✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying.com T-shirt

mc_squared

There have been various T-shirt ideas in the past which haven't come to fruition for one reason or another, so I thought maybe we could have another go on behalf of CCC.

I always thought it would be great for there to be a Coldplaying.com T-shirt which would set us apart from other Coldplay fans at gigs etc.

It wouldn't need to be anything sophisticated - as long as "Coldplaying.com" was clearly visible, this would be enough. Maybe "CCC" could be incorporated too.

As an extra touch, each member could maybe personalise their T-shirt by having their username printed on the back after purchasing it.

Any profits from the T-shirt could go directly to the CCC. It'd be great if we could get every member to buy one.

So if anyone has any ideas how this could be designed, produced and made available for purchase, please post them here.

It'd be great if we could finally make this work - and for a good cause this time.

So what does everyone think? It's feedback time!!:cool:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Designs...

Well i know no-one can get it right first time, but these are my first attempts at the T-Shirt designs so far... sorry theyre so big:

[ATTACH]21076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21078[/ATTACH]

Here they are smaller:

[ATTACH]21079[/ATTACH]

If u dont think its too bad :rolleyes: , i can make some adjustments to make it better.

The point of the space underneath "MY NAME IS" is so u can write your own name.

I could do more variations, or maybe just one variation. Maybe i've got it completely wrong, so im already thinking of making the word COLDPLAYER more obvious.

i dunno:) . I was also thinking if u want a design for the back of the t-shirt, thats where i was thinking of putting the CCC logo.

Give me advice, ill see what i can do;) .

I love the t-shirt idea. Especially since we (Lune, an_cat, frosty and I) have entertained that thought a few times.

There's a few ways I know we can go about it.. one is through eBay's "Giving Works" listings. It's basically a fundraiser program (supported by MissionFish) that certifies us as a charity organization and since we can promote ourselves with that program, any person (not just us from CPing) can purchase if they're interested. There's a few other benefits too, they have the specifics here. There's a lot of things to consider with this option though, and we'd have to get the CCC certified by eBay/MissionFish.

Another way is using eBay without the Giving Works program. I'm thinking it'll be more or less the same thing, except we won't be able to promote our listing and no tax deductibles.

And there's cafepress, which is like a marketplace that allows you to create or design a product using their template, so to speak. But they have some pricey base prices.. it could get expensive, depending on what we use.

Anyone knows of others?

Edit: Oh! And Nadia had created these tshirts once. I made some but those flunked the Debs test! :lol:

(click to enlarge - or here & here to see the posts)

1168926896.png1168926874.jpg1168926857.jpg1168926826.jpg1168926909.png

lunarblacknk1.th.jpglunarwhitezy5.th.jpg

There's only one correction for these, the "yeah we do's" in the logo have to go, but that's easily fixable.

^I think the above designs are great, but would like "Coldplaying.com" to be in large, bold letters on the front of the shirt. Could you tinker around with this??

It would be fantastic if we could get every active Coldplaying member to agree to buy a shirt. Each member could then have their username printed on the back afterwards.

What's really needed are ideas about bulk printing and worldwide distribution of T-shirts. Can anyone help in this respect?

I'm not sure if this option has been looked at. Zazzle.com is another site that allows you to create products like mugs, t-shirts, caps.

http://www.zazzle.com/cr/default

*From thier FAQ section:

How much do these custom t-shirts cost?

Less than what you would think for a customized product. A Basic T-shirt is only $14.95, and our Value T-shirt starts at $10.95. Buy 2 and you immediately get 5% off each one - even with different styles or designs! The more you buy the more you save. You can also save an additional 10% by becoming a contributor and publishing your product to our marketplace for others to purchase.

Well.. our lovely Nadia set the standard, I just re-posted and clicked submit! :lol:

All credits to her :wink:

How much do these custom t-shirts cost?

Less than what you would think for a customized product. A Basic T-shirt is only $14.95, and our Value T-shirt starts at $10.95. Buy 2 and you immediately get 5% off each one - even with different styles or designs! The more you buy the more you save. You can also save an additional 10% by becoming a contributor and publishing your product to our marketplace for others to purchase.

Yay suggestions! :D

But unforch, their base prices are kinda costy :embarassed: Just imagine if we make all the shirts with the Value Tee, we'd have to sell them at nearly $16 just to raise $5. Cafepress is slightly cheaper, but it's still too much for just a tee. Producing the shirts in bulk would be our best bet, but I'm not sure how we'd get our screennames printed on them that way. I think we can only get them customized with sites like Zazzle and Cafepress, and even then it'd be tricky to get every one of our names on a shirt.

What we can do, is just print everyone's name who's in the club (or otherwise if they let us know) on the back of the shirt and that way we can still do production in bulk and no special customization is needed.

Hi guys! I'm so glad there is still an interest to print some tees! I've wanted this to happen for a long time!

I've done some research into this in the past (the first time it was discussed as a CCC project), and from what I gather, our best bet is to go with cafepress. I know they are a bit spendy, but compared to other 'cafepress-esque' sites out there, they are actually below avg. for prices...and they have quite a large product selection. We can make pins, magnets, mouse pads, etc.

The problem with ordering in bulk is that you usually have to make the bulk order in one size. Customization fees for names on the back can be quite expensive too on the bulk order sites that I've checked. Also, one person would have to be in charge of shelling out the money for the order.....I don't mind doing this, but if people start backing out, well.....that can get messy really quickly.

I've started working on another t-shirt design (not yet finished) that relates to Zali (our sponsored child). I'm going to add something about The $1.36 Campaign on there too. I don't like it as much as my other ones.......but its just a start. Mali and Zali just sound so cool together! I guess it doesn't make much sense to an 'outsider' at first glance.....but it would prompt questions and we'd get the chance to spread the word about the $1.36 Campaign. :nice:

malizalishirt1nj2.th.png malizalishirtcafepresszn7.th.png

If we did cafepress, it would be basically like an online store. We can have as many designs as we'd like....

EDIT: Oooo, just thought of it, but we can easily do "personalized" shirts on cafepress. We'd basically have to make up an individual shirt graphic for each person who wants their name on the back, but I don't think it costs any extra to print front and back on cafepress. Yippie.