🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Premiership/Championship/English football leagues thread 2007-08 Season

Black Rose

As the 2006-07 is nearly over, it's time to create a new "catch-all" thread for transfer news, manager sackings/hirings, take-overs, and generally any-other news/results.

So...

Who will become the Man City manager, will it be Sven-Goran Eriksson

_42971901_eriksson_203.jpg

Claudio Ranieri?

_42936773_claudio203.jpg

Gerard Houllier?

_42972117_houllier203.jpg

Or Brucie?

BRUFOR_h250.jpg

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reo-Coker demands Upton Park exit

_42975245_reocoker203getty.jpg

Reo-Coker does not want to stay at Upton Park

West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request, according to the player's advisor. Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has told the 23-year-old midfielder he will listen to offers in the region of £8m.

Reo-Coker's advisor Tony Finnigan said: "I can confirm that Nigel has handed in a transfer request. I am surprised as captain he is being allowed to leave.

"At the end of the day he never felt wanted but I am sure he will have a bright future elsewhere."

Reo-Coker joined West Ham from Wimbledon in January 2004.

Tottenham, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Newcastle are expected to join the race to sign the England Under-21 international.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6695237.stm

_42975245_reocoker203getty.jpg

Reo-Coker does not want to stay at Upton Park

West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request, according to the player's advisor. Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has told the 23-year-old midfielder he will listen to offers in the region of £8m.

Reo-Coker's advisor Tony Finnigan said: "I can confirm that Nigel has handed in a transfer request. I am surprised as captain he is being allowed to leave.

"At the end of the day he never felt wanted but I am sure he will have a bright future elsewhere."

Reo-Coker joined West Ham from Wimbledon in January 2004.

Tottenham, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Newcastle are expected to join the race to sign the England Under-21 international.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6695237.stm

He was pushed.;)

As the 2006-07 is nearly over, it's time to create a new "catch-all" thread for transfer news, manager sackings/hirings, take-overs, and generally any-other news/results.

So...

Claudio Ranieri?

_42936773_claudio203.jpg

Gerard Houllier?

Or Brucie?

BRUFOR_h250.jpg

Personally I would be absolutely delighted if Sven took charge of the Club… fantastic club managment record… I could see city in the top 6 within one season… also there is a famous song from Soccer AM sung… I am sure the City Faithful would take it up in no time… But we need to hurry up with the man with the peoples money… he needs to make up his mind in what he is doing as regards of the take over… I have a guess that he is trying to get it for a small price as possible due to city being desperate for the cash… We need some pride back at the Camp Azul.

As regards of my prediction who will dominate next season, I personally think Chelesa will take it to a level never seen before… I could see them winning every competion they are in,

So...

Claudio Ranieri?

_42936773_claudio203.jpg

Gerard Houllier?

Or Brucie?

BRUFOR_h250.jpg

Ranieri no way,Houllier no way,r u kidding about Ericsson?

Brucie whoever he is,he would that couch

League closes 10-point loophole

_43028587_logo_203.gif

The Football League has closed the loophole that allowed Leeds to go into administration without suffering a 10-point deduction for next season.

From next season any club going into administration after the fourth Thursday in March will have their 10-point deduction suspended.

If the club is relegated the points will be deducted from their tally at the start of next season.

If the club stays up the 10 points will be taken off their final total.

The club would then go down if the 10-point deduction subsequently resulted in it slipping into a relegation place.

The rule change was passed unanimously by the 72 chairmen of the Football League at their annual general meeting in Portugal.

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney said: "I am delighted that clubs have backed their board so strongly on this issue.

"The changes we have made today enable the League's 'Sporting Sanctions' regulations to remain true to their original aim.

Leeds went into administration on 4 May - and the automatic 10-point deduction saw them relegated to League One.

However, the Yorkshire club were almost certain to be relegated anyway and in entering administration avoided starting the following season minus 10 points.

Meanwhile, Boston United went into a Company Voluntary Agreement on 5 May, during their last game of the season - when they were losing at Wrexham and set to be relegated from League Two in any event.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6736997.stm