✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

11-Dec-08 - Manchester, MEN Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touching hands

Chris touched my hands, my son came to his first ever concert and Chris ran right past us as we were on block 105 row A seats 1,2, and 3. It was fabulous. Chris also grabbed my son's wrist. Then they sang their acoustic set. What a memory for my son's first ever concert.

:shocked2: :dance: what a gig, I've just got back home now and my voice is absolutely shreaded :laugh3:

Chris's voice blew me away once again! On '42' he really bigged the last note up by pausing and as he seemed to be running out of breath he said "this is a massive note" and then bellowed out the last note, gave me goosebumps! :D

The lazers during 'Clocks' were amazing, the techno versions of 'God Put A Smile...' and 'Talk' were amazing and the acoustic section at the back of the arena was fantastic aswell. 'Green Eyes' was amazing I was so made up it was in the set tonight :D Also loved Will's singing on 'Death Will Never Conquer' :D

I loved the way Chris got the crowd going by getting Guy's side of the arena to scream and go mad and then Jonny's side of the arena to scream. I was on Guy's side of the arena and was going nuts hahahaha

'Fix You' was simply awesome, so powerful and was probably the highlight of the night not forgetting 'Viva La Vida' with everyone singing the end bit!

Only negative was I thought 'Lost' sounded abit well, lost. It just sounded off tonight for some reason couldn't put my finger on what it was but apart from that the whole set was mind blowingly amazing!

I took some vids so I'll upload them tomorrow but I wasn't that close to the stage but I'll upload them anyway. I'm off to drink something my throat is absolutely nackered :laugh3:

Great review man!

and i was on guy's side aswell for glasgow :dance:

yeah my voice was completely schmazzled aswell :laugh3:

I tried to get you some Will pics but he was a bit too far away. And he kept going blurry :lol: I'll be uploading the rest to photobucket at some point today.

Awwww TY:D:hug:

I did notice a few Will pics in all those Ian posted...but yeah, he's soo hard to get a good shot of during a show:cry:. I need to write the Oracle with a request that they move the drum set up front&center!:P

This one is great though!

burns297.jpg

melanieau

Quote:Originally Posted by
busybeeburns;2683057

my final half-decent video from last night's gig, apologies for the dickheads who kept walking past to leave early :whatever:

Great vid:clap:

I reckon that song is going to sound great at Wembley:D

I second that. I SQUUUEEEEED while listening to it:lol:

and that song is going to sound great at Wembley:D

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Great vids and pics everyone.

What can I say; I didn't think it could be better then when I say them on the X&Y tour in '05, but last night's show was absolutely awesome! Best gig ever!!

My voice is wrecked from singing along to every song, even when I was blubbing through Yellow, Fix You and Strawberry Swing (I lost my mum this year and these 3 songs in particular remind me of her and her passing)

There's nothing more I can say - best night ever!!

Right .. where do I start !!!

Firstly , we LOVE Coldplay and all their songs BUT have to say we were very dissappointed in the Thursday M.E.N. concert !!!

They seemed to be showing their b*lls by playing so very LOUD ... we were at the far end , block 205 just above the section where they did that short acoustic section - it sounded all wery distorted to be honest.

We saw Incubus from the same seats last year and there sound was co blear and clean compared to Coldplay !!!

Also , other venues had Girls Aloud or JayZ as support and we got some unknown/ unsigned band ..

A have to complain about the the selfish , inconsiderate couple in front of us - Block 206 - THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE !! - sat in seats 5 &6 about halfway up - row J or something.

The bloke looked and acted like a camp Alan Carr clone and stood up , mincing his way through my fave songs ....starting with YELLOW .... everybody else remained seated apart from these two idiots !!!

I don't normally resort to violence BUT lat night I was very tempted !!!!!

here's the best picture i took, thanks to my great seats :P if anyone wants to see more just ask :)

SN851008-1.jpg

wow that's ace! where were you sat?

Chris touched my hands, my son came to his first ever concert and Chris ran right past us as we were on block 105 row A seats 1,2, and 3. It was fabulous. Chris also grabbed my son's wrist. Then they sang their acoustic set. What a memory for my son's first ever concert.

that's amazing :D welcome to the board :)

Awwww TY:D:hug:

I did notice a few Will pics in all those Ian posted...but yeah, he's soo hard to get a good shot of during a show:cry:. I need to write the Oracle with a request that they move the drum set up front&center!:P

My camera seemed to love Will tonight. There are quite a few not too blurry pics of him. I'll upload them in the 12th thread in a bit.

Also , other venues had Girls Aloud or JayZ as support and we got some unknown/ unsigned band ..

the shows on the 2008 tour have all had similar support acts. Jay-Z & Girls Aloud are support for some of the 2009 stadium shows.

no flickr account. so if i make one, how do i then get pics up on here? Thanks!

once you've uploaded them to the account, right click on the photo, go to properties & copy the address. come to the forum, go advanced to reply, click on the little yellow postcard button, paste the address into the pop up.

once you've uploaded them to the account, right click on the photo, go to properties & copy the address. come to the forum, go advanced to reply, click on the little yellow postcard button, paste the address into the pop up.

Thanks very much!!!

3106180964_b9de6c9f3e.jpg?v=0

Amazing! Simply amazing.

3105349637_eb40724e56.jpg?v=0

3106181300_e9e71c3721.jpg?v=0

3105349943_bea625a6df.jpg?v=0

This was one of the best experiences of my life!

Thanks very much!!!

3106180964_b9de6c9f3e.jpg?v=0

Amazing! Simply amazing.

3105349637_eb40724e56.jpg?v=0

3106181300_e9e71c3721.jpg?v=0

3105349943_bea625a6df.jpg?v=0

This was one of the best experiences of my life!

Are we talking about the same gig - Thursday ???

If you enjoyed that gig .. my gawd you have just GOT to see Incubus when they next come to the Uk !!!!