✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

11-Dec-08 - Manchester, MEN Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! 5 days to go :D

and my Coldplaying hoodie turned up yesterday :D

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three days to go, 3 days!! I'm so excited, I can barely wait!

I sold my spares tickets that I posted about the other day; so glad they didn't go to waste.

Our tickets are for block J on the floor. Just hope I get as good a view as I did for the X&Y tour in '05.

M x

3 DAYS!!!!! :D:D:D:D

i'm not to sure if i read the liverpool thread right, but did jay z support ? and is he supporting in manchester ? thanks guys :)

Jay-Z is not supporting until next September's gig in Manchester (at the LCCC ground)

Not sure who supported in Liverpool, but it's going to be a band called The High Wire in Manchester (Their MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/thehighwire)

MEN 11/12/08 Tickets Available

Hi there

I purchased 4 tickets for the MEN concert on 11/12/08. Unfortuneately the other people that were due to take the tickets cannot now attend.

Therefore I have 3 tickets available for Block 104. The ticket face value is £42.50 and I am not looking to make any money and to sell them for face value. I am happy to sell either 1, 2 or all 3.

This is genuine. I am attending the concert so collection can be made on the night of the concert at the venue.

So if you want to see one of the best live shows or know someone that does then get in touch.

Best wishes

Viva Forever

I am getting more and more excited by the minute!!! Its my first time seeing the lads and I just don't know what I'll do with myself until thursday! And I'm going on friday too, got to catch up on lost time!

You're going to be blown away! They are completely awesome live... seriously, there are no words!! ;)

Tomorrow guys!!!

It's been a long wait....... ok, well i did go to Paris to see the boys for the most phenomenal concert in September..... but it's still been a long time and i can't wait for tomorrow!

Got a nice long drive ahead, but will all be worth it!!!

Rather excited right now!

Morning all,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd let you know that I'm off to tonight's show. I saw them for the first time in Sheffield just over a week ago and they were amazing so I thought I'd look on Ebay and try and get a ticket for this one as well, where I've managed to get a genuine one at ticket face value.

Hopefully they will stick with the set list they've been using for the past few shows perhaps with a few additions. I'd like to see Yes included or something from X&Y say Low or What If (that'd be quite nice on the B set). A long shot but it would be brilliant if we had Shiver or Everything's Not Lost from Parachutes.

Edit: I best get relearning the lyrics for Green Eyes, just in case it crops up again!

Manchester Preview: Coldplay Bring Timeless Tunes To Town

13112_490250_thats_the_fancy_dress_sorted_now_wheres_the_arena_coldplay.jpg

That Chris Martin, he’s a dark horse. Actually, what are we saying? No he isn’t. He’s a man who usually screams up for what he believes in and uses the back of his hands like portable billboards for worthy causes.

But apparently, he was capable of keeping one little secret – the band’s crush on Take That, and their desire to be the Manchester four piece’s warm up act. “We were in the dressing room yesterday and, for whatever reason, we started singing Back For Good,” Chris told Coldplay.com last month. “We sang the whole thing, word for word, with all the right chords on our piano, without having to learn it or anything. It was great… if Take That want us to open for them, we’ll do it. The only problem is that we’ll have to get down the gym for a bit.” Or, CityLife reckons, just do a few more lengths on that runway he likes to work up a sweat on live…

Truth is, Coldplay are now much bigger than Take That. Since they exploded in 2000 with their second single, Yellow, they’ve sold more records than TT, cracked the US, scored No.1 albums across Europe, Australasia and America, married into Hollywood, secured an unblemished commercial (and, for the most part, critical) record, and even – if reports are true – nestled in near the top in some of the UK rich lists.

Grammy Awards

This week, the annual Grammy Awards announced that Coldplay had been shortlisted in seven catagories – the second largest number of nominations this year behind Lil Wayne and ahead of Jay-Z, who the band has recently worked with – including album of the year for Viva La Vida.

All former students at University College London (bassist Guy Berryman was the only one not to graduate in favour of concentrating on the band), Coldplay look and sound like a group that has always been aiming for international stardom. Martin admits his biggest heroes are U2 and 1980s Norwegian popsters A-ha – influences that Coldplay’s soft indie rock (and aspirational attitude towards the power of music to heal the world) often give away.

The secret to their success, then? CityLife reckons it’s what The Beatles knew: good melodies and timeless tunes. If you want the insider goss, though, you’ll have to keep your eyes on the backs of Martin’s hands...

Coldplay play the M.E.N. Arena on Thursday/Friday, December 11/12. Jon Hopkins, The High Wire support. Tickets are £38/£42. Call 0844 847 8000 to check availability.

http://www.citylife.co.uk

Morning all,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd let you know that I'm off to tonight's show. I saw them for the first time in Sheffield just over a week ago and they were amazing so I thought I'd look on Ebay and try and get a ticket for this one as well, where I've managed to get a genuine one at ticket face value.

Hopefully they will stick with the set list they've been using for the past few shows perhaps with a few additions. I'd like to see Yes included or something from X&Y say Low or What If (that'd be quite nice on the B set). A long shot but it would be brilliant if we had Shiver or Everything's Not Lost from Parachutes.

Edit: I best get relearning the lyrics for Green Eyes, just in case it crops up again!

welcome to the board :D hope you have as much fun tonight as I'm going to :D

13112_490250_thats_the_fancy_dress_sorted_now_wheres_the_arena_coldplay.jpg

That Chris Martin, he’s a dark horse. Actually, what are we saying? No he isn’t. He’s a man who usually screams up for what he believes in and uses the back of his hands like portable billboards for worthy causes.

But apparently, he was capable of keeping one little secret – the band’s crush on Take That, and their desire to be the Manchester four piece’s warm up act. “We were in the dressing room yesterday and, for whatever reason, we started singing Back For Good,” Chris told Coldplay.com last month. “We sang the whole thing, word for word, with all the right chords on our piano, without having to learn it or anything. It was great… if Take That want us to open for them, we’ll do it. The only problem is that we’ll have to get down the gym for a bit.” Or, CityLife reckons, just do a few more lengths on that runway he likes to work up a sweat on live…

Truth is, Coldplay are now much bigger than Take That. Since they exploded in 2000 with their second single, Yellow, they’ve sold more records than TT, cracked the US, scored No.1 albums across Europe, Australasia and America, married into Hollywood, secured an unblemished commercial (and, for the most part, critical) record, and even – if reports are true – nestled in near the top in some of the UK rich lists.

Grammy Awards

This week, the annual Grammy Awards announced that Coldplay had been shortlisted in seven catagories – the second largest number of nominations this year behind Lil Wayne and ahead of Jay-Z, who the band has recently worked with – including album of the year for Viva La Vida.

All former students at University College London (bassist Guy Berryman was the only one not to graduate in favour of concentrating on the band), Coldplay look and sound like a group that has always been aiming for international stardom. Martin admits his biggest heroes are U2 and 1980s Norwegian popsters A-ha – influences that Coldplay’s soft indie rock (and aspirational attitude towards the power of music to heal the world) often give away.

The secret to their success, then? CityLife reckons it’s what The Beatles knew: good melodies and timeless tunes. If you want the insider goss, though, you’ll have to keep your eyes on the backs of Martin’s hands...

Coldplay play the M.E.N. Arena on Thursday/Friday, December 11/12. Jon Hopkins, The High Wire support. Tickets are £38/£42. Call 0844 847 8000 to check availability.

http://www.citylife.co.uk

blimey! didn't realise Citylife still existed.

ITS TODAY!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hi there,

i have 3 tickets for tonights show (11th) for sale in block 102, row w. 1st block back from the stage. all 3 of us cant make it tonight as i've had that bad bug thats been going around and ended up in hospital monday/tuesday and my brothers are also now ill too.

gutted i cant go tonight i took time off work to get these tickets 1st day of sale as well.

email me if anyone is interested, of course i don't want to make any money out of fellow coldplay fans and will even waive the £6.50 booking fee i paid on each ticket. so £42.50 each ticket (face value) is all i want.

email me on [email protected]

p.s. cos i'm not fit enough to leave the house, these tickets will have to be collected from my home (sale, south manchester) anytime today.