🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Briggins hands out shiny golden stars

MrMagpie

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...that's harder than it sounds, but...

All-time: The Beatles, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Smiths, Leonard cohen

(is it ok to pick solo artists as well as bands?)

Current bands: Coldplay, Doves, Travis, Porcupine Tree, Starsailor

Current songs: Doves - Catch The Sun, The Foo FIghters - Times Like These, Porcupine Tree - Collapse The Light Into Earth, Travis - My Eyes, Spacehog - In The ENd

(I don't know what you mean by 'current', though.

ALL TIME: the beatles, coldplay, radiohead, U2, the strokes.

CURRENTLY: radiohead, coldplay, travis, oasis, jack's mannequin

CURRENT TOP 5 SONGS: motion picture soundtrack (RH), there there (RH), wonderwall (oasis), side (travis), idioteque (RH)

how many gold stars is that, huh, briggs? :D i think i'm quite appealing to your kid a-loving side...

this is difficult -_-

all time top 5 bands - Radiohead, Apocalyptica, Siddharta, U2, Sigur Rós

current top 5 bands - Radiohead, Camera Obscura, Goldfrapp, The Smiths, Blackbud

And your current top 5 songs - Planet Telex, The Bends, Some Girls are Bigger than Others, The Trickster, Bodysnatchers

Hmmm...that's harder than it sounds, but...

All-time: The Beatles, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Smiths, Leonard cohen

(is it ok to pick solo artists as well as bands?)

Current bands: Coldplay, Doves, Travis, Porcupine Tree, Starsailor

Current songs: Doves - Catch The Sun, The Foo FIghters - Times Like These, Porcupine Tree - Collapse The Light Into Earth, Travis - My Eyes, Spacehog - In The ENd

(I don't know what you mean by 'current', though.

Okay for All-time I don't really listen to any of those bands. But I will give you a gold star for the Beatles because they were so influential to modern music. Not a fan of Genesis, and haven't listened to Peter Gabriel, so no golden stars there. The Smiths, also haevn't really listened to but I do like Johnny Marr, so I'll give you half a star. And one gold star for Leonard Cohen because he is a Canadian legend!

For current bands:

I'll give you two total gold stars. One big shiny one for Travis. Also a half star for Coldplay and Porcupine Tree.

For current songs you get a gold star for Times Like These and My Eyes, two songs I really enjoy.

So you get a grand total of 7 stars!

ALL TIME: the beatles, coldplay, radiohead, U2, the strokes.

CURRENTLY: radiohead, coldplay, travis, oasis, jack's mannequin

CURRENT TOP 5 SONGS: motion picture soundtrack (RH), there there (RH), wonderwall (oasis), side (travis), idioteque (RH)

how many gold stars is that, huh, briggs? :D i think i'm quite appealing to your kid a-loving side...

For all time you get a gold star for the Beatles. Same reason as why I gave one for Tracie. Coldplay will also get you a star since they were influential and I once did enjoy them. Radiohead gets a great big star, and you know why haha. U2 are my second favourite band and I have a tonne of their stuff so another star for U2. The strokes are overrated in my opinion, so no star for them.

Current bands:

You get gold stars for Radiohead, Travis, and Oasis. I won't give you another Coldplay star though because I don't want to hand too many of those out.

Current songs:

4 stars because I love all of those songs, except for Wonderwall because I have heard it far too many times.

So you get a grand total of:11 stars!

all time:

final fantasy

the killers

xiu xiu

beirut

interpol

current:

beirut

alaska in winter

final fantasy

get well soon

the twilight sad

songs:

i luv the valley oh! - xiu xiu

this is the dream of win and regine - final fantasy

in the mausoleum - beirut

cliquot - beirut

anti-anti - snowden

based on my last.fm stats., except for the top five current bands, as those are highly subjective.

this is difficult -_-

all time top 5 bands - Radiohead, Apocalyptica, Siddharta, U2, Sigur Rós

current top 5 bands - Radiohead, Camera Obscura, Goldfrapp, The Smiths, Blackbud

And your current top 5 songs - Planet Telex, The Bends, Some Girls are Bigger than Others, The Trickster, Bodysnatchers

All time you get two stars for Radiohead and U2.

Current top bands you get one for Radiohead, half a star for the Smiths, and 1.5 stars for Blackbud since I am impressed with your inclusion of them on your list.

For top 5 songs I give you 4 stars since you have included 4 awesome Radiohead song. Planet Telex is really starting to grow on me, great song.

You get a total of 7 stars!

all time: coldplay, muse, radiohead, beatles, oasis

current: radiohead, arctic monkeys, coldplay, muse, guster

songs: mardy bum (am), street spirit (rh), see you soon (cp), morning bell (rh), hysteria (muse)

Alltime:You get a five/five for all time.

CurrentL you get a 3/5. One star for Radiohead, one for the Arctic Monkeys, and one for Muse.

For songs: Mardy Bum is one of my favourite AM song, Street Spirit is one of my favourite RH songs, and See You Soon is one of the few coldplay songs I still enjoy. Morning Bell also gets you a star. so 4/5 there.

So you get 12 stars!

all time:

final fantasy

the killers

xiu xiu

beirut

interpol

current:

beirut

alaska in winter

final fantasy

get well soon

the twilight sad

songs:

i luv the valley oh! - xiu xiu

this is the dream of win and regine - final fantasy

in the mausoleum - beirut

cliquot - beirut

anti-anti - snowden

based on my last.fm stats., except for the top five current bands, as those are highly subjective.

All time: Star for Final Fantasy and a star for Interpol.

For current I have only heard Final Fantasy, but since your list is so creative I'm giving you a 4/5.

Current songs: haven't heard any of them, but I'll give you a 3/5 since they look pretty indie.

So you get 9 stars!

All time: Star for Final Fantasy and a star for Interpol.

For current I have only heard Final Fantasy, but since your list is so creative I'm giving you a 4/5.

Current songs: haven't heard any of them, but I'll give you a 3/5 since they look pretty indie.

So you get 9 stars!

fair enough. :)

thanks for the nine stars :lol:

How to get a golden star:

List your top 5 bands all time

Your current top 5 bands

And your current top 5 songs.

Depending on how good I think they are I will give you up to 15 golden stars which you can redeem at your local McDonalds for a Big Mac.

lol what I don't go to McDonald's it's evil. unfortunately my mind has got some errors at times..

so wat is tis. Because I will win. Though I don't like U2 so I prolly won't haha

:P

ONLY BANDS?

oki then...

ALL TIME:

RADIOHEAD

THE BEATLES

THE SMITHS

R.E.M.

SIMON & GARFUNKEL

CURRENT NOW:

RADIOHEAD

NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL