🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Noel Gallagher thoughts about free download single and free concerts

Cris_Santos

I haven't heard the album, I heard the last 30 secs of the single on the radio the other day, but I'm sure it's going to be great. I love Coldplay. Chris is such a top geezer. Giving it away for free though, that's not my thing. I instinctively think if I'm getting something for free it's not very good. I'm not suggesting it's not very good, it's probably brilliant. I don't know, I think there's too much of this "let's give it all away for free". Whatever happened to the old traditions in the music business? I don't know, I thought it was working quite fine.

THanks so much!

The old model's clearly not working anymore, and they'll still make a pile of money from the tour...unless they're giving that away too,lol.

But he does have a point about people devaluing things they don't have to pay for. It's been proved that if you attach a price to something, it will actually do better than if it's free. (Not that I'm minding all the freebies lately:))

Nice to see he's not slagging them off these days, even though the whole 'plant pot' thing a few years back was funny!

I haven't heard the album, I heard the last 30 secs of the single on the radio the other day, but I'm sure it's going to be great. I love Coldplay. Chris is such a top geezer. Giving it away for free though, that's not my thing. I instinctively think if I'm getting something for free it's not very good. I'm not suggesting it's not very good, it's probably brilliant. I don't know, I think there's too much of this "let's give it all away for free". Whatever happened to the old traditions in the music business? I don't know, I thought it was working quite fine.

nice thanks ! ;)

I don't remember Oasis using synths and selling out. They just keep releasing kickass music. I saw them at MSG...one of the best concerts Ive seen. Real rock music for men!

Ooh, Coldplay used synths and sold out?? I didn't know AROBTTH was a sell-out. Last I heard it was full of synths.

(I'm one of the Oasis fans on here...and a WOMAN, so I'm not slagging your taste, but if you're so unimpressed with Coldplay, why are you here?)

Oh, and you might want to re-listen to Oasis, (since you're apparently new to their music) because although they're def. a guitar-rock band, their albums are also full of synths. They're just not as up front in the mix as Coldplay.