April 24, 200818 yr Why would it be released on a Friday? :thinking: Me thinks HMV have ballsed something up. Prospekt says 16th, I going it with I'm afraid ;)I definately agree with you on that one! UK albums are never released on a Friday
April 24, 200818 yr Yep, you're right - EMI will want that 6+ days of sales for the Sunday chart position, where it can be announced that it's sold tons in a week. Although - not that it will matter in terms of overall sales.....the album will shift millions and millions of units.
April 25, 200818 yr The dutch release is still the 13th though...so we'll still get some lucky Coldplayers giving us their verdict :D
April 25, 200818 yr I think we'll all just fly/drive/walk to the netherlands and all of us coldplayers will be standing in the same line at the check-out. We can talk about it then.
April 25, 200818 yr if only i was going to the netherlands two weeks earlier!!! then i'd be there right when VLVOD comes out and get it four days early. hmm, maybe i could change my plans...:laugh4:
April 25, 200818 yr if only i was going to the netherlands two weeks earlier!!! then i'd be there right when VLVOD comes out and get it four days early. hmm, maybe i could change my plans...:laugh4:Haha! I hadn't thought about that before. Ah well, by the time you go, the album would have been played 1000+ times already :P
April 25, 200818 yr But then again, some countries of mainland Europe, plus Ireland, get single/album releases on the Friday.
April 25, 200818 yr Haha! I hadn't thought about that before. Ah well, by the time you go, the album would have been played 1000+ times already :P is it sad that the early release of VLVOD in the netherlands was one of the first things that came to mind when i found out i'd be living in the netherlands? i suppose it is, but i promise that other things were thought of first :P oh yes, i'll have listened to VLVOD countless times by the time i get on that plane, but i'm fine with that. besides, because it gets released on friday the 13th (eek!) in most EU countries and maybe even in the UK, i figure we'll get an online leak then anyway, so no problem here :D
April 25, 200818 yr I was in HMV in my local store, and I enquired about pre ordering it, so the guy looked it up on their computer and it said "Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends - 13th JUNE" I know there are a million threads about this guys, but I wanted it to grab all of your attentions. HMV are releasing it on the 13th! - 3 days less to wait :D When I asked the guy why it was being released on a friday when ALL music is released on a monday he simply chuckled and said "It's Coldplay, being up themselves and trying to be different" :laugh3: :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Good for you guys.. here we have to wait until the 23th :\
April 26, 200818 yr But then again, some countries of mainland Europe, plus Ireland, get single/album releases on the Friday. *nods* you're right David, most of the European Countries (minus UK) always have albums released on Fridays, and as I already said somewhere else, if you're lucky enough you can find it the day before, so I guess a leak will come out for sure before the 13th :cool:
April 26, 200818 yr The dutch release is still the 13th though...so we'll still get some lucky Coldplayers giving us their verdict :D same with germany.
Create an account or sign in to comment