✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music "piracy"...!

::Hayley::

I just wondered what everyone thinks of downloading songs from the internet instead of actually buying the CDs... Now we all do it (well most :shrug: ) and the big companies keep saying they're going to "clamp down" and stop people downloading music...

Does anyone think this will happen or is it just a scare tactic...

For me downloading is cheaper than spending ridiculous amounts of money on CDs :o

.....And it's a good way to get unreleased Coldplay material :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only download songs to get B-sides or live material. I think that if you just download individual songs by an artist, and don't buy their albums, the whole intended effect of the music is lost. Can you imagine listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" in only a few pieces? The Album wouldn't make sense without listening to the whole thing. With albums and songs put out by new artists, the whole "album" feeling is lost sometimes, and a cd can just feel like a bunch of singles lumped together instead of something that you can listen to the whole way through, over and over [Like "the Joshua Tree"]. In that way, I think that downloading isn't "bad", necessarily. But, it's killing off the concept of the "album". :|

Same here. I got to know most of my favourite artists by downloading their songs. I mean, if I like the songs I download I'll buy the CD. It's more of a promotional stuff, I don't think the record companies should be that scared because people buy the CDs usually after they have a proper listen.

i love d/l songs. that's how i discover a lot of bands i like now. ex. coldplay! lol. if it wasn't for d/l i wouldn't commit to buying a 15 dollars cd i might not like. :P

i understand that people are losing money, but as an artist you can make money in more then one way. just because people can get their hands on your music for free doesn't mean you are going to go broke.

i dont know what its called or who sings it, but i hear this song no less than 4 times a day where the guy is singing something about the best view is from his porch looking in, the whole song sounds like hes some divorced guy stalking his family who went into hiding after he went mental

haha ahem. my dad will forever listen to it and well i just run to my room and shove my guts out my window and watch them as they decenegrate into my back yard than i go and get them and reinstall them into my wee body :)