✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying.com T-shirt

mc_squared

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^it depends where we get the shirts from, too early to know prolly.

producing in bulk is cheaper me thinks and we get the sizes in small, medium and large. we could ask (in a poll) what size ppl here wear and order more of one size or less depending on the poll. i'td also give a good idea on how many of us are interested. but it is true we would need someone to handle paying, maybe we could have ppl pay beforehand (paypal?) and then have them made, so that one person won't get stuck paying for everything if ppl don't come through.

my 2 cents!

• 2 weeks later...
^it depends where we get the shirts from, too early to know prolly.

producing in bulk is cheaper me thinks and we get the sizes in small, medium and large. we could ask (in a poll) what size ppl here wear and order more of one size or less depending on the poll. i'td also give a good idea on how many of us are interested. but it is true we would need someone to handle paying, maybe we could have ppl pay beforehand (paypal?) and then have them made, so that one person won't get stuck paying for everything if ppl don't come through.

my 2 cents!

Yes I think we should collect a certain amount of money from everyone that is interested in purchasing one...so that way no one has to fork out the money etc...

There is? That makes life easier. Pre-selling is definitely the way to go. It's how I want to pay for the run of CDs. That way, even if we only sell enough to pay for them, no one person is losing money. Alot of bulk printing outfits do make 3 or 4 sizes in an order, and if we want our names on them, most cities have sport logo shops etc. that do that sort of work. So, whether we use csfepress or something else, there are options

The $1.36 promo idea is a good one, but it would be nice to see 'Coldplaying Charity CLub' nice and big on there somewhere, so that, as Mark said, we could spot one another at shows. Just my 2 cents.:) I'm really glad this thread's still alive!

Yes, there is already a PayPal acct setup for the CCC which can be used if we decide to do bulk orders. As it has been pointed out, having tshirt buyers pay in advance seems like the only way to go. However, if people feel uncomfortable with this idea, I have set up a Cafepress store (actually set it up months ago when this idea was first tossed around!). It certainly would be easier in terms of shipping out the shirts, etc as Cafepress would take care of that aspect. The store is ready and waiting on stand by if we decide to use it. Prices seems to be main thing we need to agree upon.

Assuming we do use Cafepress, below are some of the clothing items we may be interested in producing (ignore the mock up designs on the shirts...those are NOT what we'll be using! :P). The prices shown are the BASE PRICES. An additional cost would be added so that some of the proceeds can go to the CCC. How much OVER base price is everyone willing to pay? And which items are you interested in?

Something else to keep in mind is that if we DO use Cafepress we could have many designs available for purchase, as opposed to bulk orders in which we would be limited to ordering many shirts of one particular design. Just something else to think about.

cafepresssc0.png

Edit: I think I might have mentioned it before, but we can also do customized 'user name' shirts on Cafepress at no additional cost. Am I pushing for Cafepress? :P Maybe just a little!

Here is some more useful information to consider:

Bulk pricing on Cafepress (15+ shirts): http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/help_bulkpricing.aspx

^^ This looks promising! There are some significant discounts on some items. Granted, someone would still have the hassle of mailing out the bulk orders....but hey! if it saves us some money.....(rather, if a larger percentage of the profits can go to the CCC and not Cafepress).....I'm for it.

I found this in answer to your question, mc_squared (Mark, right?? :P):

"Do you ship internationally?"

Yes, we do ship to most international locations. All orders are shipped via UPS and take anywhere from 8 to 14 business days for delivery, depending on your shipping address. Please refer to the following link for our international shipping prices and delivery times: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/shipping.aspx#5

"I live in another country; do I need to pay customs or taxes?"

You may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.

Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from CafePress.com, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.

Customs forms for all international packages list the value of your order's contents by product type. For instance, orders containing T-Shirts, Mugs, and Mousepads will be listed in a way similar to the following example:

T-Shirt value: $15.99

Mug value: $ 10.99

Mousepad value: $10.99

:stunned: You've gotta be kidding!! Do people only use cash for everything where you live, including wages??:confused:

How do you pay for your internet/telephone access??

no I'm not kidding... even if bank account and credit cards are really popular here.. I mdon't have any of them neither my parents.. we use local credit cards which can't be used in things like internet shopping..

and we pay the internet and telephone access with cash every month

no I'm not kidding... even if bank account and credit cards are really popular here.. I mdon't have any of them neither my parents.. we use local credit cards which can't be used in things like internet shopping..

and we pay the internet and telephone access with cash every month

Well that's extremely unusual in this day and age!!:o