✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Actually Lovers in Japan (Though its acoustic) thread! The Discussion thread

But I haven't listened to DAAHF, because that's a low quality version. This version of LiJ is pretty good.

+ it's a different version than the album version... so it will be another experience

And it's not really that we already heared half the album, we still have:

Cemeteries of London

Lost! (complete, real, full version)

Lovers in Japan (real version) / Reign of Love

Yes

Chinese Sleep Chant

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends (full version)

The Escapist

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I haven't listened to DAAHF, because that's a low quality version. This version of LiJ is pretty good.

+ it's a different version than the album version... so it will be another experience

And it's not really that we already heared half the album, we still have:

Cemeteries of London

Lost! (complete, real, full version)

Lovers in Japan (real version/Reign of Love)

Yes

Chinese Sleep Chant

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends (full version)

The Escapist

I have full faith that the studio version will be incredible and better. Very much excited.

One thing I'm really doing is NOT listening to the album playback on June 9th.

The first time I listen to the album shouldn't be on my computer.

then burn it to a CD. hahaha.

that's what i might do. it's not fair that americans have to wait almost a week after europeans to get it, we won't be able to make it that long. if i lived in europe i wouldn't listen to it, but if i don't download then i will have to stop getting on starting june 9th haha.

me too, i hear they've used so many different instruments and sounds that we have only heard a stripped down version of a beautiful song, i'm sure.

Exactly. And Eno is a perfect producer, especially for the kind of music Coldplay write. This album may not be immediately accessible in terms of instant gratification but I am confident that repeated listens will turn this album into one of their best......I hope:-)

One thing I'm really doing is NOT listening to the album playback on June 9th.

The first time I listen to the album shouldn't be on my computer.

I will definitely be waiting to listen to the album after I purchase it in stores. I do not want computer speakers;-)

Exactly. And Eno is a perfect producer, especially for the kind of music Coldplay write. This album may not be immediately accessible in terms of instant gratification but I am confident that repeated listens will turn this album into one of their best......I hope:-)

me too, and i can't wait to hear how great Lost sounds. it's still my favorite song on the album right now because of the piano solo. it almost made me tear up...but not really cuz i'm a dude lol.

according to the guy at The Cold Cut blog, Lost has an organ and sounds a whole lot better on the album version.

then burn it to a CD. hahaha.

:P

Nah, I'll wait till Friday.

The rest of the week I'll be in stress, caus on Thursday I'll hear if I passed my final exams. VLV is coming at the right moment.

9th June is my birthday though, so it would make a great birthday present.

me too, and i can't wait to hear how great Lost sounds. it's still my favorite song on the album right now because of the piano solo. it almost made me tear up...but not really cuz i'm a dude lol.

according to the guy at The Cold Cut blog, Lost has an organ and sounds a whole lot better on the album version.

Oh yeah, the Lost acoustic is amazing but I heard a little bit of the studio version and it is by and far much better. I can't wait!!

Oh yeah, the Lost acoustic is amazing but I heard a little bit of the studio version and it is by and far much better. I can't wait!!

Yeah I agree, the acoustic version is a bit bland whereas the album version seems to feature a cool beat.

in terms of lyrics, Lost means more to me...i also think i prefer the music, but i have yet to hear the album version of LiJ, so I'm not going to say which.

Lost does have great lyrics. Lovers in Japan does sound amazing though. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the songs settle in my mind over the next few days and weeks.

I've got to sign off. Good talking with you guys. Have a great night!! :-)

Lost does have great lyrics. Lovers in Japan does sound amazing though. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the songs settle in my mind over the next few days and weeks.

I've got to sign off. Good talking with you guys. Have a great night!! :-)

yeah man u too.

i agree, until we hear the album as coldplay intended, we won't know which songs we like better.