✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is The Weirdest/Funniest Thing You Know About Coldplay?

TheShotOne

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmph...I guess my topic is stale to you all, eh? Plenty of people around here that find sockless feet to be normal? Or do you all just not believe me?

No probs!

Well, I read once again the article.

(it deals with his life in the public school where he was):

"(...) His Life at Sherborne (the school) sounds by turns idyllic and terrifying. On the one hand there were encouraging teachers and time and space to write music. On the other hand, Martin spent his early teens concealing a fear that he might be gay.

(Chris, talking about himself, in that school):

"You hide your vulnerabilities aged 14 because people will use them against you. And being gay at public school is all you'd imagine it to be -a fucking nightmare. I was 16 when I finally felt confident I wasn't. But the homophobia was pretty intense"

So here you are guys. These are the reasons.

This is funny. OK, I think my Coldplay obsession is revitalized in reading and writing about this topic. I went through a short period where I thought I might have been gay.

I know this is about me and not about Coldplay, but I am offering a male's perspective about this. In college, there aren't really any dress codes (and makes for some attractive sights), so the eyes of mine tend to be checking out those attractive sights if you know what I mean. There are instances when sitting down by myself on campus and just relaxing or eating lunch and rumps tend to be right in my line of view and I feel like a pervert sometimes for checking females out. I decided to just sort of go with the Barry Sanders eyes, and when she was <--THERE, my eyes were HERE-->and vice versa and the more I did this in this stretch, the more I felt like I may have been gay. I have come to the conclusion that I am not though, and feel just fine for "just looking"--heh....So, I can understand where he may be coming from in this quote if it is true.

I know lots of Coldplay things but I guess the wierdest would be Jonny and Guy wear theirs to the left :wink3:...maybe not so much wierd as pervy. :sneaky: OK, I know I'm not the only one that noticed, but I'm most likely the one to admit it in public. :laugh3:

ohmy1lc5.jpg

dscf0425su2.jpg

what do you mean Jonny and Guy wear theirs to the left ? sorry i don't understand.:)

HAHA! I never ever noticed that before... But that's really funny and interesting to know...

Listen2Coldplay I wear no shoes and socks a lot of the time as well... I'm a bare foot person - I even walk around outside bare foot, I once walked home from school bare foot... I only wear socks if I'm wearing shoes and I only wear shoes if I need to/want to. I guess Chris wasn't wearing any when you saw him especially because his feet would have been all sweaty and yuck..

It was 22 though..

To Emma something with an H..

I forgot her last name..

Shes a teacher though, and Sparks is for her.

to that, all i say is AWW.

...AWW.

and i can't believe you guys are talking about where they wear their - ! :laugh3: :laugh3:

Well yes, thinking they are music's saviours is kind of odd.

I think the subjects they studied at universaty are funny, because it's not really 'cool' to study anciant world history, astronomy and maths, anthropology or engineering.

Just thinking about studying maths... urgh.

It's funny as well because it's so unconventional, they actually did not study arts, English literature, philosophy or music or something like that.

Also, erm, that Chris is friends with Till Lindemann.