amos

Nina Gordon

Danielle Spencer

Tara MacLean

Melanie Doane

Bryana

I looove Sarah Slean...I'm named after her song "Sweet Ones" .lol..

LAURA, Bryana goes to Unionville Secondary! And I go to Thornlea! We all live so close!

Just wanted to add that.

Thank you to everyone who has mentioned Norah Jones. I just recently bought her album and she is amazing. It was definately her voice which struck me first, but its really refreshing to see someone like her doing so well compared to all these pop sluts who are everywhere.

Tori Amos....what can i say? She's wicked, cant wait to see her next year. "Spark" is an amazing track.

Dido is wicked too, hope she brings out some new stuff soon. Mary J Blige is awesome too, great performer.

You got great taste peeps :-)

• 3 weeks later...

i agree, Norah Jones is great. Id recommend Ani difranco, her lyrics are really amazing and Sarah Mclachlan because she's got a really dreamy wistful voice and her songs are really emotional. I especially like the songs 'angel' and 'full of grace' and 'the last dance'.

• 3 weeks later...

female musicians

hey there-

love Sara mclachlan her album "fumbling towards ecstacy" is really good. Highly recommend. Like fiona Apple her first cd "tidal" is very good. Love that title so clever so her. Her second is good but the first is much better. Ever heard of Mazzy Star??Hope Sandoval has an amazing voice. Very cool sound. Love the ladies. Like Nina Gordon she's from that band can't remember it at the moment but it was her and another girl singer did the band start with an S???? can't remember. Going to be getting Norah very soon can't wait. Love her voice. Love Portishead and Garbage. Will have to check out the other ladies. Ani is cool love that song of hers or I am drawing a blank i guess it's time to get her music out again. I have the "living in clip" oh the song is "dilate" god that is powerful. So have been there!!!!haven't got any female music lately. Love pj she is so awesome. has anyone ever heard of Nina Nastasia? so tempted to get her cd her song "as is" or something like that is sooo cool.. love this site. so glad i found it. :-D

veruca salt that's the name of the band I was trying to remember.

i forgot Billie Holliday and of course Tori Amos! Her first album is the best!! " little earthquakes" she can really write songs and poety. She is a poetess a goddess!!!

Holly

tori amos is great!!

leander, I just love your quote. So true.

I like Neko Case to i have her 2nd album the one with "burn bridges" and that wire song. How is her first album? the virginian i'm tempted to get that one. I like her lots. sorry i forgot about her. Also Liz Phair she's great to her first album is AWESOME! so in your face.

Women are just too cool!!!!

Holly :-D

leander, I just love your quote. So true.

I like Neko Case to i have her 2nd album the one with "burn bridges" and that wire song. How is her first album? the virginian i'm tempted to get that one. I like her lots. sorry i forgot about her. Also Liz Phair she's great to her first album is AWESOME! so in your face.

Women are just too cool!!!!

Holly :-D

I agree hollybelle....women RULE!!!!!!!! :-D 8)