✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Sep-2008: Palacio de Deportes, Madrid - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O-le ole ole ole, Coldplay, Coldplay.

The stage goes dark. The crowd starts to sing. The lights go up. The noise really starts. Amazing show tonight. A Spanish-speaking crowd singing every word to songs released less than 2 months ago. When there were no words, they were singing the melodies. The atmosphere in Spain has been something I will remember all my life. The arenas seem to hold in the sound. Either that, or these crowds are just crazy. In a good way.

Chris, Will, Guy and Jonny will probably remember that for a long time too. No matter how many shows they do. Belen, my Intermon Oxfam contact, told me that Chris said (in Spanish), at the end of one song, “thank you, with all my body”. He also said, they will be back until the crowd gets bored of them. I don’t see that happening any time soon.

The set just fits. The band knowing how to tease the best out of the crowd. Knowing when they will sing, and when to make them jump. It’s an amazing sight

to see people united in that way. And of course, to see four people controlling all that.

I want to thank all the Intermon Oxfam volunteers for all their energy and enthusiasm. Special thanks to Patricia, Maria and Belen for all their support from Intermon Oxfam in organising everything. It’s been great to see the crowds reaction to us, and as I said, Spain’s reaction to Coldplay.

I am about to jump on my bus, ready for the long trip to Paris. Oxfam France Agir-ici will be waiting for the two shows at the Bercy. Thank you Spain.. it’s been emotional.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=53

Coldplay in Madrid

chris-martin.jpg?w=180&h=213

Tonight, at the Palacio de Deportes in central Madrid, Chris Martin and the gang came to play. The previous night (Saturday) the band had also played in Barcelona.

Both concerts were in aid of Oxfam and to publicise its campaign “Comercio con Justicia” (Fair Trade). Several lucky volunteers for this organisation got given free tickets.

Before the Madrid leg the band did a TV interview and Chris Martin was cheekily asked which city he preferred. He told the interviewer that this was a forbidden question. “There are two prohibited questions in this interview, yeah? You don’t ask about our relationships and you don’t ask about the Barcelona versus Madrid thing.”

The majority of the concert was taken up with tracks from the Viva la Vida album but of course they bunged in a few of the classics from previous albums as well. It wasn’t the full-on concert and lightshow spectacular but it was as professional as always and everyone had a good sing-a-long and got sent home happy.

http://madriduno.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/coldplay-in-madrid/

Shit Mel! That last video, In My Place? Did you see did you see? Chris and Jonny on Guy's ramp!!! Then he calls Guy and the video stopped! :angry:

We need the whole thing someone please!

Hello there!

I went to the 2 concerts to Barcelona and Madrid and the set-list was the same in both.

A pity for a person who did many kilometres and spent a lot of money.

In 2005 I did as well but they played a slight different concert.... this time Chris made the same falls and almost he spoke the same spanish words.

But, both cocerts have been quite good. C. Martin changed his tone during "Speed of sound" and changed some lyrics too.

I'm tired. I will write a bit more later and add some pics, right?

Greetings from Madrid.

hello , i have recorded 1hour of this show (i can´t record the full show becausesa security guy point me with a red light |O|) , but the sound is terrible of the video record, i have another audio source almost complete (missing only yellow the last song) and i want to sync this audio with my 1 hour video source but i need help ! i´m noob in all of this , if you want to help me mp and we can share 1 hour of this show in dvdr in the media forum.