✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are they worth to you?

fudge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've never considered listening anything NEW until I heard Coldplay...because when I listen to sth, it must be damn good for me. And such things are so difficult to find.

I listen to Dido...she has one of the greatest voices of all times (if U ask me), and that seemed enough.

But when I saw SOS video, I realized there are some non-U2 bands on this world/ meaning-their music's a bit not too cliche ...so guess Coldplay was an eye-opener.

But I was also happy to find their songs are not all alike...they're so different (in lyrical sense & musical)..

Guess that's what I like about them the most.

:happy:

So, when I listen to sth...I listen to it. :confused:

"With all my Heart"

Hey' date=' I'm female! Plus gel is the most disgusting thing ever... I never get why any boy would think it makes him look good. You know these boys that got awesome soft hair and then put all the shit into it? Urgh...[/quote']

I'm one of them :P

You wanna know why*?

You have to see me in the morning! :lol:

My hair's not obediant. It goes in all directions...so I need to calm it.

Or I'd look like a monster.

But I don't put much gel.

Hey' date=' I'm female! Plus gel is the most disgusting thing ever... I never get why any boy would think it makes him look good. You know these boys that got awesome soft hair and then put all the shit into it? Urgh...[/quote']

ha...i agree with you. i am boy and i hate gel. Why not like Coldplay band members let their hair looks nature?:)

Eh, that below wasnt meant for brazzo of course (what s your name?)

See, that is where you are wrong! That's what my brother and the guys from school say as well hair is so cute when it's all messed. I know that's at least mine and my friends opinion. It's so cute that you just want to put your hand in it.

See' date=' that is where you are wrong! That's what my brother and the guys from school say as well hair is so cute when it's all messed. I know that's at least mine and my friends opinion. It's so cute that you just want to put your hand in it.[/quote']

Well...I have my taste.

It may be a tasteless thing to do for you...but I'm hooked to gel.

It's a life saviour...my hair's messy even when I put gel.

Less messy is what I am aiming for.

It's been a long time since I've started using it.

But as I said...I don't use it TOO much.

I've seen those guys whose hair's like amde of gel!

I'm not one of those.

coldplay and especially chris....i can't say more that that..but...

i really love the song 'speed of sound....'

I was in difficult times since last 3 yrs from 2004 and it saved me like anything especially their new single 'speed of sound' when it was released in 2005 and also 'talk...' by listening to chris' voice i used to forget my troubles....like as if nothing is happened:rolleyes: ....

especially when i saw 'talk' video :) i can't say how i felt..oh that melted me like anything...the robot and chris interaction especially from beginning of song..to middle..when chris climbs on robot...to last until it swallows their space ship....oh lovely video that is....

and The Parachutes oh no...it never makes me miss anything such..romantic ...it is....if i feel anything i missed i feel that i am missing chris...because he is not there with me while i am listening it and also he is not there with me when i am dreaming about him at night oh....god...

whenever i listen 'SPARKS' from PARACHUTES i feel like i miss him:kiss: ..and that's my favorite album of all time in music.

coldplay are much more than a band to me.

i don't wanna sound stupid, but they've changed me and my moral aspects.

yeah, i like them. a lot.

they just express what i feel like when i'm in certain situations.

thank god, they exist...

It's the same here...

It's like Coldplay was sth I was waiting for since ages...

They gave me sth, thanks to them, I started to write poems, to play guitar (still a beginner, though!)

They really changed my mind, my life, the way I see things... everything, they changed everything!

Never heard of Coldplay until Live 8. Too busy with family matters. I'm an older fan and they saved my sanity when my mother died suddenly and I was left as sole caregiver for my father,who died 8 months later.:cry: I can't explain what they mean to me. Some might think I'm too old but age is just a state of mind. Although Chris is more well known, I think the rest of the band are comfortable with that, up to a point. Chris takes a lot of shit the others don't have to deal with. I notice he interacts with all the band now, not just Jonny.

Coldplay is the best group for me ( after the guys from Liverpool). I just live even a day without listening to " I Ran Away", I feel as if this song is exactly for me, I love this group very much, but unfortunately there are some songs, which I don't have (Animals, Proof and so on):cry: . If anybody helps me to have them, I'd be very glad.:)

I already posted but I forgot to mention...I've played guitar for alot of years now, and it's my love of coldplay that brought me back to playing and writing on the piano. I know they've done that for alot of musicians and it means alot to me because the songs I've written on piano over the last couple of years are my favorites of mine!:kiss:

I wish I had been a fan since the beginning instead of only coming in during X&Y but I guess things happen for a reason. But even though I've only been a fan for about 18 months or so, I love Coldplay completely. They're my first and only favourite band ever.

Admittedly, I haven't been through much heartache or anything in my life, so I can't say that they have a song that speaks to me or anything... but at the same time, I can be so angry and upset and I can be crying my heart out and if I just think about Coldplay or listen to their music, I calm down almost instantly. I don't know where I'd be in life without them because they've seriously helped me discover who I am. As silly as that sounds.

this is nearly exactly how i feel as well. my mom got AROBTTH when it came out, but i was in 7th grade and was young and stupid, so while i liked it and thought it was good, i didnt care about music. i dont really remember much of what i cared about, actually, since almost all of the things im into now weren't part of my life back then. and i looked funny too. i didnt get really into coldplay until i saw the speed of sound vid last april (the only song i had on my ipod of theirs was clocks until x&y came out), but i dont think that makes me any less of a fan. i love them more than any other current band out there (the beatles will always be number one, though, but i must say that coldplay are pretty much exactly tied).

simlarly, i havent had any huge, traumatic event in my life, or really much of anything big to complain about. i wish i could say that coldplay really helped me through some tough time or something, but the truth is they havent, not because they're not capable of it but because i havent needed them to yet. and that doesnt mean they mean any less to me than anyone else, either. and just because someone's had a cushy upbringing doenst mean theyre permanently happy, either, so coldplay's meant a lot during the little bumps in the road.

speed of sound was the first song i really loved of theirs, but yellow is the first one i connected with. i love it because chris freely admits its written about platonic, friendship-love, and that's the kind i have most in my life. my grade is really small, 39 people, and the bond we all have with each other is amazing, and yellow seems to be written about that. and so many of their songs seem to fit my life and my emotions and my experiences so perfectly that its almost creepy. they express feelings and emotions in their lyrics that ive been trying to put into words for years.

for me, X&Y, specifially the speed of sound single, was simply a door that led me to the greatness that is coldplay, for while im not an X&Y hater, i think all their earlier stuff is better.

i cannot express what they mean to me. i would do anything for them to keep creating music for years to come.

Well, the first band that I started to like was coldplay. And I can say that it's my favorite one forever and ever. Coldplay was the first band that made me go to a music store and buy an album... Before that, I used to listen just to my mom's favorites bands like Beatles, Rolling Stones... I clearly see myself listening to them in 10 years.. Their songs seems to fit perfectly in some moments of our lives...It's like the songs were writen for us, for those certain moments... It's hard to explain, but they made me see some things with different eyes...

When I'm sad, I just put parachutes, arobtth or X&Y to run... While listening to them, I realize that things could be worse and see the light in the end of the tunnel... It's amazing how their music can put a big smile upon my face everytime I listen do it...

Currently I'm not even sure what they mean to me and what they meant to me....I only know they meanT a lot to me....but currently they don't anymore...maybe there are some particular songs I can relate to right now but that's it....it seems as if I have lost the biiiiiiiig love to them that I once "felt"......I still listen to them....and I still like them,......but only as a band like all the others....only sometimes I get the feeling of loving them (e.g. when I listen to clocks, warning sign or brothers and sisters)......

I don't even know why this happened....probably because of this disappointment of X&Y......or because I just got tired of them.....or maybe because I was never such a REAL fan as some others are on here.....haha or maybe even because I come to this board everyday and want to see something else besides Coldplay-....maybe this board made me tired of them.....(Ok this seems to be a bit far fetched.....:P).......or because I am just tired of lyrics like "if you never try then you never know...." etc......

I don't know.......but what I know is that they have meant a lot to me.....I can't tell you details now because I only could if it was still like that.........ä

maybe one day the Coldplay love will come back.....

maybe I've changed too much to still love them,....I DON'T KNOW!:uhoh:

aw that's a shame.

Know what you mean about the lyrics tho!

"when you try your best but you don't succeeeeeeeed" lol

'What if' gets me the worst. I really HATE the lyrics in that! It ruins the song for me. Played live it's actually an ok song. I like the kind of Sgt Pepper crescendo at the end.

Oh god.....I hope it gets better! I was listening to The Scientist the other day and those lyrics are just so great!