All Yamaha Hardware

Zildjian:

14” A Custom Hi-Hats, or 14” K Custom Hi-Hats

18” A Custom Crash

22” K Custom Ride

19” A Custom Crash or 19” K Custom Crash

5A Wood – Natural Drumstick

Remo skins.

I think this Yamaha kit might be quite expensive so perhaps you could buy a cheaper one and then pimp it out with some new cymbals and skins. I got a Premier Olympic for about £230 and so far it's been excellent.

I think Will uses different combinations of A and K Custom cymbals from time to time - I've seen A and K hats, A crashes, K crashes etc... in various photos. Alyssa may have a better idea as she is amazing. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm confused, I thought Will used Yamaha...

http://bradydrum.com/will-champion.html

http://www.bradydrums.com.au/news-detail.html?&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=15&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=377&cHash=c8f2d42a69

That 2nd link mentions the release of X&Y, as if Will had been using Brady very recently, even though I'm sure he's always been Yamaha. Are Brady and Yamaha the same?

Brady and Yamaha definitely aren't the same.

I think he only uses Brady snares, and Yamaha for the rest of the kit and the prized bass drum logo. :)

Drummers often use custom snares I think--most commercial drum companies don't offer drums with more than 15 plies of wood and the bearing edges are standard single 45 degree angles rather than double cut... besides DW, hehe.

And the snare is probably the most important drum of the kit. :)

And Mike Portnoy doesn't have the biggest drum kit--Neil Pert wins that contest. :laugh3:

NeilPeart1.jpg

And I think that drum set that you posted (portnoy's) is actually used for duel drumming--two people use that set at a time. I saw a video of him using it with Jason Bittner but I can't find it anymore. :(

• 2 weeks later...

The dream theatre kit in that pic is indeed a duel kit. (you can clearly see two drum stools in the pic).

Will's Kit is actually, relatively simple, compared to what most drummers in acts the profile of Coldplay use.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread has been inactive for a long time, but I must say I don't see how this can be Will's correct setup. He clearly doesn't have three snares in his current kit. Unless, that's a list of snares he's used in the past...

I'm thinking he changes them out frequently too. In some clips you can clearly see him playing the brady snare (it has a different finish from the rest of the kit) yet in others he seems to be playing a snare in an identical (or at least similar) finish to his other drums.

• 3 years later...