✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Sep-2008: Palacio de Deportes, Madrid - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

España

Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain.

Block 12, Room 8, Seat no. 3.

12:10pm.

The venue is a building site. There are hard hats, reflective jackets and hand signals across the floor. Stage trucks reversing in. Confetti cannons, lasers, fans, speaker stacks, motors, inflatable spheres, more lights and more speakers, all ready to be lifted above the stage when the rigging goes up. When a show gets this big, it’s a long time before you see any instruments!

I can now see one of the catwalks being assembled, which will later see Chris Martin walking into the waiting crowds (who are already sitting patiently outside..)

It was my first time working with Intermon Oxfam last night, in Barcelona. It was a pleasure to work with such a happy bunch. The show was a great prize for all their hard work. The atmosphere in Europe is raising the bar even higher, and the band seem to be savouring the challenge of living up to fever pitch expectation. The crowd were still singing that famous ‘Viva’ chorus long after the show closed in that Yellow lit arena. It once hosted the gymnastics at the 1992 Olympics. It was a very different spectacle last night.

Intermon Oxfam was collecting names in support of a fair trade deal. Those people who gave their voice last night, will join those voices tonight in pressuring the Spanish government. It’s a great feeling watching someone stop and listen to one of our volunteers. Take a moment to think about how they can be part of our work. Grab the pen and start signing. Walk away with a smile on their face, and go to enjoy the show. Coldplay make that possible, by inviting us here. The volunteers put the opportunity into action. And the people that stop, are the ones that make it happen.

Here comes another truck full of equipment..

By the way.. I’m pretty sure the Coldplay show made a lot more noise than the football last night.. One of the truck drivers skipped sleep to go and see the football, and said he should have chosen sleep instead!

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=52

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it should be on the Barcelona thread, it talks more about last night show than tonight. :P

Yeah I remember that of people singing "oooooooooh oooooooooh" outside the stadium after the gig! I was one of them as well haha

aww we did that as well :nice: feels great, right !?

In the street too.. but i was alone :uhoh: :lol:

BARCELONA/MADRID, 7 Sep. (EUROPA PRESS) - The british quartet Coldplay, led by Chris Martin, will perform tonight at the Palacio de Deportes in Madrid to present their lastest album "Viva la Vida" (EMI), after their show yesterday at Barcelona. The opening act in both concerts is Allbert Hammond Jr, Guitarrist of The Strokes, which just published an album called "Como te llama".

The tickets to the Madrid date of Coldplay are sold out since many weeks ago.

The band performed at the Espacio Movistar of Barcelona the past may 17th, the show was free - even if a invitation to enter to the venue was required and the place was quite limited- in a tour that took us to London and New York.

During their visit to the catalan capital, Martin assured in the press conference that the band "is more attractive than it was 3 years ago, and this is reflected in their music" and added that they choose Barcelona as the city to present their last album as a gesture of thanks to the warm welcoming that they always had.

Viva la Vida was produce by Brian Eno and Markus Dravs and recorded in New York, Barcelona and London in special places as churchs and theatres.

About Eno and Dravs, Martin joked, he said that they're so different as the United States and the Sovietic Union, the relationship is difficult but interesting, to which the guitarrist John Buckland added that "Eno was like a teacher" for them, "very inspiring".

Paris, Cologne and Hamburg will be the next cities where Coldplay will perform, the band is having an extense european tour and some dates in the United States to show this last album.

http://www.europapress.es/madrid/noticia-coldplay-actua-hoy-palacio-deportes-madrid-20080907132855.html