August 28, 200719 yr Does anybody know how to play that riff that Jonny plays at the end of Clocks during a live performance when they do the countdown and increase the tempo? For example: @ 4:45 - 5:56. I would really like to know how to play that riff. Does anyone have the tabs?
August 28, 200719 yr Clocks Guitar Tab Is this what you're looking for? :) EDIT: Scroll down for Puzzling's tab. It's the correct tab! e--------------------|----------------|-----------------|-----------------| B-----9--8----------|-----9--8-----|-----9--8-------|-----9--8-------| G--8--------8-------|--6--------6--|--6--------6----|-------------8---| D--------------------|----------------|----------------|--10-------------| A--------------------|----------------|----------------|------------------| E--------------------|----------------|----------------|------------------| ^ Jonny plays that series of riffs with a heavy delay and phasing effect. Sometimes, when the countdown reaches close to the end (and the music is REALLY fast), then Jonny will just strum the chords instead of doing the riff.
August 28, 200719 yr Author yes thats its...thank you ColdplayBirdsFly. I'll rock it out this afternoon! Do you know what heavy delay and phasing effect he uses?
September 8, 200719 yr Uhm, the tab posted above isn't quite right. AFAIK, Jonny plays this: e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------| B|--------9-8--------------9-8-6-----------9-8-6-------------9-8---------| G|------8-----8----------6-------6-------6-------6---------8-----8-------| D|----8---------8------8-----------8---8-----------8----10---------10----| A|-10-------------10-8---------------8---------------11---------------11-| E|-----------------------------------------------------------------------| He plays the B-string more "forte/loud" than the others, which kinda make it sounds like the tab above :).
September 8, 200719 yr Clocks Ending Guitar ^ Ah, yes that's better. .... I thought my version sounded a bit simple as well. Upon watching a live show of "Clocks" more closely, it can be seen that Jonny is indeed playing the 5th string like Puzzling's tab. Puzzling, your version is very correct. Thanks again! :cool:
April 7, 200818 yr Author hey i know this thread has been inactive for ages...but i cannot get this riff right...how do you play it?
April 7, 200818 yr Just follow puzzling's tab. But if it's too difficult just play the four notes you can hear with some reverb.
April 7, 200818 yr Since I happened to have my guitar connected to the computer, I recorded the riff. Check out the attachment.
April 8, 200818 yr Author cheers heaps, yeah thats sounds like it, im just finding it impossible to get the left hand to go where its meant to:confused:
April 8, 200818 yr You can see how Jonny does it on the pic posted earlier, but I find it easier to use the index finger to cover 8th (and later 6th) fret on the 1st to 5th string (just like I would play a barre chord). The challenge is to use the middle, ring and pinky finger to hit the correct strings and frets. Practice, practice, practice :).
April 8, 200818 yr Author oh yes its practice!!!!...im currently trying to get tremolo picking under my belt as well for spies! :) thanks for all the help;) What gear do you have?
April 8, 200818 yr There's a 6th fret where there should be an 8th fret near the end in the Puzzling tab above but it's just a typing error.....
April 8, 200818 yr oh yes its practice!!!!...im currently trying to get tremolo picking under my belt as well for spies! :) thanks for all the help;) What gear do you have? You're welcome! I've got the cheapest(?) Gibson (a Les Paul Special Faded) and a Roland Cube 30. Wow Puzzling that is perfect... wan't to help me with re-creating Live 2003 book? I have the Live 2003 Tab book, but I know it's not 100% correct. I don't think I can contribute with much useful (I can't even read notes), and besides I have lots of work to do (studies). But I'd gladly check out your work (if you've written tablatures), and perhaps come with some suggestions. There's a 6th fret where there should be an 8th fret near the end in the Puzzling tab above but it's just a typing error..... You're right - fixed it now :)
Create an account or sign in to comment